sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby bigblue » Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:So now being selected in these teams matters? But whenever Aguero isn't selected, everyone claims the people selecting the teams are clueless wankers? Can't have it both ways

a broken clock is right twice a day
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Funny how people keep bringing up him being selected for the chumps league team of the group stages. As if that proves anything. Aguero has never been nominated for player of the year!

It proves he hasn't been shit all season like some are suggesting. If he was he wouldn't even be considered for selection in the XI.

http://youtu.be/ArxkJBNCLMo

So now being selected in these teams matters? But whenever Aguero isn't selected, everyone claims the people selecting the teams are clueless wankers? Can't have it both ways

You're missing the point, these XIs aren't the be all and end all but to be even in the reckoning you need to have made a good impact so the fact that he's in there shows he hasn't been shit all season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Mon May 02, 2016 7:28 pm

bigblue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:So now being selected in these teams matters? But whenever Aguero isn't selected, everyone claims the people selecting the teams are clueless wankers? Can't have it both ways

a broken clock is right twice a day

not necessarily.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 am

Sister of fu wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Pellers hung the kid out to dry an Anfield by hooking him at half time and he never looked the same since. He is probably a kid that needs an arm around his shoulder not hooking at the ground where he just left under a huge dark cloud.

What sums city players up for me was that tackle by Flannagan on Sterling. If that happend while I was playing someone would have gone and done the same back and some more and made it clear that you didn't fuck with our players. Nah they all just ignore it and carry on walking around. Zero togetherness in this squad at present.

There has been fleeting moments from him and I can see a player in there but Pellers has zero idea how to help and support him. Shocking management IMO. I am hopeful Pep will get an arm around his shoulder and coax that player out of him that terrorised us a couple of years ago.

This 100%
Pisses me off when no one sticks up for their own team mates. If we were playing the rags and Shrek went in hard on someone like Sterling, Hart would probably run over and put an arm armed around the twat and they'd have a laugh about it. Knocks me sick! I've said it before but we need someone like Keane that will give it out. We haven't had someone like that for a long time.

I think footballers in general now are far to pally with one another. Tunnel cam drives me mad with all the gangster type bro hugging shite that goes on. Your meant to be going to war against that twat in an hour.

We hated Keane and Gary Neville but you no what I would take their mentality over most of our current players any day of the week. Yeah Keane went over the line but I would rather stand shoulder shoulder with someone like him than Joe Hart who is everyone's best mate. Keane would have tore stripes off 90% of our players yesterday.

Mentioned this in another thread. Regarding the second string and how if a youngster gets roughed up then the senior pros should be the ones to exact retribution. Funnily enough Keane was the first name mentioned, with the likes of Vieira and Terry. For the 90 minutes on the pitch it's us v them and nothing and I mean nothing should come between that

This has gone from football nowadays both on and off the pitch. It's got very tame. I'm not asking for dirty challenges or fans fighting on the terraces, I'm just asking for a bit of needle.

We have the type of player in jack Byrne who is doing excellent on his loan spell and is getting rave reviews. He has an edge to his game and is very like NDJ but has goal scoring in his artillery too.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 am

Cambuur have been absolutely dire this season, though and will be relegated. I'd be very worried of he didn't stand out in that team.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 03, 2016 10:28 am

mr_nool wrote:Cambuur have been absolutely dire this season, though and will be relegated. I'd be very worried of he didn't stand out in that team.

He can only do his best every week. A decision will need to be made with Byrne this summer. Very similar to Jacob Davenport who has been excellent for the U18s but davenport is a little bit more defensive I would say.
Wonderwall

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 am

In Blue Tuesday last night, Peter Barnes and others discussed Sterling collecting his medal then heading straight down the tunnel when we won the league cup whilst the other players celebrated. I didn't notice at the time. Barnes seemed to think it showed a lack of confidence?? Anyone else notice or have an explanation?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 am

He better freeking show up tonight, Time to show that class
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 am

South Stand Balti wrote:In Blue Tuesday last night, Peter Barnes and others discussed Sterling collecting his medal then heading straight down the tunnel when we won the league cup whilst the other players celebrated. I didn't notice at the time. Barnes seemed to think it showed a lack of confidence?? Anyone else notice or have an explanation?

I'm really struggling to figure out how someone could connect that with a lack of confidence. Seems like a huge stretch

Did Mourinho show a lack of confidence when he walked off the field after winning the CL with Porto? Of course not.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed May 04, 2016 12:02 pm

bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:In Blue Tuesday last night, Peter Barnes and others discussed Sterling collecting his medal then heading straight down the tunnel when we won the league cup whilst the other players celebrated. I didn't notice at the time. Barnes seemed to think it showed a lack of confidence?? Anyone else notice or have an explanation?

I'm really struggling to figure out how someone could connect that with a lack of confidence. Seems like a huge stretch

Did Mourinho show a lack of confidence when he walked off the field after winning the CL with Porto? Of course not.

That's what I thought
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 10:11 am

Can anyone explain why Vazquez didn't get a red card for that disgusting challenge on Sterling? He's lucky his ankle didn't snap.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 05, 2016 10:17 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can anyone explain why Vazquez didn't get a red card for that disgusting challenge on Sterling? He's lucky his ankle didn't snap.

Shit ref. How did tranny get away with netball. That could have been a red too
Wonderwall

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 10:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can anyone explain why Vazquez didn't get a red card for that disgusting challenge on Sterling? He's lucky his ankle didn't snap.

I think he gave him the benefit of the doubt because the flag was up.

It's funny I can't find a replay of that tackle anywhere, it's been removed from a couple of sites.

I can find replays of most other things from last night but not that assault.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 05, 2016 10:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Did not have the balls to do that.

Refs are becoming more and more pathetic each day. I cannot name one really good ref in the world right now.

PS:

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 05, 2016 1:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Did not have the balls to do that.

Refs are becoming more and more pathetic each day. I cannot name one really good ref in the world right now.

PS:

Shocking tackle but i dont think the ref had the best angle for it, only when i seen replay did i realise it was so bad, i thought the referee was decent last night in comparison to what we could of had.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Funny how people keep bringing up him being selected for the chumps league team of the group stages. As if that proves anything. Aguero has never been nominated for player of the year!

It proves he hasn't been shit all season like some are suggesting. If he was he wouldn't even be considered for selection in the XI.

http://youtu.be/ArxkJBNCLMo

So now being selected in these teams matters? But whenever Aguero isn't selected, everyone claims the people selecting the teams are clueless wankers? Can't have it both ways

Poor analogy here mate that does not prove anything regarding your point.

Aguero clearly has not been selected to the PFA because the voting takes place before we see the full scope of his performance during a season. It is because he has been consistently injured for portions of the season, or out of form recovering from injury all whlist voting is occurring and recollection of the best players cannot be him, and therefore unlikely to be because of some grand conspiracy against him/City. The last few seasons he has comes on strong late in the season, but voting has already happened so he is left out.

Sterling was voted for the CL group team because of his performances in that phase, which was deserved. End of story.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Horrific. I thought it was on his shin, and thought that could have been broken.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Horrific. I thought it was on his shin, and thought that could have been broken.

When you rely on a ref with a poor position to consider a red card against Madrid in their home stadium in a CL semi final then you're really grasping at straws. That would never happen.

We were shit and deserved to lose.

Sterling did more in 20 mins than Aguero in 90.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

When you rely on a ref with a poor position to consider a red card against Madrid in their home stadium in a CL semi final then you're really grasping at straws. That would never happen.

Cheers

Who's relying on a ref? Just questioning an incident within the game, that's fair is it not?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Thu May 05, 2016 3:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Cheers

Who's relying on a ref? Just questioning an incident within the game, that's fair is it not?

It was a horrific tackle. But in all honesty I didn't think it was as bad at first glance (which is all the ref had).

It was only when watching the replay that I realised how bad it was.

I think the ref made an honest decision at the time, but probably would have thought differently if he had the benefit of a replay.
aaron bond

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum