Training Thursday 20/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 20/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

A surprisingly windy but lovely day for training today.Half term week so quite a few extra watchers up trees and standing on anything they could and loads in the dug outs and standing next to them.Milner was out quite early and got a cheer from high up a tree and he waved back.No Boring James Milner there.

18 on view to start with but 3 went in after the MP chat. Nastasic and two others ( couldn't possibly say but MP might at the press conference if they are a problem).Jogs,stretches and then keep ball circles with Fernandinho sitting this out to do a little extra work with a physio.Some fun as ever in the circles with Samir in excellent mood albeit having a big whinge about who should be in the middle.

The onto a one/two touch passing routine in 2 separate groups before they split again with 6 players going in (ones who have played the most recently).The rest set up some finishing practice with the exception of Kun who worked separately..Basically crosses with a one touch finish either head or foot.First up was Edin with a wonderful finish. Goals and great saves.One goal from Joleon was followed with "save that!" Negredo scored with a real bullet header.It looked like it was set up as a straight competition between keepers and the rest so no surprise there was great banter between them all.This session seemed to be won by the shooters as Milner scored and the keepers had to do press ups.

Next was a two touch finish from a cross and good goals from Boyata.Demic (2),Micah,Rodders,Negredo,Jovetic and Garcia.Costel saved on from Milner who replied with "Panti you long bastard".Then onto a cross, a one touch lay off for someone to finish.The Edin ,Negredo partnership started it off perfectly but it was getting very competitive and when Costel saved this time from Samir he was really pumped with his cry of "COME ON". No doubt Samir had been winding it up.The keepers lost this one and Samir was very much the supervisor when they did their press ups to make sure they did the full quota and properly.

Next was a 2 touch finish for the strikers from a cross.Some nice goals and saves but this time the keepers won and Costel and Joe were all over Samir for his press ups and he was forced to do extras.All good fun and then onto a 5 a side game to finish but I didn't stay to watch especially as it was away on the far side of the pitches.

A good entertaining little session and I hope no injuries to worry about.Kun looking good but I am sure only a maybe for Saturday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 20/2

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks, Doug.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Now Samir is back, Dave can have a little rest and they can both start the Cup final
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Great read. Thanks Doug
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Great read. Thanks Doug
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby AG7 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Anything on Komps, Doug? That goal.com article (see Next thread) has me worried sick if true ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 pm

AG7 wrote:Anything on Komps, Doug? That goal.com article (see Next thread) has me worried sick if true ...

?? what article is that?

I have seen this one on BlueMoon and alledgedly from the Daily Mail

From The Mail:

TRAINING GROUND BUST UP COULD COST CITY BIG

Hanging on by a thread in all four competitions and about to slip off the proverbial ledge has proven too much for the players brought in for millions of pounds and under intense scrutiny and pressure to succeed. The Mail has learned that Samir Nasri and Costel Pantilimon had to be separated by armed security guards and teammates after a training ground disagreement turned ugly. This came on the heels of another near bust-up involving the frustrated Joleon Lescott, a player who has been on the outside looking in for months, who apparently attacked both Joe Hart and Pantilimon (with well placed headers) mid-drill! It seems that out of his depth manager Manuel Pellegrini is clueless when it comes tostopping the discord between his overpriced and overworked stars. He was sighted blowing a whistle on the sideline, seemingly egging his players on as they brutally attacked each other, rather than jumping in to try to separate them. Even the normally mild mannered James Milner became involved in the fracas, launching and expletive-laden diatribe against Pantilimon as teammates struggled to pull them apart. All of these problems of course, come in the aftermath of a right thwacking at the hands of the ever-resplendent Barca, who recently benefitted from City's naivete and inexperience, handing them a decisive 2-0 loss which of course should have been 3 or 4 nill. And unlike the hard done by Arsenal who fought valiantly in the face of insurmountable odds, City seemingly rolled over to a superior force once again, which explains why tensions are high around Carrington. Whether these problems will lead to massive goings out or comings in at the next transfer window remains to be seen, but suffice it to say that Pellegrini and the boys in blue are on the rocks, and this report from the training grounds proves it.

Their sense of humour it seems.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby AG7 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: ?? what article is that?

Doug, see the "Next: Stoke (Home)" thread, in the game intro I have pasted a GOAL.com article regarding Kompany having sustained a hamstring injury during the Barca game and will be playing through against Stoke with pain despite of that ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Crossie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Long bastard lol
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

AG7 wrote:

Doug, see the "Next: Stoke (Home)" thread, in the game intro I have pasted a GOAL.com article regarding Kompany having sustained a hamstring injury during the Barca game and will be playing through against Stoke with pain despite of that ...

Sorry I hadn't seen that.I do remember the incident though when he went for his hamstring after 60 odd minutes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Crossie wrote:Long bastard lol

Can't stop laughing at that for someone reason. Possibly the funniest thing I've heard a footballer say...and they call Miller boring.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Cheers Doug. Personally reckon Aguero will get 25/30 mins V Stoke. Ease him in ready for Cup Final. Assume Nasri fit and raring to go?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 am

doug, im curious. you mention that 6 who recently played went in but then Negredo stayed out. does that normally happen, that alot of recently played players go in but some recently played players stay out?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

phips wrote:doug, im curious. you mention that 6 who recently played went in but then Negredo stayed out. does that normally happen, that alot of recently played players go in but some recently played players stay out?

I would say it's unusual for the odd one to stay out.Perhaps a bit different in Negredo's case as he hasn't played that many full games recently and is trying to get back to his best after that silly injury he picked up at WHU.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 pm

did Micah train? i see he wasnt even on the bench...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:11 am

phips wrote:did Micah train? i see he wasnt even on the bench...

Micah trained fully yes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Indianablue » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:52 am

dee
AG7 wrote:

Rdddddddrdd
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Return to Training Reports