***wba v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***wba v city official match thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:59 am

orange ball time?
wintery precip forecast this afternoon in the midlands which may affect our passing game
wrap up warm if you're going
come on city
fuck these cunts up
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: ***wba v city official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:12 am

Nice and early I see NT ;-)

Looking at our previous stats and current form then I'd say this should be a win to us but I always seem to have bad memories of Brom away. My head says fairly comfortable 3-0 win but my heart says this could be a banana skin.

Come On City!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:17 am

I'm nervous about today. Snow won't help us one bit, and I have a feeling Lescott will play out of his skin.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:43 am

mr_nool wrote:I'm nervous about today. Snow won't help us one bit, and I have a feeling Lescott will play out of his skin.

I'm expecting Lescott to struggle today IF City keep their act together like vs Palace. Even if he does play a blinder, the blokes around him have looked pretty disasterous from what I've seen, & the manager appears to be out of his depth.

All of them have one game per season in them of course. We can hope it's not today.

Whatever, snow point in worrying about it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:49 am

What's this 'Snow' everybody is talking about; has it been snowing in Brom?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:53 am

It'll be the usual Boxing day bollocking for me from my Mother..... "We've come all this way on boxing day and you sit there warching bloody football! "

Come on City! Same line up as last weekend please. Confuse the fuck put of them and get some goals banged in. Lampard hat trick to celebrate him staying longer!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:53 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What's this 'Snow' everybody is talking about; has it been snowing in Brom?

Beefy , you're not exactly Sherlock Holmes, are you?

Nigels Tackle wrote:orange ball time?
wintery precip forecast this afternoon in the midlands which may affect our passing game
wrap up warm if you're going
come on city
fuck these cunts up

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:56 am

Previous scores since Brom's return to the Prem:

13/14 Brom 2 v 3 City
12/13 Brom 1 v 2 City
11/12 Brom 0 v 0 City
10/11 Brom 0 v 2 City

We did lose to them in the Carling Cup though in 10/11.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I'm nervous about today. Snow won't help us one bit, and I have a feeling Lescott will play out of his skin.

I'm expecting Lescott to struggle today IF City keep their act together like vs Palace. Even if he does play a blinder, the blokes around him have looked pretty disasterous from what I've seen, & the manager appears to be out of his depth.

All of them have one game per season in them of course. We can hope it's not today.

Lol come on Ted, you've defended lescott as a class defender religiously since he left.

Now you're making excuses for his poor play before we've even played them.

Covering your arse nice and early eh ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:07 am

Mark Clattenburg for this one. Last couple of games were Arsenal away (2-2) and the Dippers last year where I thought was one of the most one sided refereeing performances of the last couple of seasons (lost 3-2).

Our record with him over the last 2 seasons has been D-W-L, in that order. Let's hope the sequence continues, at least until the next game he officiates us.

The last time he did this game we won 2-1. However, he did send Milner off in the 23rd minute.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Lol come on Ted, you've defended lescott as a class defender religiously since he left.

Now you're making excuses for his poor play before we've even played them.

Covering your arse nice and early eh ;)

I don't think he's played particularly well for WBA, although significantly better than the rest of their defence. They seem very poorly organised most of the time & he seems to be randomly running about trying to put out fires.

Now I've said that, they'll play like Juventus from the '70s.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:02 am

I am getting a poor read on today's game, but I have punted on 3-1 City.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:09 am

Slim wrote:I am getting a poor read on today's game, but I have punted on 3-1 City.

I've gone for 3-0 but it could easily be 2-1 looking at previous. We are on a crest of a wave though and I'm hoping that plays on the Baggies minds.

One thing though, I'll be keeping an eye on the ref.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:I am getting a poor read on today's game, but I have punted on 3-1 City.

I've gone for 3-0 but it could easily be 2-1 looking at previous. We are on a crest of a wave though and I'm hoping that plays on the Baggies minds.

One thing though, I'll be keeping an eye on the ref.

I was thinking 2-1, but WBA are a bit shit at the back and I think we've got 3 goals in us against them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:34 am

You can tell we're coming up in the world with the level of reporting we're getting. We started with Cheshire Today and looking this morning, we're now getting previews from the illustrious publications as the Gloucestershire Echo, Gloucester Citizen and the Stroud Life.

I feel so proud.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mark Clattenburg for this one. Last couple of games were Arsenal away (2-2) and the Dippers last year where I thought was one of the most one sided refereeing performances of the last couple of seasons (lost 3-2).

Our record with him over the last 2 seasons has been D-W-L, in that order. Let's hope the sequence continues, at least until the next game he officiates us.

The last time he did this game we won 2-1. However, he did send Milner off in the 23rd minute.

Don't bother singling out Clattenburg, Beefy, their all shite/bent.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Come on City . Working all Christmas so wont see the game . But. Refresh tab on the phone will be getting some stick :) . Same patience as the other day should see us through this one . City to win 1-0 maybe 2-0 come on U BLUES
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:52 pm

We beat them when there was far better with 10 players so with no crap we will take 3 points . Think this is the time Chelsea will drop more points in next 4 games so we must be focused . Shame Aguero is out , he was on roll .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Here a Lick, there a Lick, everywhere a Lick, Lick, Lick.

(I'm going to focus on him like a fucking sniper today and Ill have my keyboard right in front of my twitching fingers in anticipation )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Here a Lick, there a Lick, everywhere a Lick, Lick, Lick.

(I'm going to focus on him like a fucking sniper today and Ill have my keyboard right in front of my twitching fingers in anticipation )

Don't forget Joe Hart ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum