***city vs villa offiicial match thread***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***city vs villa offiicial match thread***

Postby AG7 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I think we should pack the defence and midfield to ensure a draw on Sunday.

Or should we go for 4 and blow all goal scoring records away?

Where's that 'Next' thread when you need it!

LOL, the 'Next' thread is waiting for referee appointments ... hopefully up by this afternoon. Don't know what Premier League is cooking again (in taking so long to announce the refs for last gameweek).
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 am

Ref has been announced.

Chris Foy fell ill last minute so George Courtney has been asked to come out of retirement.

(One for our older viewers there).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu May 08, 2014 9:59 am

PeterParker wrote: Expected that from Lambert, to be fair. Maybe he wanted to help his scottish friend.

Rogers is Irish though
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 am

ayrshireblue wrote: Rogers is Irish though

Same difference ;-)

On a serious note, I had presumed the "his Scottish mate" thing was sarcastic/ironic but I guess maybe not!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Thu May 08, 2014 11:09 am

I just watched Yaya's goal again - four times. Amazing amazing goal. What a player.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Quite entertaining to flick through this thread on the day after. 2 most noticeable things are those who only want to slaughter players for their lack of perfection (i.e. they do something wrong) and those who wanted Negredo to come on. Really!!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Quite entertaining to flick through this thread on the day after. 2 most noticeable things are those who only want to slaughter players for their lack of perfection (i.e. they do something wrong) and those who wanted Negredo to come on. Really!!

This coming from someone that prefers to tape an important match rather than watch it live and then bimbles onto this site to check out the match thread, to have a go at fanatcial fans who are watching the match , just stinks of piss !!!!!

This is probably a new concept for you pops....knee jerk reactions and emotions are part and parcel of live day match experience so leave out the dick head comments about who said what and where during a live games match thread.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Zabaleta a lung busting masterclass, Silva a lock picker, Dzeko the scorer of important goals, Ya Ya a driving force. Points snaffled, one to go #together #mcfc
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

It was superb. Patience, skill, intelligence.

What I particularly liked was the fact that obviously when they got together at half time, the Count just refined a couple of things to work on, then put it into practice. It was obvious that a goal was likely to come from getting a fullback or Milner round the back, but there had been a lack of bodies in the six yard box, too many defenders to get the ball through & a lack of end product.

Tried it for a bit with Milner, didn't quite come off, so on comes Jovetic to drag the defenders about, Zabba sneaks through unawares now Milner has gone, Dzeko fights like fuck to get near post; goal. Pure raggery in a way.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Dzeko has just picked up two near post goals in two games 2nd half. The Count has reminded him at half time to get in there & reminded the others to put the ball in there.
We had this nailed early season then lost our way with it. Great to see it coming back together.The pissartist formerly known as Ted

Ha, Ted, the telling thing for me was that Pellers was so shrewd. Any coont could see by the twentieth unmet cross we needed an extra striker. But most, including me, would have taken off Garcia, well as he played. Taking off Jimmie which gave the space for Zab to run into and Dave to open was absolute class.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Benjay » Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 pm

I have a very angry Liverpool fan in my office today. "Don't even look at me" he said when I looked at him. I laughed thinking that such a reaction could not possibly be realistic but he was not joking. He was all smiles from him a couple of weeks back when I told him I thought we had blown it. It would appear that a lot of Liverpool fans are taking this the same way. God I hope we do it. If we win I will dust down my inflatable premiership trophy and bring it in Monday. He'll probably punch me but it'll be worth it.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

I was gobsmacked when Milner went off as he was making loads of runs which would have got us in behind & not being spotted by Yaya etc. But as soon as he went, I noticed Silva immediately cropping up more towards the right. Suddenly he puts Zabba through, 1-0.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I was gobsmacked when Milner went off as he was making loads of runs which would have got us in behind & not being spotted by Yaya etc. But as soon as he went, I noticed Silva immediately cropping up more towards the right. Suddenly he puts Zabba through, 1-0.

Milner going off is one of the main reasons we won.....he constantly made the wrong choice when he crossed the ball , bad day at the office imo.

The whole shape changed - thankfully Pelli adapts his tactics with 30 mins to spare in most games.......
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 08, 2014 3:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I was gobsmacked when Milner went off as he was making loads of runs which would have got us in behind & not being spotted by Yaya etc. But as soon as he went, I noticed Silva immediately cropping up more towards the right. Suddenly he puts Zabba through, 1-0.

Milner going off is one of the main reasons we won.....he constantly made the wrong choice when he crossed the ball , bad day at the office imo.

The whole shape changed - thankfully Pelli adapts his tactics with 30 mins to spare in most games.......

He put a great cross in for Nasri 1st half though.

Milner wasn't getting the ball quick enough imo, & they could have put him away several times 2nd half, but it wasn't working, & wheras many managers may have tried to get messages out to several players to try & sort it, with lots of arm waving etc, the Count just simplified it by taking him off & letting Silva fix the situation with Zabba using the space instead.

Very clever.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Ref has been announced.

Chris Foy fell ill last minute so George Courtney has been asked to come out of retirement.

(One for our older viewers there).

That would be truly horrific. Made Howard Webb look neutral when reffing the rags
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads