so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Well according to the sun (yeah yeah I know!!!)

He's introducing a rule whereby all the team are to sit down together and have a meal within a hour of each match finishing.

Something he did at Barca and Bayern apparently?

That could just about clinch us the league.....he's a genius :)
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:50 am

rumours are that he's getting bored already. i know i am. the spafia need to sort this out or else, I fear, pep is going to do a coppell
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:31 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:rumours are that he's getting bored already. i know i am. the spafia need to sort this out or else, I fear, pep is going to do a coppell

Did these rumours start at 9:50 in the mancityfans.net forum by any chance. I know it's slow in here, but come on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:40 am

Fans getting bored as the season hasnt started but Pep will be relishing every second of it so far I am sure. As the players he has worked with so far must be as well.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow to see who he plays and if there is anything perceptible in the way they play.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:47 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Fans getting bored as the season hasnt started but Pep will be relishing every second of it so far I am sure. Asthe players he has worked with so far must be as well.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow to see who he plays and if there is anything perceptible in the way they play.

the deadwood and some youngsters who won't see a minute of pl/cl action this season? great first 3 weeks!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:52 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Fans getting bored as the season hasnt started but Pep will be relishing every second of it so far I am sure. Asthe players he has worked with so far must be as well.

the deadwood and some youngsters who won't see a minute of pl/cl action this season? great first 3 weeks!

Shit really? There I was hoping that Kelechi was part of our plans this season, was sure we'd see Fernandinho too
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:58 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Shit really? There I was hoping that Kelechi was part of our plans this season, was sure we'd see Fernandinho too

bony, kola, big willy............ 3-2 i win.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:02 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

bony, kola, big willy............ 3-2 i win.

A big, kola flavoured willy on the bony? Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:42 am

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/07/20/bay ... e-learned/

Good article until this straw man appeared...

The fact that Pep decided to give youth a chance should also be praised, after predecessor, Manuel Pellegrini, managed to forget / ignore the fact that we have one of the most exciting academies in world football.

How do we know he decided either? I am a critic of Pellegrini at times, but the circumstances were different. Maybe he just didn't value taking such risks with young players as a manager who's job was to win games first develop player second as someone who is better at the former and not know as so great with the latter, so would rather play his best available team every game.

Does that mean he forgot or ignored them? Maybe he was playing to his strengths to reach the most important outcome. Trophies and relevancy so when Pep comes we are still a top team.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:55 am

PrezIke wrote:http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/07/20/bayern-munich-1-0-manchester-city-what-we-learned/

Good article until this straw man appeared...

The fact that Pep decided to give youth a chance should also be praised, after predecessor, Manuel Pellegrini, managed to forget / ignore the fact that we have one of the most exciting academies in world football.

How do we know he decided either? I am a critic of Pellegrini at times, but the circumstances were different. Maybe he just didn't value taking such risks with young players as a manager who's job was to win games first develop player second as someone who is better at the former and not know as so great with the latter, so would rather play his best available team every game.

Does that mean he forgot or ignored them? Maybe he was playing to his strengths to reach the most important outcome. Trophies and relevancy so when Pep comes we are still a top team.

Pep hasn't taken any risks yet or taken a chance with youth yet. He has played kids in a preseason friendly, something that Pellegrini did too. We need to hold off on the bouquets until we see the evidence of it in competitive games.

That last point you make is a fair one Prezike, the two manager's remit is different - Pellegrini was tasked with handling the transition from Mancini's style to Pep whilst keeping us competitive ( with mixed results ) whilst Pep is tasked with building a team that will dominate Europe.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Not strictly true - Pellegrini was tasked with being holistic and only paid it lip service.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Dameerto wrote:Not strictly true - Pellegrini was tasked with being holistic and only paid it lip service.

How does one be holistic?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:Not strictly true - Pellegrini was tasked with being holistic and only paid it lip service.

How does one be holistic?

By building camp fires and singing Kum ba yah.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

Holistic = not be like Mancini with the players, I always thought.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:12 am

PrezIke wrote:

Holistic = not be like Mancini with the players, I always thought.

The relevant line from the club announcement was:
"This, combined with an identified need to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the Club, has meant that the decision has been taken to find a new manager for the 2013/14 season and beyond."

In the context it was used in, the club was suggesting a unified and inclusive approach from the first team down - Pellegrini's own words were that he would always play his best eleven, even if circumstances allowed for some flexibility (and there were plenty of those circumstances over the three seasons).
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Pretty good article here on what he's changed so far and how he approaches preseason:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... n-training
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:26 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:30 am

bigblue wrote:Pretty good article here on what he's changed so far and how he approaches preseason:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... n-training

Hold on a second SKY!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 am

In his press conference was extolling the virtues of Fernandinho. Of all the players we have who he may convert into a defender the sound bite was that Fern would be the best fit. Great engine, tackler, passer and header were the attributes he mentioned. All of which the great defenders have
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:In his press conference was extolling the virtues of Fernandinho. Of all the players we have who he may convert into a defender the sound bite was that Fern would be the best fit. Great engine, tackler, passer and header were the attributes he mentioned. All of which the great defenders have

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum