Breaking: Moyes gone!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Breaking: Moyes gone!

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 am

Agent Moyes got too confident in his mission. The Glazer empire have rumbled him. Its a crying shame. Whilst Agent Moyes gets shipped out to the likes of Leeds we need to train up the new manager/agent. If it is someone like Van Gaal then they perform as well as Scolari did at Chelsea. Great reputations can be shot down in flames in this league....
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:10 am

So, there's another one of those myths dismissed. 'We give managers time', my arse.

What a season it's been for them. No silverware, out of all the cups early, only made it through in the CL against less than adequate opponents and to finish with not a sniff of CL next season.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

Benjay wrote:Agent Moyes got too confident in his mission. The Glazer empire have rumbled him. Its a crying shame. Whilst Agent Moyes gets shipped out to the likes of Leeds we need to train up the new manager/agent. If it is someone like Van Gaal then they perform as well as Scolari did at Chelsea. Great reputations can be shot down in flames in this league....

Seems to me Van Gaal is always fired. Mind you if they go for Giggs they should be truly fucked. Ex-players of the same club make the worst managers - they use the heart not the head.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 am

you can easily superimpose giggs' head onto that chosen one banner. you could even cheat a bit and photoshop his eyes so they arent so crossed
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am

john@staustell wrote: Seems to me Van Gaal is always fired. Mind you if they go for Giggs they should be truly fucked. Ex-players of the same club make the worst managers - they use the heart not the head.

Agree. By far the best thing for us IMO if they go for Giggs.
Either way the Prem next year is going to be a hell of a battle!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am

Fucking arrogant twats. Sean Bones of MUST has just been on SSN saying that as a club they 'Deserve' the very best manager in the world, they're too big to have the likes of Gollum running their team.

Looks like the fans want Klopp. I could see him going as well after Dortmund selling off their best players.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 am

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a pawn to save the king. Hopefully Ed will now spend the summer searching for a successor before appointing someone unsuitable just before the deadline and making a couple of panic buys for players in positions they already have covered.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 am

bayblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote: Seems to me Van Gaal is always fired. Mind you if they go for Giggs they should be truly fucked. Ex-players of the same club make the worst managers - they use the heart not the head.

Agree. By far the best thing for us IMO if they go for Giggs.
Either way the Prem next year is going to be a hell of a battle!

Giggs is anointed as interim manager.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

I'll be surprised if Van Gaal doesn't get the job. Pochettino for Spurs?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

Andy Gray has just more or less said on talkshite that some rag players knew 2 weeks ago that Davey was a goner.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 am

Van Gaal:

Ajax (1991–1997)[edit]

Van Gaal was Ajax manager from 1991 until 1997 and had a very successful tenure.

After serving out his contract at Ajax (1997), Van Gaal received his knighthood in the Order of Orange-Nassau.[3]

Barcelona (1997–2000)[edit]

He moved to Barcelona in 1997, taking over from Bobby Robson and helped the team win two league championships (1997–98, 1998–99) and the Copa del Rey once. Despite this success, he clashed with the media and came under criticism. Van Gaal expressed that it was difficult to implement his football philosophy at Barcelona due to cultural differences, and that he struggled hard as some players were unwilling to follow his lead.[4] His rows with Rivaldo are an example of this. Van Gaal insisted Rivaldo play as a left winger, whereas Rivaldo argued that he wanted to play in the centre, in effect undermining Van Gaal.[5]

Van Gaal eventually left the Catalan side on 20 May 2000,[4] days after losing the league title to Deportivo de La Coruña, uttering the immortal line: "Amigos de la prensa. Yo me voy. Felicidades." (Friends of the press. I am leaving. Congratulations.)[6] He returned to the Netherlands to manage the Dutch national team in preparation for the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Dutch National Team and return to Barcelona (2000–2003)[edit]

Under Van Gaal, the Netherlands finished third in its qualifying group behind Portugal and the Republic of Ireland, failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Van Gaal stepped down as manager on 31 January 2002 to be replaced by Dick Advocaat. After this, speculation began that Van Gaal would succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United once Ferguson claimed he would retire that year. According to Van Gaal, Ferguson decided against retiring and the deal fell through.[7][8] He returned to Barcelona for the start of the 2002–03 season, but left the job in January 2003 with Barcelona just three points away from the relegation zone.[6][9]

Return to Ajax (2004)[edit]

In 2004, he returned to Ajax as a technical director, but resigned later that year due to an internal conflict.

AZ (2005–2009)[edit]

Van Gaal with AZ.
In January 2005, it was announced that he would replace Co Adriaanse as AZ manager on 1 July 2005.[10][11] Under Van Gaal, AZ finished second in the Eredivisie in 2005–06 and third in 2006–07. Van Gaal also led AZ to a runners-up finish in the 2006–07 KNVB Cup and lost a 2007–08 UEFA Champions League qualification play-off to Ajax 4–2 on aggregate.

Van Gaal initially announced he would leave AZ at the end of the 2007–08 season due to disappointing results, with the club finishing 11th in the Eredivisie.[12] However, when several players of the AZ squad pointed out that they would like Van Gaal to stay with AZ, Van Gaal said he would give the players a chance to prove themselves.

AZ started the 2008–09 season with two losses: 2–1 to NAC Breda and 0–3 to ADO Den Haag, but after that the Alkmaar-based club remained unbeaten until 18 April, topping the table ahead of FC Twente and Ajax for the entire season. AZ had the best defensive record in the Eredivisie and the second-best goalscoring record, behind Ajax, thanks to its offensive duo of league topscorer Mounir El Hamdaoui and Brazilian Ari. They were crowned league champions on 19 April, one day after AZ suffered an unexpected loss at home to Vitesse, which ended a string of 28 unbeaten games. That same day Ajax, the only opponent still in theory able to surpass AZ, lost 6–2 to PSV.[13][14]

Bayern Munich (2009–2011)[edit]

On 1 July 2009, Van Gaal took over as coach of Bayern Munich.[15][16] Van Gaal referred to his new employer as a "dream club".[17] He got off to a poor start as Bayern coach, winning only one of his first four matches in charge and by November the club was on the brink of a first round Champions League exit following two losses to Bordeaux. With Bayer Leverkusen at the top of the Bundesliga, speculation was rampant that Van Gaal was on the brink of a departure from Bayern even earlier than his predecessor Jürgen Klinsmann. Van Gaal however kept insisting he is a prozesstrainer meaning that his team needs time to play the way he imagines.[18] On 28 August 2009, Van Gaal strengthened his team by signing compatriot Arjen Robben from Real Madrid, this reunited the two, with Van Gaal selecting Robben for his debut in the Netherlands U20 team.[19][20] In addition, Van Gaal instilled many youth players are fixtures in the starting 11, including Thomas Müller, Holger Badstuber and also converted the winger Bastian Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. A feud with Italian striker Luca Toni who had played an important role in Bayern's 2007–08 league and cup double led to Toni's move to Roma. However, Bayern Munich's form improved with two Champions League victories including an impressive 4–1 victory over Juventus in Turin, which allowed them to progress from their group in second position behind Bordeaux. By March, Bayern had moved on the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and were top of the Bundesliga ahead of Leverkusen.

On 8 May 2010, FC Bayern were crowned Bundesliga champions following a 3–1 win at Hertha BSC,[21] making Van Gaal the first ever Dutch coach to win the Bundesliga.[22] 15 May 2010, Bayern won the DFB-Pokal with a 4–0 defeat of SV Werder Bremen, thus securing the domestic double.[23]

In the Champions League, Bayern won 4–4 on the away goals rule in the quarter-final against Manchester United[24] and 4–0 on aggregate against Olympique Lyonnais in the semi-final,[25] securing them a spot in the final, where Van Gaal was to meet his former pupil and assistant at Barcelona José Mourinho,[26] who was coaching Internazionale. Bayern lost the Champions League final 2–0, handing Inter a first Italian treble and thus failing to secure the treble themselves.[27] On 25 May 2010 Karl-Heinz Rummenigge expressed his desire to extend Van Gaal's contract as the club was very happy with his performance, even though Van Gaal still had one year of his contract to fulfill.[28] At the end of the season Van Gaal was voted Manager of the Year by the German professional footballers in the yearly poll organized by VDV (professional players' union in Germany) and kicker.[29][30][31]

Van Gaal's Bayern started the 2010–11 season by winning the DFL-Supercup, which had been reinstalled after a 14-year absence.[32]

On 7 March 2011, Bayern Munich declared that Van Gaal's contract was to be cancelled after the end of the 2010–11 season.[33] However, he was instead sacked on 10 April 2011 after losing the third place in the Bundesliga.[34]
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby AG7 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:45 am

Jürgen Klopp says 'I don't want Manchester United job'

Jürgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United job. The 46-year-old told the Guardian: "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

Klopp, who was widely reported to be one of the United board's preferred candidates to succeed David Moyes, extended his contract at the Bundesliga side until 2018 in October and explained that he was "still in love" with the club last week. United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honoring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.

Contrary to the perception in England, neither Dortmund nor their coach believe that the team have hit their glass ceiling after losing two key players, Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, to the league winners Bayern Munich.

The club have only begun to establish themselves as the German league's second force after nearly going out of business in 2005. Strong financial growth over the course of the last three years has seen their turnover rise to £256m in 2012-13, a figure that puts them ahead of Premier League teams like Liverpool £240m and Tottenham Hotspur £172m.

Since taking on the job the 2008, Klopp has led his young squad to two championships, one German FA Cup and an appearance at the Champions League final in Wembley last may. Dortmund have qualified for the next Champions League group stage and will also contest this year's cup final in Berlin, where Bayern will once again provide the opposition.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 am

Ah well it was great while it lasted.Have to laugh that they only gave him 10 months, it completely contradicts all the continuity bullshit the rags love to spout.

The rags must be determined to prove they are a family club with the appointment of that serial cheat as interim manager.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 am

gillie wrote:Andy Gray has just more or less said on talkshite that some rag players knew 2 weeks ago that Davey was a goner.

It was actually CamelGob who made the decision but somebody forgot to pass the message to the Glazer's.

SSN have just done a piece on Gollum's season and they absolutely panned him. What was noticable was what RatBoy had to say on last nights MNF. The way he turned on Moyes and the venom in his voice said that he was definately a goner.

Ah well.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 am

I hate to say this but the perfect manager for them would be Mancini.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Benjay » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Sometimes you have to sacrifice a pawn to save the king. Hopefully Ed will now spend the summer searching for a successor before appointing someone unsuitable just before the deadline and making a couple of panic buys for players in positions they already have covered.

They really dont need to touch the defence. Rio is well up for another season. Jones is extremely underrated, Evans (who is he again?!) Oh yes Evans is really good and Evra is french so must be good. Dont tinker I say. Buy utility players like Buttner (does he still exist?) and they will be just fine.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 am

Poor bastard. What could have been if he'd only got the likes of Tranny/Fabregas/Snidjer etc. Could have been oh so different.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 am

Benjay wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Sometimes you have to sacrifice a pawn to save the king. Hopefully Ed will now spend the summer searching for a successor before appointing someone unsuitable just before the deadline and making a couple of panic buys for players in positions they already have covered.

They really dont need to touch the defence. Rio is well up for another season. Jones is extremely underrated, Evans (who is he again?!) Oh yes Evans is really good and Evra is french so must be good. Dont tinker I say. Buy utility players like Buttner (does he still exist?) and they will be just fine.

You've forgotten Smalling. He was so good he even got an England place as soon as he got a red shirt.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby AG7 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 am

Giggs confirmed as interim manager!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!