****Official : Man City v West Ham Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

****Official : Man City v West Ham Thread****

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 am

Im up and nearly ready to go and a 30 minute train ride into Manchester later this morning . Really looking forward to the day and the game , I think every City fan is very confident with Pep , the team , our style of play and how things have clicked into gear very quickly and efficiently , West Ham play excellent football and there manger Billic comes over as a great guy and top manager . Every single point has to be earned in the Premier League , 1-0 win for us takes us back to the top I think before we visit the despicable filth on September 10th !

Come On City !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ****Official : Man City v West Ham Thread****

Postby walmai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:17 am

A year ago, WHU turned up at T'Etihad, to face a team that hadn't so much as conceded a goal in its first 5 games. You lot know what happened next.

Take it from me: lightning will not strike twice for us this time around.

Our main problem is that there is nobody with any confidence in the striking department of the team. Andy Glass is, of course, unavailable. Diafra Sakho is in deep freeze, for reasons less than fully clear. So, you're left to deal with one or more of

1. Enner Valencia, whose touch and control seem to have been transferred to another club, leaving a player who goes down in a strong gust of wind
2. Calleri, signed from South American league obscurity to miss the odd open goal or two, and
3 Fletcher, who, to be damned with faint praise, looks a little better than the other fit alternatives, but, let's not kid ourselves, comes from Man United, via a League 1 loan last season.

So, even your 'work in progress' defence can rest easy pre-match.

Further back the pitch, Payet is still resting hard, in his post-Euros warm down routine. I actually don't know whether he's staying or going. Lanzini got sent home injured from the Olympics and Tore, from Bilic's old club in Turkey clearly needs time to even get fully match sharp, let alone acclimatised to new surroundings. Antonio, through sheer will and fight, is realistically our most potent attacking threat.

Defence is a patch up. We're already down to a replacement LB and a somewhat risky pick in Byram at RB. They're both fair players, but I worry that they're not going to be able to withstand a whole 90's worth of examination from your attacking options, if the latter are on their games.

And why wouldn't they be? Given the very public discarding of one of your living 'legends' (who, in fairness, had a terrible Euro's), nobody's likely to be resting on their laurels in your set up.

Aguero always plays well against us. De Bruyne will outplay Mashuaka. Hell, even skip to my lou Sterling will probably have a field-day.

You might have noticed that I am still pissed after Thursday's capitulation. If we were offered the 1-0 defeat that the OP proposes, I reckon even Bilic would take that, get back on the coach and try to nurse us back to health over the international break.

Whatever you have to do, please make sure that Mourinho and 'United' don't win the league.

Me? I won't even be watching...The Chemical Brothers in a park 2 miles from Casa Walmai put paid to that. Even if I was, it would be through fingers, from behind the sofa.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Justified logic » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

walmai wrote:A year ago, WHU turned up at T'Etihad, to face a team that hadn't so much as conceded a goal in its first 5 games. You lot know what happened next.

Our main problem is that there is nobody with any confidence in the striking department of the team. Andy Glass is, of course, unavailable. Diafra Sakho is in deep freeze, for reasons less than fully clear. So, you're left to deal with one or more of

1. Enner Valencia, whose touch and control seem to have been transferred to another club, leaving a player who goes down in a strong gust of wind
2. Calleri, signed from South American league obscurity to miss the odd open goal or two, and
3 Fletcher, who, to be damned with faint praise, looks a little better than the other fit alternatives, but, let's not kid ourselves, comes from Man United, via a League 1 loan last season.

Further back the pitch, Payet is still resting hard, in his post-Euros warm down routine. I actually don't know whether he's staying or going. Lanzini got sent home injured from the Olympics and Tore, from Bilic's old club in Turkey clearly needs time to even get fully match sharp, let alone acclimatised to new surroundings. Antonio, through sheer will and fight, is realistically our most potent attacking threat.

Defence is a patch up. We're already down to a replacement LB and a somewhat risky pick in Byram at RB. They're both fair players, but I worry that they're not going to be able to withstand a whole 90's worth of examination from your attacking options, if the latter are on their games.

And why wouldn't they be? Given the very public discarding of one of your living 'legends' (who, in fairness, had a terrible Euro's), nobody's likely to be resting on their laurels in your set up.

Aguero always plays well against us. De Bruyne will outplay Mashuaka. Hell, even skip to my lou Sterling will probably have a field-day.

You might have noticed that I am still pissed after Thursday's capitulation. If we were offered the 1-0 defeat that the OP proposes, I reckon even Bilic would take that, get back on the coach and try to nurse us back to health over the international break.

Whatever you have to do, please make sure that Mourinho and 'United' don't win the league.

Me? I won't even be watching...The Chemical Brothers in a park 2 miles from Casa Walmai put paid to that. Even if I was, it would be through fingers, from behind the sofa.

So that's a 0-1 then.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 am

Walmai cheer up mate. That must be the most depressing post you've written lol.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Stranger things have happened but I agree you are up against it at the moment.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:27 am

walmai wrote:A year ago, WHU turned up at T'Etihad, to face a team that hadn't so much as conceded a goal in its first 5 games. You lot know what happened next.

Welcome back Walmai, I was wondering if you were going to pop up. How's the new home? Have you been to a game there yet?

As for the scoreline. I have 3-1 on my predictor but after your post I am thinking 3-0 ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby walmai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:39 am

The new home is a farce with which I refuse to participate. That's all I will say on the matter.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:41 am

Hello Walmai. I was goin to say your lot don't look too hot at the moment. But you seem to have said anything that can possibly be said!

I'm fairly optimistic but of course form doesn't stand for much in the PL.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 am

john@staustell wrote:Hello Walmai. I was goin to say your lot don't look too hot at the moment. But you seem to have said anything that can possibly be said!

+1

Will be closer than you think
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:51 am

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Hello Walmai. I was goin to say your lot don't look too hot at the moment. But you seem to have said anything that can possibly be said!

+1

Will be closer than you think

He could have secretly become 'Agent Walmai', on a special mission from Mr Bilic, posting here to lull us all into a false sense of security before the Hammers turn us over again.

I'm just afraid he's far too pessimistic by far and I'd be relieved with a scappy, scruffy 1-0.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby walmai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:53 am

Ha Ha - not this time, lads.

We'll plug away, but, without Payet and Lanzini (and indeed the already injured Feghouli and Ayew), I just cannot see us building up enough of a head of steam to worry your back line.

The sole danger area is from set pieces, frankly.

Snap your arm off for a 0-0.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 am

COME ON CITY
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 pm

walmai wrote:Ha Ha - not this time, lads.

We'll plug away, but, without Payet and Lanzini (and indeed the already injured Feghouli and Ayew), I just cannot see us building up enough of a head of steam to worry your back line.

Enjoy the Chemical Brothers, they're fucking awesome.

No doubt you'll come home to a 1-0 win now that's all said.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:05 pm

walmai wrote:Ha Ha - not this time, lads.

Just joking Walmai.

It's nice to read your posts.

Hope today is a good game with plenty of nice football being played by both sides.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Is payet deffo not playing?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Is payet deffo not playing?

75% chance on FFT.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:01 pm

City64 drinking Bitburger in Albert Schloss over and out ! :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:11 pm

City64 wrote:City64 drinking Bitburger in Albert Schloss over and out ! :-)

Ha ha good on you lad! Honest questions.....

A: do you remember much of the actual match after?

B: how many times do you go for a piss during the game

It's been more years than I care to count since I got pissed before a game :-(
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Good stuff Bitburger , if you can get it on tap.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Ha ha good on you lad! Honest questions.....

A: do you remember much of the actual match after?

B: how many times do you go for a piss during the game

It's been more years than I care to count since I got pissed before a game :-(

Don't you know , you can't get pissed on German Beer, it is a 'Lebensmittel' and considered part of your dietary intake.

It's usually the schnapps 'runners' that you order alongside the beer that get you drunk. :-)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:34 pm

zuricity wrote:

Don't you know , you can't get pissed on German Beer, it is a 'Lebensmittel' and considered part of your dietary intake.

It's usually the schnapps 'runners' that you order alongside the beer that get you drunk. :-)

Ha ha, having never had pilsner without schnapps I didn't know!

It's been a while but I've many a good night drinking Zillertal pils in Austria.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum