FIFA scandal grows

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA scandal grows

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 am

If they've now been found guilty and banned from football, surely we will now see legal action from the authorities?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 am

blues-clues wrote:Blatter and Platini banned from all football related activities for 8 years. So they are being lined up as management dream team at Manchester United.

TEE HEE
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:58 am

There has to be action for the whole FFP bullshit. Those cunts took money from our club in the name of fair play and then split it out amongst themselves and other clubs. With no other objective than to stop us reaching the level we are supposed to be at.

Lock them both up.
Original Dub

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:If they've now been found guilty and banned from football, surely we will now see legal action from the authorities?

One would certainly hope so ; minimum ten years inside, plus confiscation of assets etc.
I want to see them both broken and broke
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:49 am

sepp's dishelved appearance in his press conference is quite incredible. the plaster on his cheek is priceless. he really is an uber cunt.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:51 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:sepp's dishelved appearance in his press conference is quite incredible. the plaster on his cheek is priceless. he really is an uber cunt.

Maybe he's a fan of Nelly?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:sepp's dishelved appearance in his press conference is quite incredible. the plaster on his cheek is priceless. he really is an uber cunt.

Maybe he's a fan of Nelly?

Made me LOL

I can tell believe his press conference. He still thinks he is president and he is still saying he did nothing wrong and that the panel SHOULD acknowledge gentleman's agreements. He is Barking mad and he should be jailed, never mind banned.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Bernstein interviewed by BBC after Blatter's press conference.... in particular the last sentence says it all very nicely

Former FA Chairman David Bernstein has been talking to BBC Radio 5 live, giving his opinion on the eight-year bans handed to Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini - and specifically Blatter's earlier news conference. And what he says is pretty damning.

“He knows all the tricks doesn't he," says Bernstein.

"He’s a real performer and a real fighter but at the end of the day he’s either one of the world’s greatest cynics or he’s in some sort of denial. Perhaps a bit of both.

"As always a master of confusion…..he throws so many things into it, some of them may be partly valid I don’t know, but it’s quite a performance.

"He’s a drowning man really, there’s no coming back from this. He will fight but he is doomed. He is yesterday’s man.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Obviously the internal investigation doesn’t have the same legal burden of proof as a court of law, but it would seem almost certain now that this payment not having been referenced in the accounts is some attempt at concealing the payment and therefore FIFA would be within their rights to sue at least Blatter in the civil courts to get the money back as it appears to be stolen or (at the very least misappropriated funds).

The unfortunate thing in all this saga is that the authority to make the payment is the item on the agenda, rather than the genuine purpose of the payment. If they both stick to their story, and there is no finance person who can provide evidence on the nature of the payment, unfortunately it would seem that there is little case against the pair of them for corruption.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Strange how Platini has not been told to pay the money back and got a mere slap on the hand with a 54k fine.

These fuckers have been getting away with it for years, basically running it like their own personal Gentleman's Club. Blatter obviously made the rules and cannot see anything wrong with what he has done, meaning that what has been happening is normal to those in the club. He even wants to go and handover his presidency in February, as if he still holds it!

The sooner the whole structure is changed, the better. Just how long will that take though?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Strange how Platini has not been told to pay the money back and got a mere slap on the hand with a 54k fine.

These fuckers have been getting away with it for years, basically running it like their own personal Gentleman's Club. Blatter obviously made the rules and cannot see anything wrong with what he has done, meaning that what has been happening is normal to those in the club. He even wants to go and handover his presidency in February, as if he still holds it!

The sooner the whole structure is changed, the better. Just how long will that take though?

It's an interesting aspect of the case that unless it can be proven that Platini did something else than work in 1998-2002 in return for this money, Platini isn't technically the guilty party here. We all know it stinks, but unless there is evidence to the contrary, it's only Blatter who appears to be in breach of his responsibilities as custodian of FIFA.

Platini's ban suggests that there may be more to this case than has reached the public domain yet, as I find it hard to think that you can take away a person's livelihood for 8 years without any concrete evidence that he actually did anything wrong
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Strange how Platini has not been told to pay the money back and got a mere slap on the hand with a 54k fine.

It's an interesting aspect of the case that unless it can be proven that Platini did something else than work in 1998-2002 in return for this money, Platini isn't technically the guilty party here. We all know it stinks, but unless there is evidence to the contrary, it's only Blatter who appears to be in breach of his responsibilities as custodian of FIFA.

Platini's ban suggests that there may be more to this case than has reached the public domain yet, as I find it hard to think that you can take away a person's livelihood for 8 years without any concrete evidence that he actually did anything wrong

Exactly mate, it's all a bit confusing at the moment and until fully disclosed we can only make assumptions.

Like you, I think there's something still going on behind the scenes otherwise they wouldn't have been able to ban Platini, knowing he'd get it overturned at CAS.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Today is a good day, a VERY good day, I've waited an awfully long time for it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Platini was done for taking backhanders from the rags, red scouse, Real, Milan, and all the rest of the 'istree establishment in exchange for rigging FFP.
Just imagine.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Great news.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:56 pm

patrickblue wrote:Wouldn't it be wonderful if Platini was done for taking backhanders from the rags, red scouse, Real, Milan, and all the rest of the 'istree establishment in exchange for rigging FFP.
Just imagine.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill was involved in passing backhanders to the French twat!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:26 pm

FIFA have banned Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid from signing players in next 2 transfer windows due to illegal transfer activities.

Lol
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

They relate to the transfer of under 18's (same offence that Barca has served a ban for breaching) and it will start with the Summer window plus the winter window.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:They relate to the transfer of under 18's (same offence that Barca has served a ban for breaching) and it will start with the Summer window plus the winter window.

So, like barcelona, they can buy players and just not register them?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:They relate to the transfer of under 18's (same offence that Barca has served a ban for breaching) and it will start with the Summer window plus the winter window.

So, like barcelona, they can buy players and just not register them?

I'm assuming it will be the same punishment - a ban on registration. Both clubs are appealing the decision.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum