***official everton v city match thread***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***official everton v city match thread***

Postby The Original Special One » Sun May 04, 2014 12:22 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Has Garcia been slated yet? Absolutely miles off the pace as usual.

Everyone else great to some degree.

Garcia has never had pace so I don't see how he could suddenly have acquired it at the end of a long hard season.

One of the smartest bits of football I've seen this season was from Garcia after Barkley had beaten him in midfield, but Garcia didn't give up and ran after him to try to retrieve the ball. When he couldn't, and a lesser player might have stuck a leg out and tripped up Barkley and got booked and conceded a free-kick and a dismissal for his troubles, he pulled up and left it to his teammates who were facing Barkley to clear the football.

That's smart football. Even Yaya mightn't have thought of that
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby dazby » Sun May 04, 2014 6:05 am

Nice to see blue man Dan in the coverage in injury time.

Very important win.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 am

Blimey that was tough watching.

Wont get too carried away is there is a team not too far away who's already held 2 victory parades!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 am

Blimey that was tough watching.

Wont get too carried away is there is a team not too far away who's already held 2 victory parades!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby CuteMancs » Sun May 04, 2014 7:29 am

This is an interesting take on the game from the Huff Post ....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05 ... _hp_ref=uk

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 7:29 am

Absolute fantastic game that I'd say was our best win of the season. Martinez' men played some really good football and were driven to win, keeping the integrity of the game. We matched them all over the field and the performance we put in to win at such a place, under real pressure, was out of this world.

Still 2 difficult games to go and both will see it as their Cup Final moment, possibly shaping the final table. It's going to be a grizz I reckon and it will be down to the team to put as much effort in as they did today.

Beautiful, just beautiful.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh I think the Gerrard song is horrendous. Liverpool are not our nearest rivals.

There is only one team's fans who make up songs about their title rivals & that's Utd.

Singing cocky songs about Gerrard, then shitting your pants & going silent when the oppo score, instead of getting behind your team, is just classic rag behaviour & another few yards down the slippery slope to becoming rags in blue.

Awful.

It wasn't awful and it wasn't rag like. We have had Liverpool rammed downs our throats for weeks and weeks and they were pretty much given the trophy 10 days ago. I never thought I would come across a bunch of arrogant, self righteous set of fans than those down the road but my god Liverpool fans are on par if not worse. I'm sorry but they deserve everything they get. City fans were immense yesterday and even got a rendition of it going with he toffees fans. A great day.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh I think the Gerrard song is horrendous. Liverpool are not our nearest rivals.

There is only one team's fans who make up songs about their title rivals & that's Utd.

Singing cocky songs about Gerrard, then shitting your pants & going silent when the oppo score, instead of getting behind your team, is just classic rag behaviour & another few yards down the slippery slope to becoming rags in blue.

Awful.

It wasn't awful and it wasn't rag like. We have had Liverpool rammed downs our throats for weeks and weeks and they were pretty much given the trophy 10 days ago. I never thought I would come across a bunch of arrogant, self righteous set of fans than those down the road but my god Liverpool fans are on par if not worse. I'm sorry but they deserve everything they get. City fans were immense yesterday and even got a rendition of it going with he toffees fans. A great day.

I would rather see the rags win a title than Liverpool, but they are no different now than they were years ago. We never used to sing songs about Liverpool then, only Utd.

The next one is Mourinho, then Wenger, if they end up being the main challengers. It's a rag tradition to sing songs about players from teams who dare to challenge them, not a City one. They still sing about Vieira etc, because they don't like competition.

I don't want to see City building long standing hate wars v all the top sides, like they have done. It's one thing coming 2nd in a title race, it's another if the winners then take the piss out of you. Utd are the only club who do that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 8:27 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Absolute fantastic game that I'd say was our best win of the season. Martinez' men played some really good football and were driven to win, keeping the integrity of the game. We matched them all over the field and the performance we put in to win at such a place, under real pressure, was out of this world.

Still 2 difficult games to go and both will see it as their Cup Final moment, possibly shaping the final table. It's going to be a grizz I reckon and it will be down to the team to put as much effort in as they did today.

Martinez really set them up to stich us up. He knew we had to win & set them up to take advantage of us having to go forward.

To then go a goal down to a strike we could do nothing about & come back with 3 goals, is genuine title winning stuff. Not that you would know that listening to Sky's commentary.

MOTD were much more realistic, even the latest ex dipper.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Absolute fantastic game that I'd say was our best win of the season. Martinez' men played some really good football and were driven to win, keeping the integrity of the game. We matched them all over the field and the performance we put in to win at such a place, under real pressure, was out of this world.

Martinez really set them up to stich us up. He knew we had to win & set them up to take advantage of us having to go forward.

To then go a goal down to a strike we could do nothing about & come back with 3 goals, is genuine title winning stuff. Not that you would know that listening to Sky's commentary.

Is it just me - and I don't want to take anything away from Joe's overall performance - but was his positioning suspect for Barkley's goal.

Personally, I thought he was a bit too far off his line and, although the shot was brilliantly struck, he gave himself very little chance of saving it because of this.

As a 'keeper 'par excellence', perhaps Sis might have some thoughts on this
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 04, 2014 8:53 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Is it just me - and I don't want to take anything away from Joe's overall performance - but was his positioning suspect for Barkley's goal.

Personally, I thought he was a bit too far off his line and, although the shot was brilliantly struck, he gave himself very little chance of saving it because of this.

Apologies for posting this here; I've only now seen the Hart thread and the same question was asked there.

Didn't mean to cause any thoughtless duplication.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Is it just me - and I don't want to take anything away from Joe's overall performance - but was his positioning suspect for Barkley's goal.

sometimes you've just got to give credit where credit's due. Joe was where any other keeper would've been at that point and if those shots go on goal then 9 out of 10 times the keeper gets nowhere near them.

No blame attributed in this case, just a great shot.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think his positioning could have been a little better meaning he might have got nearer to it, but it would have been something out of this world to have reached it and have kept it out.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 04, 2014 8:58 am

Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think his positioning could have been a little better meaning he might have got nearer to it, but it would have been something out of this world to have reached it and have kept it out.

He would have had to be a mind reader to position himself for that. Half a second earlier, the ball was at the feet of a geezer with his back to goal.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 04, 2014 8:58 am

Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He was stood 3 yards off his line and about a yard away from his post, where should he have been?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spurge » Sun May 04, 2014 9:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He was stood 3 yards off his line and about a yard away from his post, where should he have been?

My recollection of the goal is that he was a little more than 3 yards off his line and you could argue he could have been a little more central between the posts. But this is being ultra critical and I don't want to detract from his overall performance, but like I said in another thread, I'm sure he is his biggest critic and he would be analysing this more than those he saved.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 04, 2014 9:36 am

Spurge wrote:
My recollection of the goal is that he was a little more than 3 yards off his line and you could argue he could have been a little more central between the posts. But this is being ultra critical and I don't want to detract from his overall performance, but like I said in another thread, I'm sure he is his biggest critic and he would be analysing this more than those he saved.

pause the replay when Barkley strikes it, he's halfway between his goal line and the edge of the six yard. Perhaps could've been more central but given where the ball was I'd imagine he was anticipating a run into the left channel from Naismith after he laid the ball off to Barkley. His positioning was perfectly fine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Imagine if Toure had scored it. Wiuld ut have been a great goal or goalie error? I know which i'd say
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Just a brilliant goal. Can't fault anyone for it, just unstoppable.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:Imagine if Toure had scored it. Wiuld ut have been a great goal or goalie error? I know which i'd say

He meant to cross it, he said as much to Owen?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads