Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am

sheikh it all about wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: Well if I'm not wrong, Ed would be entering the last year of his contract, so he would be free to talk to other clubs at Christmas, & negotiate his own deal. Therefore both Dzeko & City would have to make a decision, this summer, on what happens next. If we offered him a new deal, he would want decent money & we would likely have to commit to paying him for another 4 years or so including next season. During that time, his transfer value would drop to almost zero due to his age (28 now). Sell him now & it's a decent fee. I would imagine that the only possible way he could stay at City, would be at a reduced wage, & he would most likely not accept that.

Or we could re-sign him and sell for a decent price at a time that suits. It's not really a 4 or 5-year commitment in practice.

Kun is missing lots of games while Jovetic remains the mystery man. The Beast has suffered a slump in form. Until the wider situation becomes clearer, or until we have an ideal replacement in our sights, we could certainly use Edin.

It is a 4-5 year commitment, because we would have to pay off his contract when we sold him, thus, instead of paying one year & receiving say £16 mil, we would be selling for say £10 mil, & owe him 3 years wages, at £150k per week, which would be 23 million quid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:57 am

I think he is going back to Germany and 28 is not that old at list three good season in him especially because he rearly is injured. I vote for selling if we can take at list 12 to 15 mill. anything lower would be stupid .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:19 pm

I must ask u guys something and please do not give me a hard time its genuine question about Edin ,Reading a bit on that forum Bluemoon . Now problem with Edin is that he has no sense for positioning something like this post

"Imagine if he took up the positions that Frank does. It was so bizarre seeing Lampard positioned where I always thought Dzeko should be. Especially on the first goal where he scored after running right in front of the keeper. At times he was so far behind the counter that Milner was much farther forward than he was.

Edin would bag 35 a season if he had the positional sense of Lampard." and many others like that . So now i don't"

On this page there is like 10000 page about Edin is he suck or is it good , people are funny with this Ed shit . When he was just banging goals , that is all he do.... he must be involved more.... when he start to play and hes having a great start of season keeping the ball ,wait for players passing around ,stronger , faster , sometime keep two players on back won big % headers. Now hes running ,fighting, playing wider ,playing deeper, better pass ,better control , Pulling defender , making space like for Silva goal( Newcastle game ), and Lampard would not have space last night in first goal if Edin is always there -and now, ohhh let him just score goals . People some of them don't like Ed no matter what he do , some love him to much , but hes class ,he prove it ,and hes better and better for team . My question for you Edin now better player or not?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:I must ask u guys something and please do not give me a hard time its genuine question about Edin ,Reading a bit on that forum Bluemoon . Now problem with Edin is that he has no sense for positioning something like this post

"Imagine if he took up the positions that Frank does. It was so bizarre seeing Lampard positioned where I always thought Dzeko should be. Especially on the first goal where he scored after running right in front of the keeper. At times he was so far behind the counter that Milner was much farther forward than he was.

Edin would bag 35 a season if he had the positional sense of Lampard." and many others like that . So now i don't"

On this page there is like 10000 page about Edin is he suck or is it good , people are funny with this Ed shit . When he was just banging goals , that is all he do.... he must be involved more.... when he start to play and hes having a great start of season keeping the ball ,wait for players passing around ,stronger , faster , sometime keep two players on back won big % headers. Now hes running ,fighting, playing wider ,playing deeper, better pass ,better control , Pulling defender , making space like for Silva goal( Newcastle game ), and Lampard would not have space last night in first goal if Edin is always there -and now, ohhh let him just score goals . People some of them don't like Ed no matter what he do , some love him to much , but hes class ,he prove it ,and hes better and better for team . My question for you Edin now better player or not?

i try to stay humble but...i believe i was the first to call him dzonkey (no, i am not a very high achiever). let's face it, he was often complete shit under mancini. and he didn't appear to give a shit about the fact that he was shit. drove me fucking mental! now? yes, i would say he is a far better/more complete player than he was when he arrived. still has his dzonkey moments but every player does, i suppose?

p.s. welcome back, paulus! i have missed these rants of yours!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:I must ask u guys something and please do not give me a hard time its genuine question about Edin ,Reading a bit on that forum Bluemoon . Now problem with Edin is that he has no sense for positioning something like this post

Don't worry Edin is our most reliable striker, he 's going nowhere
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby roblues » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:32 pm

I honestly think he is in his best ever run of form. He was everywhere at Newcastle, gave us a target to aim at for pressure relief against Munich and is generally linking up better with everyone else. I am also warming to the idea of him being on the ball outside of the area as he is giving it away far less these days.

There is still a small section of fans that can't snap out of their bias against him - this manifests itself in the exasperated sighs whenever he does something wrong - but I think he is a crucial part of the squad that is irreplaceable for the money we would get back for him.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:47 pm

The performances of all players are reviewed on here & on other City sites. Dzeko has vastly improved his overall effort for the team but he can still improve further, as can everyone. Dzeko is doing very well & so he should if he's going to play for City. they all should.

Lampard has been taking up better positions to score in the short time he has been at City though imo. It's not necessarily true that Dzeko would have been in position to score the first goal had Lampard not been there. Dezeko often neglects the near post, as does Aguero. I never understand why, as when they do go in there, they often score. Negredo & Jovetic are better in that area.

And if Dzeko had gone near post. you can bet Lampard would have found an equally dangerous area to position himself & make it easy to find him.

For all his rustiness, Lampard did that at Arsenal too, but nobody passed to him or he probably would have scored there. It's quite an art he has when you see it up close & imo he is smarter positionally than any of our strikers. That doesn't mean he will score more, because they are strikers & he isn't.

But he's fucking clever in that area. If Dzeko was as smart, he'd probably get 50 goals, as would Aguero.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:02 pm

In the Arsenal game there was a moment when Lamps was around 12/15 yards out and I think it was Aguero that was looking to lay the ball back to him and it ws only a last ditch interception from Debuchy that stopped a certain goal. A master at this
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:38 am

hopefully these 2 goals will get Dzeko in form and give him some confidence. we desperately need his goals.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:27 am

A big part of the reason there is space for Lampard to move into is Dzeko's runs making that space.

I think he is overall a better player now than the one we signed. I do still think he has confidence issues at times though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:26 am

He's like a new signing this season. His work rate, his attention to ball control and his general ball play are a joy to watch.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

He was pretty fucking awesome last season dazby, didn't he score something like 9 in the last 11 games of the season?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:43 am

lampard has a football brain
dzeko, like all too many players these days, doesn't
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:56 am

He even dribbles without losing the ball most of the times. I mean, who'da thought it two or three years ago? Plus he protects the ball much better now and if my memory doesn't fail me, he was not a target player at all when he first came here. A lot of development from his side.

Him, Milner and Zabaleta have all gone from being players who are good at a few things to players who are skilled in almost every department of their game.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby ruralblue » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:04 am

Improved massively under Pellegrini and seems to have more confidence. There are syill times though where it seems he lacks a little confidence but that will improve with run of games.

Fingers crossed now he's off to a start with the goals they will start flying in.

Fustrayed the hell out of me at times but I shout at him much less these days.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:29 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:A big part of the reason there is space for Lampard to move into is Dzeko's runs making that space.

I think he is overall a better player now than the one we signed. I do still think he has confidence issues at times though.

I agree with this and not Ted i just ask is he better now like player , because there now is the problem because hes not up there all the time i think all what hes doing now drop deeper , going wider is all Peller's plan to make space ,pull defenders and it s hard for our strikers u got give them credit . When Chelsea park the bus u know that whole season they scoring in box full of players and for example Bony have more open field or some other strikers , and Dzeko had bad positioning is funny to me , that is one thing hes best at . I have problem that our wingers can hit him in head from few yards away when they cross Kolarov only can( we really stink at that). Silva corners are crazy bad , how much corners we had with Chelsea look it again, if u watch a game not one produce a chance . Yap and please can u drop that Dzeko thing i m asking question . I think i m long enough here to prove it s not about Edin , all other Bosnians left i think. Just to add here with Mangala ,Komps and Fernando we will have best defense in league . I was for buyin Benatia but man i was wrong , hes the real beast- Nickname The real Beast
Cit.revenge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:57 am

He's practically perfect in every way.

Some may say the Mary Poppins of strikers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am

Slim wrote:He was pretty fucking awesome last season dazby, didn't he score something like 9 in the last 11 games of the season?

His goal scoring has never been in question. It's the other stuff that earnt him the nickname that I'm not going to dignify. That's the part of his game that's gone up a couple of notches.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:He even dribbles without losing the ball most of the times. I mean, who'da thought it two or three years ago? Plus he protects the ball much better now and if my memory doesn't fail me, he was not a target player at all when he first came here. A lot of development from his side.

Him, Milner and Zabaleta have all gone from being players who are good at a few things to players who are skilled in almost every department of their game.

Absolutely.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:10 pm

dazby wrote:
Slim wrote:He was pretty fucking awesome last season dazby, didn't he score something like 9 in the last 11 games of the season?

His goal scoring has never been in question. It's the other stuff that earnt him the nickname that I'm not going to dignify. That's the part of his game that's gone up a couple of notches.

I dunno, I was screaming at him to run at the near post for two seasons and he was doing that a lot, getting good value from it as well.

And it's Dzonkey, all because of his first touch, which at times still appears poor. Good nickname though, better than fucking SuperJaw, jesus what 3yo came up with that piece of shit?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum