Kansas game tomorrow .....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kansas game tomorrow .....

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 am

Regarding Iheanacho, we signed him ages ago and also his team mate Chidiebere Nwakali, who is also a talent. For some reason we have to wait 'til they are 18 I believe, which allegedly is October in the case of Kelachi, no idea re the other lad.

Nwakali is also a lively fucker who can play out wide & has a bit of pace. Perhaps not quite as good & as smart as Iheanacho, but I may be doing him a disservice. I haven't seen the game yet so don't know what Iheanacho did, but I watched him & Nigeria U17s pretty much every game, & he's more than just a striker. He's got a seriously dangerous Silveresque ten yard pass on him; absolutlely superb touch when he gets it right.

I said during the World Cup, that Nigeria's U17s were better than the first team & wasn't joking. Their technique & pace is incredible & their coach had them playing fantastic counter attacking football. There are more talents to come from that team & we tried to sign a 3rd lad, who's name escapes me, but I believe Spurs got him. That may be a terrible loss, because he looked fucking shit hot as well. Midfield player; brilliant.

By the way: are all you lot who took the piss out of the Zucculini signing starting to feel a bit fucking stupid now ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:00 am

To be honest Ted the question is whether we hang on to Zuculini or loan him out. Probably the latter because he'll get serious game time but it 's a close run thing. If we do loan him should we be trying for a Premiership or maybe championship team though so he gets used to English football. All the talk so far is that he might go to a Spanish Club. I hope it's only for a season though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 am

blues2win wrote:To be honest Ted the question is whether we hang on to Zuculini or loan him out. Probably the latter because he'll get serious game time but it 's a close run thing. If we do loan him should we be trying for a Premiership or maybe championship team though so he gets used to English football. All the talk so far is that he might go to a Spanish Club. I hope it's only for a season though.

There are stories that the deal has already been done for him to go on loan to, erm, I think it was Valencia but anyhow; a team of that stature in Spain.

IF he's eligible for the Prem & IF he maintains the current standard, I would keep him at City, also Iheanacho.

If they are good enough, they are old enough. If they play better than some of the first team players; play them instead.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 am

highlights of last night's game here
http://m.sportingkc.com/news/2014/07/re ... ons-shield
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 am

City tweeted that the full game will be shown in City's You Tube Channel at 12pm today, so if you don't have a job/are on holiday/are on the sick/on your day off/work nights then you can watch it.....meanwhile in the land of 9-5 we will have to catch the highlights at some point
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 am

Some really good finishing from the youngsters there.

VERY encouraging.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 am

I think Pellegrini mentioned there could be work permit issues with the Nigerians. They've only played for the U 17s so would have difficulty getting in under the exceptional talent route. If the rags wanted them.. Don't get me going on that one.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:FFS.

I looked briefly on the OS & it said kick off at 8. Then I looked at the streaming site & it said Thursday. So I just assumed I'd got the date wrong & they were playing at 8, Thursday.

Pissflaps.

They're showing the whole game again on city's YouTube channel at midday today
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 am

ashton287 wrote:Caballero has very good distribution.

Miles better than harts.

By the end of the game I thought you could be forgiven for thinking Joe was his kicking coach
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 am

Invisible Man Fan wrote:City tweeted that the full game will be shown in City's You Tube Channel at 12pm today, so if you don't have a job/are on holiday/are on the sick/on your day off/work nights then you can watch it.....meanwhile in the land of 9-5 we will have to catch the highlights at some point

Lucky really, because they weren't showing it last nght.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:FFS.

I looked briefly on the OS & it said kick off at 8. Then I looked at the streaming site & it said Thursday. So I just assumed I'd got the date wrong & they were playing at 8, Thursday.

Pissflaps.

Nasty was excellent , lescott was nowhere to be seen..useless.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 am

After having a torrid night jumping from stream to stream I decided to have a look around the papers this morning for a bit of insight only to find a wall of red burning my eyes. Reports that I did find were of no value at all and even on the Beeb we were lumped in with five other games with the headline 'Borini injuries himself'.

I would have thought that the media's love-in with all things youth would have them salivating at our win of the MLS Champions but instead there is wall-to-wall coverage of Buttheads new tactical wizardry.

On a sidenote, how the fuck do the Dippers get away with that shit, doing a remembrance for the 96 prior to the Roma game. It's just appaulling how they milk this.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
twosips wrote:It's so fucking american it annoys me. He was on about adapting to a new team anyway so it's definitely acclimatising.

Yeah, I can safely say never have heard the word "acclimatising." Leave it to the English to add useless syllables and letters.

English comes from England. Anything else is a deviation from the standard.

While that may be true it is still less efficient!

Two sips, nope never heard any variation of acclimatize (nor aclimatise), we use acclimate.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

Florida Blue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
twosips wrote:It's so fucking american it annoys me. He was on about adapting to a new team anyway so it's definitely acclimatising.

Yeah, I can safely say never have heard the word "acclimatising." Leave it to the English to add useless syllables and letters.

English comes from England. Anything else is a deviation from the standard.

While that may be true it is still less efficient!

Two sips, nope never heard any variation of acclimatize (nor aclimatise), we use acclimate.

Or it's not dumbed down, depends which way you want to look at it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Regarding Iheanacho, we signed him ages ago and also his team mate Chidiebere Nwakali, who is also a talent. For some reason we have to wait 'til they are 18 I believe, which allegedly is October in the case of Kelachi, no idea re the other lad.

Nwakali is also a lively fucker who can play out wide & has a bit of pace. Perhaps not quite as good & as smart as Iheanacho, but I may be doing him a disservice. I haven't seen the game yet so don't know what Iheanacho did, but I watched him & Nigeria U17s pretty much every game, & he's more than just a striker. He's got a seriously dangerous Silveresque ten yard pass on him; absolutlely superb touch when he gets it right.

I said during the World Cup, that Nigeria's U17s were better than the first team & wasn't joking. Their technique & pace is incredible & their coach had them playing fantastic counter attacking football. There are more talents to come from that team & we tried to sign a 3rd lad, who's name escapes me, but I believe Spurs got him. That may be a terrible loss, because he looked fucking shit hot as well. Midfield player; brilliant.

By the way: are all you lot who took the piss out of the Zucculini signing starting to feel a bit fucking stupid now ?

A bit stupid? For suggesting a kid in his early 20s who is an unknown quantity from south America and that 100% of us have never heard of and that we bought cheap as chips would have something to prove?

Yeah...I feel totally stupid for thinking that. Dick.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Zuculini strikes me as one of those players who will excel around better pros. You can tell his confidence will rocket. His technique is great and he's a feisty sod. Has an incredibly valuable knack of finding himself in goalscoring positions too. He times his late runs perfectly. Honestly, he seems to have more oomph to his game than Rodwell has ever shown. Even Garcia to an extent... he could easily and quickly develop into a great little squad player.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 pm

twosips wrote:Zuculini strikes me as one of those players who will excel around better pros. You can tell his confidence will rocket. His technique is great and he's a feisty sod. Has an incredibly valuable knack of finding himself in goalscoring positions too. He times his late runs perfectly. Honestly, he seems to have more oomph to his game than Rodwell has ever shown. Even Garcia to an extent... he could easily and quickly develop into a great little squad player.

Garcia's oomph goes in different directions - usually in the back legs of the bloke he's marking!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum