*** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:34 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Nasri worked hard. He hasn't hit form again since he was kicked out of action but he keeps putting in a shift. Yaya was fucked & really struggling, not just running but also with his touch. He struggles playing several games close together imo.

Zabba may be struggling because of too many games also. But whatever the reason, Sagna was on another level entirely today. Totally outclassed Zabba.

Perhaps he had something to prove contractually?

Cheers

He didn't do himself any harm in getting a deal from either team with his performance there. His crossing has always been on another level to Zabba but he also caused problems in the air & put in a good shift defensively.

Zabba is really struggling due to the lack of cover from Micah imo. He has always been pretty useless in the oppo penalty area but this season he had made a big improvement under Von Krolock. Most of the time now, even if he's in 10 yards of free space in their box, he can't find a shot or cross or pass, just finds a way to fuck up the attack. He was much better earlier season.

That's down to mental as well as physical tiredness imo. He is running his balls off week in week out with no break. If Sagna had been playing for City yesterday, & put clean through like Zabba was on so many occasions, the game would have been over by half time. But perhaps it would have been the same if Zabba was upto full sharpness.

The Count spotted it though, mentioned the wasted positions. So we can expect he will be trying to fix that during the week.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Twobob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 am

We said the biggest obstacle to overcome would be the amount of games we need to fit in, its showing with players where we don't really have any cover (like Zaba).

Physically Zaba would run through walls and still keep going but, as you say Ted, mental fatigue takes its toll.

The point keeps us still in it, this and the Scouse games are the two toughest but it simply means we must get something from the scousers. However we need to be more clinical with the chances we have - we could have put the game to bed early on yesterday, like so many games recently, we've messed up great chances - to win this league we need to sort that out.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:48 pm

3 games in 7 days is alwaysa tough ask but when you have 2 of them away to your local rivals and down in the smoke then it becomes even more difficult. The plan worked 1st half, keeping it tight at the back and allowing the front players to do their thing. Second half was very different and we seemed to run out of puff. Pellers did try to turn it up a bit by bringing Garcia, allowing Yaya the freedom of going forward but it was just a little late in the day for Yaya; he was fucked.

Over the years I'd have accepted a draw away at the Emirates and today is no different. They are a very good team who always seem to step it up a gear when we play them and the way they played the 2nd half, I'd say they were deserving of the point. That point realistically ends their shot at the title and each and every one of their players new it, that's why they came out fighting.

This season still as a lot of twists and turns yet, just as the Chelsea game showed yesterday. What we've got to do is ensure we finish consistently and when we drop a couple of points we come back and put a sustained run together.

Looking forward to it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:That's down to mental as well as physical tiredness imo. He is running his balls off week in week out with no break. If Sagna had been playing for City yesterday, & put clean through like Zabba was on so many occasions, the game would have been over by half time. But perhaps it would have been the same if Zabba was upto full sharpness.

The Count spotted it though, mentioned the wasted positions. So we can expect he will be trying to fix that during the week.

To be fair, first half when Zabba got clear in their box like that he did not have a great deal to aim for. Dzeko was just stood in the middle of a group of Arsenal defenders making fuck all attempt to do something useful like actually attack the front post and give Pablo something to aim at. Zabba's end product was crap but he was not at all helped by no one getting into anything like a decent position for him to hit the ball at
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm

4 points from the last two away games is satisfactory, and it means we're still very much on course for the title.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Point gained but little margin for error now.

Get a point at Anfield & it remains in our control but Everton Away a horrid fixture. We looked.legfy 2nd half yesterday but a week off before the next game & week.off leading up to Klanfield will assist matters.

Could.do.with some help where Liverpool are concerned, a Spurs draw -.no chance I know - or a booking for Gerrard or injury to Suarez or Sturridge.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Point gained but little margin for error now.

Get a point at Anfield & it remains in our control but Everton Away a horrid fixture. We looked.legfy 2nd half yesterday but a week off before the next game & week.off leading up to Klanfield will assist matters.

Could.do.with some help where Liverpool are concerned, a Spurs draw -.no chance I know - or a booking for Gerrard or injury to Suarez or Sturridge.

if yr pinning yr title hopes on cards or injuries to dippers yr fucking really grasping at straws.

What'll win us the league is Yaya getting a breather, getting Kun back and someone sticking their foot up Negredo's backside and telling him to fucking get it sorted.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dikdok » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 am

dikdok wrote:Sorry guys but I can't honestly see soft centred Spurs doing anything at Anfield....

Cassandra has spoken
dikdok
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City FC

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

if yr pinning yr title hopes on cards or injuries to dippers yr fucking really grasping at straws.

What'll win us the league is Yaya getting a breather, getting Kun back and someone sticking their foot up Negredo's backside and telling him to fucking get it sorted.

cheers

On such fine margins and small events are titles decided.

Every little bit of assistance helps.

I wouldn't place any hope in Negredo being a factor down the stretch, as he basically has done little 2 months now.

I agree we need our big players to stand up for us, but any assistance elsewhere helps too.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:42 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I wouldn't place any hope in Negredo being a factor down the stretch, as he basically has done little 2 months now.

I agree we need our big players to stand up for us, but any assistance elsewhere helps too.

Based on that mate, Negredo is finished?!

Form changes in one game for strikers. We don't know which game that might be, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 am

Original Dub wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Based on that mate, Negredo is finished?!

Form changes in one game for strikers. We don't know which game that might be, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Tell you what, I haven't given up on him & expect him to re-ignite very soon,, but if he doesn't actually pull his fucking finger out & help us in this run in, I will not have him on my favourite players list again unless he plays like fucking Suarez next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 am

Agreed!
Original Dub

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads