Denis Suarez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Denis Suarez

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 05, 2016 1:13 pm

After the doom and gloom of last night a really good interview with Suarez here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... opa-league

He counts as homegrown, would love to see him back as i mentioned in a different thread.....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Denis Suarez

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Hope he scores a hatrick tonight.

As per usual, the most vocal cunts on social media after our loss was the fucking bin dippers.
When they go out tonight, I'm gonna fucking nail them.
Original Dub

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:Hope he scores a hatrick tonight.

As per usual, the most vocal cunts on social media after our loss was the fucking bin dippers.
When they go out tonight, I'm gonna fucking nail them.

Yep absolutely, they have come crawling out of the woodwork.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 1:18 pm

"What did Pellegrini say? “To stay,” "

Interesting.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"What did Pellegrini say? “To stay,” "

Interesting.

Least his brother in law to be is a blue! He will be back at barca next season getting games......one of our homegrown players at Barcelona while we throw truckloads at grabage homegrown players here....couldnt make it up!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 am

Barcelona will bring Villarreal midfielder Denis Suarez back to the Nou Camp in the summer for just £2.5million, according to Catalan newspaper Sport.

The 22-year-old has been one of the top young players in La Liga this season after joining The Yellow Submarine in the summer, but Luis Enrique will exercise a buy-back clause to bring him to Barcelona for a bargain price.

Suarez was signed by Barca at the end of an unsuccessful spell at Manchester City, but despite impressing in the 'B' team and on a loan spell at Sevilla he was allowed to leave to Villarreal.

I have a huge feeling we fucked up big time.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wooders » Thu May 12, 2016 11:53 am

PeterParker wrote:Barcelona will bring Villarreal midfielder Denis Suarez back to the Nou Camp in the summer for just £2.5million, according to Catalan newspaper Sport.

The 22-year-old has been one of the top young players in La Liga this season after joining The Yellow Submarine in the summer, but Luis Enrique will exercise a buy-back clause to bring him to Barcelona for a bargain price.

Suarez was signed by Barca at the end of an unsuccessful spell at Manchester City, but despite impressing in the 'B' team and on a loan spell at Sevilla he was allowed to leave to Villarreal.

Our pogba potentially
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu May 12, 2016 11:54 am

He wanted to go ffs! It's the same as when fans say 'I can't believe we let de Jong go' HE WOULDN'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT! We can't blame City for people that want to leave the club!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Thu May 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Mase wrote:He wanted to go ffs! It's the same as when fans say 'I can't believe we let de Jong go' HE WOULDN'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT! We can't blame City for people that want to leave the club!

How's someone wanting to leave not the clubs fault though?

I mean it is possible he just wanted to leave despite loving it at the club but its not very likely
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu May 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Wooders wrote:
Mase wrote:He wanted to go ffs! It's the same as when fans say 'I can't believe we let de Jong go' HE WOULDN'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT! We can't blame City for people that want to leave the club!

I mean it is possible he just wanted to leave despite loving it at the club but its not very likely

Ronaldo. The end.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 12, 2016 3:43 pm

At the time he left he was nowhere near ready for the first team. One assumes the guys in charge have to make decisions on probably 10/15 players every year as to whether we keep them, give them an extended contract, send them on loan or sell/release them. A lad of 19/20 who hasn't yet got into match day squads or in the first team is in a difficult position. We have to remember there may be a couple of lads in the younger age groups who are knocking on the door but then get held back because of a 20/21 year old who we have kept around because we think he "might make it".

The reality is most players won't actually make it with us so getting a transfer fee and freeing up the space for the 15/16 or 16/17 or 17/18 year olds to try to make their mark makes sense. Suarez was probably in that position. For us to then get a couple of million for him is good business. Yes, there will be instances of us letting a player go who then goes onto better things but that has always been the case. Some lads are later developers and we can't keep them all or it might be someone behind him in the queue who then leaves due to lack of chances who goes onto better things.

We will likely have this situation with Patrick Roberts and Brandon Barker before too long. Denayer and some of the other lads already out on loan as well. Lopez who we have sold to Monaco for nearly £9m has hardly pulled up any trees in Ligue 1. Should we have kept him also, just in case? No is the short answer, as it was when discussing the future of Suarez three years ago
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 12, 2016 7:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:At the time he left he was nowhere near ready for the first team. One assumes the guys in charge have to make decisions on probably 10/15 players every year as to whether we keep them, give them an extended contract, send them on loan or sell/release them. A lad of 19/20 who hasn't yet got into match day squads or in the first team is in a difficult position. We have to remember there may be a couple of lads in the younger age groups who are knocking on the door but then get held back because of a 20/21 year old who we have kept around because we think he "might make it".

The reality is most players won't actually make it with us so getting a transfer fee and freeing up the space for the 15/16 or 16/17 or 17/18 year olds to try to make their mark makes sense. Suarez was probably in that position. For us to then get a couple of million for him is good business. Yes, there will be instances of us letting a player go who then goes onto better things but that has always been the case. Some lads are later developers and we can't keep them all or it might be someone behind him in the queue who then leaves due to lack of chances who goes onto better things.

We will likely have this situation with Patrick Roberts and Brandon Barker before too long. Denayer and some of the other lads already out on loan as well. Lopez who we have sold to Monaco for nearly £9m has hardly pulled up any trees in Ligue 1. Should we have kept him also, just in case? No is the short answer, as it was when discussing the future of Suarez three years ago

We kept worse eg Scott Sinclair. We need to start this buy back option lark, at very worse we exercise and then sell at higher price or we use him which is exactly what barca will do here.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 pm

When he left city he wasn't ready for a proper shot at the first team. He was a long way from the finished article and it was understandable that the club let him go.

Having said that, it sees this is where the club may need to mandate perhaps 3 places in the matchday squad that are taken up with a youth player to almost force the incumbent manager to think about playing them when possible. One defender, one midfielder and one forward, available to get experience in different situations.

It also means we don't end up blocking progress sticking with squad players who are never going to be a big part of our future, who get played ahead of young talent just to keep them happy, but it's really hard to get that balance right

Suarez might have improved with that, but in reality, players of his age only reach maturity through playing regularly and learning in match situations, something that 3 years on in our midfield, he still wouldn't have got today.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Thu May 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Ronaldo. The end.

Well no, not really - one anecdotal incident from years back does not win your arguement for ya mase
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Thu May 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Wooders wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Ronaldo. The end.

Well no, not really - one anecdotal incident from years back does not win your arguement for ya mase

Suarez from Liverpool. Gareth Bale. I could list loads mate but if you can't see it, then you can't see it pal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CitizenYank » Sun May 15, 2016 9:03 am

PeterParker wrote:Barcelona will bring Villarreal midfielder Denis Suarez back to the Nou Camp in the summer for just £2.5million, according to Catalan newspaper Sport.

Nowhere near close to being the club's fault. If I remember correctly, the club was high on him and wanted him to stay. But he is Spanish and Barca is still Barca. He was also nowhere near ready.... if he had left now because of lack of playing time, yes, it would make sense. It's amazing how just a couple of years, we totally lose sight of what happened.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:00 pm

According to Sky, Barca will resign him this week
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:According to Sky, Barca will resign him this week

any mention of where they'll be sending him on a 3 year loan?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm fuming that we let him go. The kid never wanted to leave and he was 100% ready to step into our first team. The club are to blame.

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:22 pm

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/07/04/man ... -transfer/

When young attacking midfielder Denis Suárez left Manchester City for Barcelona in 2013, many fans were disappointed at the club for allowing one of the best prospects to leave. The reality was, Suárez had just a year left on his contract and fancied a move home.

I was one of them.

In addition to the initial fee of €1.6 million, Barcelona will also have to pay City an €800,000 clause this summer because he is joining the first team (unless of a late change of plans). The Catalan club must also hand over €800,000 per 10 appearances up to his 100th first team appearance.

In total, this means Manchester City could still pocket up to €8.8 million (£7.4 million) from the Denis Suárez deal, which, when added to the initial fee, means City will receive as much as €10.4 million (£8.7 million).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum