Pellegrini not happy with the pitch at TCF Stadium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pellegrini not happy with the pitch at TCF Stadium

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:38 pm

Manuel Pellegrini has admitted he has concerns over the TFC Bank Stadium pitch ahead of tomorrow’s International Champions Cup game against Olympiacos.

A temporary grass surface has been laid over the all-weather pitch beneath but the turf is dry and patchy and not what the manager and players were expecting.

At the press conference in Minneapolis, Pellegrini said: “I think the pitch is not in a normal condition and I think it has a high risk for the players to get injured.

“I have the safety of all my players in mind regarding the possibility of injury so this will not affect my team selection. The condition also means it will be difficult to play good football.

“We played at Yankee Stadium against Liverpool and though the pitch wasn’t perfect, it was better and we had a good match. I’m sure there will be efforts to improve the pitch over the next 24 hours and I’m sure it will be watered, but there isn’t much time left.”

Pellegrini, who revealed David Silva and Samir Nasri should play a part against the Greek side tomorrow, added he is happy with the team’s overall progress during the US tour.

“I’ve been delighted with pre-season so far and I feel we have improved with each game we have played during our time in the USA,” he said.

“We have two weeks before the start of the Premier League and we are doing well. We are trying to get our team ready for the new season by giving them as many minutes on the pitch as possible as equally as we can.

“We are building towards our first game of the season and things are going really well.”

http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014 ... ni-preview
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Pellegrini not happy with the pitch at TCF Stadium

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Just a little background they are playing at the University of Minnesota (American) football stadium. It's artificial turf but for the match tomorrow they decided to lay grass over the turf. Some genius decided it would be a good idea to do this yesterday instead of earlier since we have months to get the pitch ready for this game. I have a couple of friends that were at training and the said the field is in horrible condition.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Fucking atrocious conditions and I'd be telling the lads to go at 60% max. Laying turf over a few plastic sheets is not the answer and they should've just painted the lines and played on astro if there was no other choice.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

If the pitch is shit and a cause for concern injury wise then the game should be played at walking pace.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:51 am

I don't like this at all.

I remember ex England/Wales fast bowler Simon Jones getting his foot stuck in a pitch like this chasing down the ball & he was fucked for good afterwards.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 am

Really we should refuse to play but I dare say the commercial men won't allow this. I'll be furious if we have any serious injuries.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 am

blues2win wrote:Really we should refuse to play but I dare say the commercial men won't allow this. I'll be furious if we have any serious injuries.

Nastasic last season for the very same reason.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:55 pm

blues2win wrote:Really we should refuse to play but I dare say the commercial men won't allow this. I'll be furious if we have any serious injuries.

What I'm hearing is both teams are refusing to play the game and it could be moved to Michigan. A decision will be made today. I do know we trained on it but Olympiacos refused. They actually trained at the university's women's soccer stadium (seats 1000).
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Safety first - if some dick tried laying turf a few days before the match he needs slapping with some rolled up news paper.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:36 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

What I'm hearing is both teams are refusing to play the game and it could be moved to Michigan. A decision will be made today. I do know we trained on it but Olympiacos refused. They actually trained at the university's women's soccer stadium (seats 1000).

glad they're making the decision today
....with the game being tonight
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Better than making it tomorrow.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Better than making it tomorrow.

they should play tonight and then decide not to tomorrow
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby phips » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

LvG is also complaining about the field in the Big House so I'm not sure moving it there would be any better. plus, what about all the people that bought tickets to watch it in Minnesota...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:49 pm

phips wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

LvG is also complaining about the field in the Big House so I'm not sure moving it there would be any better. plus, what about all the people that bought tickets to watch it in Minnesota...

Their issue is with the fucking moron who decided you can lay a football pitch two days before the match.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

I was half asleep when I wrote that. They have been working on the pitch since yesterday. It's just a tumor at this point that the match could be cancelled and moved.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:27 pm

phips wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

If they did cancel they would just issue refunds. I wouldn't be one of them. My ticket was included with my season ticket for our local NASL team. They play right after.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:35 pm

We may have to hang around for the Liverpool result to see whether we have to play on Monday. This tour has not been well planned. I'll be quite happy with a draw no injuries and a quick plane home so we can get everyone together for training on Monday, including Mangala I still hope!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:56 pm

What times the game start? Says 14.15 on OS GMT but presume they mean USA time.

Is it on sky sports?

Ta!!!!! X
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:19 pm

ruralblue wrote:What times the game start? Says 14.15 on OS GMT but presume they mean USA time.

Is it on sky sports?

Ta!!!!! X

sky @ 8
xx
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
ruralblue wrote:What times the game start? Says 14.15 on OS GMT but presume they mean USA time.

Is it on sky sports?

Ta!!!!! X

sky @ 8
xx

Cheers xxx
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum