Mangala

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mangala

Postby Blue2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 pm

If he is not fit enough to play for us why is he expected to play for France v Spain today?

Unless of course he was boderline for last weekend.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Re: Mangala

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Exactly that I would say. I reckon he may only play 60 minutes today, but you never know on internationals. The managers seem to play them no matter what
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Great news he 's playing. He needs game time. Fingers crossed for no injuries of course.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:16 pm

He's on the bench.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's on the bench.

That's a step up from where hes been for us this past month.

Am beginning to think hes the modern day Matias Vuoso.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:He's on the bench.

That's a step up from where hes been for us this past month.

Am beginning to think hes the modern day Matias Vuoso.

for france we are talking about, right?

which is where he's already been, no?

debuchy -- who is older, more of a finished product/experienced -- starts and he does not.

we got him in part for his potential, right?

i am not worried at this point about this. he will get game time, and pellegrini says he has to work for his place, which sounds good to me.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:33 am

But that was a hell of a lot of money to splash out on potential and I think that's the nub of the issue
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:00 am

We could always pay 18 mil for another Savic, or Nastasic instead.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 am

Three games in and people are panicking that he's not played yet?

Pellers has told us that he'll have to play his way in and during those performances prove he is worthy of his spot. Vinnie and Demi have formed a very good partnership but both will need to be rested at times. That's where Manny will have to step-up to the plate and prove he is worthy of the jersey.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him soon and will become more of a regular in the 1st team. He is young though and has to be introduced to the league properly as I personally don't want him just thrown in without any thought for how he adapts. I'm fairly sure this is where we are at.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:11 am

Which leg has he broken? I think the timing of his inclusion is important as the moment he steps on to the pitch alongside Kompany means the end of Demichellis being our first choice central defender. Pellegrini will want to do this only when he feels it is necessary.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:49 am

No matter how good you are, the Prem is a muggers alley. A couple of mistakes by an inexperienced cb, & we are almost out of the title race. We have to be very careful how we introduce this bloke, if we throw him in like Demi last season & especially Nastasic previously, we are taking a big risk. We need Vinny 100% & he goes off the boil if his partner is dodgy.

I will always remain convinced that Mancini cost us the league by breaking up the VK & Lescott partnership, not just because Lescott wasn't there, but because others had to look after Nasti & VK lost form too. It coincided with the rags going on a run, but they were under no pressure due to us not getting our shit together. It almost cost us the title playing Savic in the previous season, & Demi almost cost us last season.

Chelsea could easily run away if we don't keep pushing them. They have goals in them but will crack under pressure imo. We can't afford to slip to far behind.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Dunnylad wrote:But that was a hell of a lot of money to splash out on potential and I think that's the nub of the issue

from what i understand that's part of the reason he cost so much.

benatia cost €26 million and he is 3 years older than mangala, who i believe is considered a better prospect.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:03 am

He probably played himself out of any January move to Inter last night. I know he's had no game time but that display was appalling and his odious agent Mendes there to witness it first hand apparently.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:17 am

Did you really think he was appalling. I thought he looked like a player who has played very few games. He was clearly fouled twice when they got in on goal. But no free kick and that wasn't his fault.
Yes he made mistakes last night due to rustyness but no more than the other outfield players I would have thought.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am

sheblue wrote:Did you really think he was appalling. I thought he looked like a player who has played very few games. He was clearly fouled twice when they got in on goal. But no free kick and that wasn't his fault.
Yes he made mistakes last night due to rustyness but no more than the other outfield players I would have thought.

The only mistake I saw was the needless foul he conceded on the edge of our box.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:Did you really think he was appalling. I thought he looked like a player who has played very few games. He was clearly fouled twice when they got in on goal. But no free kick and that wasn't his fault.

The only mistake I saw was the needless foul he conceded on the edge of our box.

You didn't see the 3 or 4 passes straight to their player to put us on the back ropes? and you didn't see him getting skinned 2 times for their one on ones with our keeper ? Hes a big lad and he was legally shoulder barged form the ball for another one on one with our keeper that had me spitting feathers.

Hes a fuckign muppet mate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

You didn't see the 3 or 4 passes straight to their player to put us on the back ropes? and you didn't see him getting skinned 2 times for their one on ones with our keeper ? Hes a big lad and he was legally shoulder barged form the ball for another one on one with our keeper that had me spitting feathers.

Hes a fuckign muppet mate.

He was fouled for them one on ones, they were pushes in the back. Did see a few loose passes, no worse than anyone else really.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:53 am

For someone of his physique he got bullied off the ball easier than Zinchenko (who is a slip of a lad and only 20 years old) - I'd say it was pretty appalling last night and we were very lucky it didn't cost us, fouls or not (thanks again Bravo).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

He is utter crap. People will stay be saying he needs to develop when he retires. We had binned him off but he refused the transfer in the summer.

Sure he was pushed over on the 2nd one, but what is he doing? Why is he trying to hold/shield the ball instead of knocking it to Bravo, sideways or into orbit? You are just opening yourself up when there is some great lump behind you trying to get the ball.

May suit West Brom, not City
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Dameerto wrote:For someone of his physique he got bullied off the ball easier than Zinchenko (who is a slip of a lad and only 20 years old) - I'd say it was pretty appalling last night and we were very lucky it didn't cost us, fouls or not (thanks again Bravo).

It's difficult to understand how folk think he emerged with any credit from the game, most of the time he only had a lone second string teenage front runner to mark and he just failed consistently to do it.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum