*** Official City Vs Sunderland Match Day Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** Official City Vs Sunderland Match Day Thread ***

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Benjay wrote:Has the cricket season started?

Well, the IPL has started.;-)
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm

clawbaggio wrote:We are proper Bottle Boys.

Everybody goes on about us having the best squad in the league but that us bollocks. Our first 11 is probably the best but take one or two of them out and the replacements are not up to scratch.

If there's an omen we scraped a draw against these when we won the title.

I'll be glad when the fuckers get relegated

Then we had a real game changer though Mad Mario lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Since late Feb weve lost to Wigan, Chels, Barca x2 & Liverpool, and drawn with Norwich and Sunderland.

At the business end of the season weve not cut the mustard.

With this squad, that simply isnt good enough.

Maybe Jovetic aside, we were fookin woeful this evening. 4-4-2 Mr Pellegrini... really? With 1 striker not match fit and the other who looks like a ringer brought out of the crowd to play.

Im a Milner fan but on a night of grade A typical City, he may have topped the lot. The harsh truth is, our playing staff and managerial team havent been good enough, often enough, when the pressures been on in the seasons final 3 months, ie the business end.

We've had some nice moments but not enough of them when its counted Im afraid.

The good news is the last 5 games are pressure free now, so lets see Jovetic getting a game instead of Negredo who quite frankly is a waste of a shirt these days hes that fuclin bad. Maybe Rodwell deserves a look too but when we look back at seasons end the overwhelming feeling will be what an opportunity we wasted.

Its been a decent season but by no means the special.one it could have been.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:54 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Don't think we should have taken Neggers off. Dzeko looked clueless but the real problem lies with defence and the keeper.

Neggers had to go off as he was as bad as it gets but Costel should have been the one to come on.Our best "striker" today was Jovetic and he wasn't much use either.

Just a bad bad day at the office
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Poor, poor and poor tonight, lucky point for City. MDM and Garcia did a job, Jovetic looked bright when he came on and that's it. Sergio and Negredo not at the races. Zabba and and Milner gave the usual effort but ineffective. Nasri not in where it mattered enough.

Only positive is that we probably won't have to play Sunderland next season.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Neggers had to go off as he was as bad as it gets but Costel should have been the one to come on.Our best "striker" today was Jovetic and he wasn't much use either.

Just a bad bad day at the office

Would have been fucking funny bringing costel on when we were 1-0 to make sure we don't concede.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Tim777 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Sign a shrink for fucks sake.

Mate, I actually concur with this concept.
I think Pellegrini knows what to say to motivate the team, but doesn't quite know how to say it.
Earlier this season, we played like kings but we somehow lost it to a certain degree along the way.
Some, like Nasri, Garcia and Demichelis went from zero to hero, while others like Negredo, and Hart & Kompany to a lesser degree, went from hero to zero.
Some remain constant but flawed, like Dzeko, Milner, Navas and Clichy, while those who have had regular moments of brilliance are Silva, Fernandinho, Yaya, Costel (yes) and Zabaleta.
We were unlucky with injuries from Aguero, Kompany and Jovetic (whom I have a feeling has unchartered greatness in him). Others are suffering from major burn-out.
Nastasic and Rodwell are really of no consequence.
All who have been playing regular football are in my opinion brilliant at their best. Overall we have a fantastic squad, arguably the best in the world, but for the greater part of the season only half of them have turned up at any given point.
Why is that?
Someone needs to constantly monitor and mentor them at all times to be able to identify and try to rectify any issues before they become hindrances.
Take the rags for example: how can the same team who won a title so spectacularly one season under one manager become so dismal under another, the next? (their team is crap by the way, but we know that all too well).
Pellegrini has the expertise, no doubt about that, but can he keep it all together when it matters the most? His man-management is top notch, but does it sometimes get lost in translation?
He is not the problem, don't get me wrong, perhaps he just needs help, like a go-between, and/or more frequent and effective one-on-one sessions to mentor this great squad of ours.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby phips » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 am

even before the final whistle we didnt deserve this game.

one of the worst performances ive seen from this squad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby branny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 am

I'll be glad to see the back of Sunderland. Don't know why we struggle against them so regularly.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 am

What a crap of morning rain, City out from race against fuckin Sunderland and by fault of players an manager, crap day this will be.I love Milner but worst performance EVER.Last two games Hart and Kompany are show me that their class that has a ceiling or do Kompany can be WC player he can be crap that i can't number time Wickham lost him last night (fuckin Wickham).The difference between the company and say Nesta or Maldini is because they could also make mistake ,something could happen that cost us the game but not twice in a row, and not the matches of great importance and Hart is really an average of the keeper , he really is, Where was he on on that counter .Player have a angle you just cover your near post, but he was late with dive on that post. How many points we lost himself this season? Ten, twelve!! Pellegrini also guilty if you do not have Silva and Yaya, team do not start with the attackers out of shape and those who have just come back ,and see if you do and see the crap from first half you lead 1 0 u come back on 5 midfielders and save 3 pts. I hate it when Aguero played as bad and nobody mentions it.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Benjay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:35 am

I awake this morning thankful that if it was never going to happen and if I was going to be disappointed then i am glad that is now and not on the last day of the season. We cannot expect the title every season but, rather like in the old lower league days, you want to see a bit of passion and at too many times this season its been lacking. Ill say it again the "project" selling point of the club does not exist anymore. And I wonder if some players feel they have achieved with City what they set out to achieve. No need to rip the side apart but there are or two who should be booted off the wage bill. The squad may be tired but Chelsea can stick with it so we should too.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Pellegrini also guilty if you do not have Silva and Yaya, team do not start with the attackers out of shape and those who have just come back ,and see if you do and see the crap from first half you lead 1 0 u come back on 5 midfielders and save 3 pts. I hate it when Aguero played as bad and nobody mentions it.

This is a reasonable point. When you are forced to change a couple of your best players and still try to play 2 upfront, who also haven't played or playing bad, then you're asking for trouble. This is where Pellers fails in my book. I thought he may have learnt from earlier games when we changed the system but it seems not and once again he underestimated out opponents.

Sunderland are scrapping for their lives and it was clear early on that we were too open, mainly due to not having the fluency in midfield. Once again, instead of being pragmatic and alleviating the pressure on our defence, he continued the same old and it eventually cost us.

Maybe we've been told that it's got to be entertaining, and rightly so in some cases, but please, win the fucking game first.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:57 am

Benjay wrote:Has the cricket season started?
it has but Lancashire lost their first match & their Head Coach might be taking on the England job so things look a little less bright there as well!!
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads