Falcao

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Falcao

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:If van ghoul is half the genius people claim then he will play Rooney in midfield. With him there they may be better suited than we all think.

Cheers

All summer long people pilloried England for not playing him in his proper position, striker.
So now they are gonna shoe horn their highest earner into a position that is not his best to accommodate a new expensive striker?
When they still have such glaring deficiencies? Nice plan

May work ok when they have the ball, but when they lose it, they would be even worse than they are now. Plus Rooney will start sulking.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Fesan wrote:So its a year long loan deal to push the payment untill next season so FFP dont bite them.

Meaning they have allready spent most of their allowed FFP budged for next season allready.

Meaning they cannot strengthen any other position next summer without selling, and who do they have to sell? Noone worth mentioning.

This fucks them up big time next season unless some daft cunt pays 100m for Rooney.

Surely because they are not in Europe this seasson, now would be the best time to push through the full transfer. I was presuming that was why they are spending so much so far this season ... because it does not count towards FFP
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:If van ghoul is half the genius people claim then he will play Rooney in midfield. With him there they may be better suited than we all think.

Cheers

All summer long people pilloried England for not playing him in his proper position, striker.
So now they are gonna shoe horn their highest earner into a position that is not his best to accommodate a new expensive striker?

Do you really believe that Rooney can't play a midfield role deeper if he wants and if he trains there? He could be better there than he's ever been IMHO.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

the fiver's take on the today and the falcao deal....

ER WAR SUPERSTAR

It was early in the morning and only the very committed and very lonely were watching the rolling coverage of deadline day on Sky Sports News. Nothing was happening. Nothing. It was too early, so early that the Fiver hadn’t even thought about having its first shower since 1992, before deciding against it on the grounds that there’s always next week and people seem to enjoy that musky, oniony scent anyway. And yet there it was, chained to its desk, bleary-eyed, slowly losing the will to live as it watched some excitable, smiling, disturbingly giddy grown men and women, all of whom have the right to vote and drive, gad about a studio in excitable fashion and talk about nothing, because the rest of the country was still asleep and no transfers had happened yet. “Don’t you absolutely love this day?” Sky Sports News Man said to Sky Sports News Woman, sounding slightly sinister. “I absolutely love it!” said Sky Sports News Woman.

You had to admire their steadfast optimism, their ability to look at the world and see only rainbows and lollipops, the way they never allowed themselves to be consumed by doubt. There was a flicker, when Sky Sports News Man turned to Alan Curbishley and said “Alan Curbishley, still with us …” which appeared to be code for “Alan Curbishley … still ... with ... us … after all these years … how long is it now … honestly … he won’t go … we’ve tried … we really have … but he’s bought a place next to the studio now … I don’t think he’ll ever leave … Alan, have you thought about getting a job elsewhere … Alan … oh, forget it … Alan, what do you think Jermain Defoe would offer QPR? Alan, don’t you absolutely love this day?”
But the moment soon passed and everything was sweetness and light again on this, the most deadliney of days, and the workers were happy once more. And why not? Deadline day is, of course, a time for togetherness, conviviality and family. It is a chance for every male member on the Sky Sports News team to wear a yellow tie, presumably as a tribute to their beloved leader Jim White, leaving the Fiver to wonder if soon they will all have plastic surgery to make themselves look exactly like Jim White.

It is a chance for us all to dream about our team maybe signing Jason Puncheon on loan at 10.47pm, for us all to gorge on football’s largesse, to act first, spend loads of money on that shiny new striker you don’t really need and think about the consequences later. Or, maybe, to never think about the consequences. BECAUSE YOU ARE ED WOODWARD AND YOU ARE A NEGOTIATING MACHINE, A MACHINE, AND YOU, YES YOU, WERE THE ONE WHO NEGOTIATED A DEAL TO BRING RADAMEL FALCAO, 29 SOON AND IN POSSESSION OF A QUESTIONABLE FITNESS RECORD, TO MANCHESTER UNITED AND IT DOESN’T MATTER IF HE CAN’T PLAY CENTRE-BACK OR RIGHT-BACK OR LEFT-BACK OR CENTRAL MIDFIELD OR RIGHT WING OR CENTRAL MIDFIELD OR CENTRAL MIDFIELD BECAUSE YOU ARE ED WOODWARD AND DID ANYONE SEE DAVID GILL PULLING OFF DEALS LIKE THIS AND NOW WHO LOOKS STUPID?

Not Manchester United, that’s for sure.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Do you really believe that Rooney can't play a midfield role deeper if he wants and if he trains there? He could be better there than he's ever been IMHO.

Cheers

I used to think he could but am no longer of that opinion. He pulled his tripe out for a couple of games one season & did a good job when they were desperate but 90% of the time he is very very average in that spot, gets frustrated by it & starts kicking people.

People moaning about Yaya looking ponderous v Stoke but imo, if you put him against Rooney in there, he will tear him a new arsehole.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Injured within a fortnight.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:22 pm

He is a top signing for them, but surely they should have bought a defender or four to replace all those goons they have back there....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lovecity8utd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:44 pm

Falcao would have been quality acquisition for us. He would make any forward line stronger.

If the figure quoted is true, scum are paying way over the odds, but pissed off that ffp has allowed them to gazump us.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:47 pm

sheblue wrote:He is a top signing for them, but surely they should have bought a defender or four to replace all those goons they have back there....

Top signing with a big question mark next to him.

You have to ask... why are Monaco, a super rich club, with no need to sell, so keen to offload their 1 goal in 1.75 games super striker (It's not because of FFP btw, James going to Madrid fixed that problem)

Also why has every top club been sounded out and 99% backed off.... even Arsenal who are cash rich and in desperate need of a forward....

Certainly is puzzling...

Still i'm glad the rags have got him, it's a shit ton of cash pumped into an area that already was fine. (well done woody, sticking to the brief of strengthening everywhere but where its really needed... good lad!) and if they sell their pace strikers in Hernandez and Welbeck, they will be so one paced up front, Vinny and Mangala will barely have to jog when we play them. Lovely stuff.

Top 4 for me still is,

Chelsea, City, Arse and Liverpool.... with United.... even with Falcao a country mile behind.

Too many cooks at the Swamp, just too many cooks.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

Technically he is well suited but mentally he is a chimp. I think he has it in his head he wants to be the striker and nothing else will do for him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:03 pm

It was good while it lasted. Looks like we were never there but used as a bargaining chip to get the Rags to pay top money.

Rag Cunt!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
sheblue wrote:He is a top signing for them, but surely they should have bought a defender or four to replace all those goons they have back there....

You have to ask... why are Monaco, a super rich club, with no need to sell, so keen to offload their 1 goal in 1.75 games super striker (It's not because of FFP btw, James going to Madrid fixed that problem)

Also why has every top club been sounded out and 99% backed off.... even Arsenal who are cash rich and in desperate need of a forward....

Certainly is puzzling...

Still i'm glad the rags have got him, it's a shit ton of cash pumped into an area that already was fine. (well done woody, sticking to the brief of strengthening everywhere but where its really needed... good lad!) and if they sell their pace strikers in Hernandez and Welbeck, they will be so one paced up front, Vinny and Mangala will barely have to jog when we play them. Lovely stuff.

Top 4 for me still is,

Chelsea, City, Arse and Liverpool.... with United.... even with Falcao a country mile behind.

Not sure what their shirt costs but say it's 75 quid.
For 9 mill that is 120000 shirts from a fan base of over 600 mill ( their figures , not mine ).

Should be a doddle.

Edited. .. stupid samsung!
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 pm

zuricity wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Certainly is puzzling...

Top 4 for me still is,

.not sure what their shirt costs but say it's 75 quid.
For 9 mill it's then that is 120000 shirts from a fan base of over 600 mill ( their figures , not mine ).

Should be a doddle.

Yep.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:29 pm

350k a week if reports are to be believed

no wonder we dropped out!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:350k a week if reports are to be believed

no wonder we dropped out!

I say that accurate. Wasn't his wages tax free in Monaco? So they would have to match his nett pay.

No wonder no one else was bothered.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Cheers

The game passes by Wooney when he's in midfield, so I hope he ends up there. However, he's no longer their highest earner as Falcao will be earning over half-a-million per week if he's on the same wages at the rags as he gets at Monaco and they pay the tax (not a given, with these tax-dodging parasites).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby halnone » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:58 pm

halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lovecity8utd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:03 pm

halnone wrote:Radamel Falcao to earn £346,000 per week

That is a lot.

£250k a week for van persie and £300k per week for shrek. How much is Tia Maria on? Over £1m per week in four players. That's a massive commitment.

We are not alone in ruining football.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Cheers

you're opinion is wrong. shrek is well past his sell by date.

besides shrek will never permanently be a midfielder, he hates it and always moans/cries about doing that job.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum