Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Herb wrote:Putting aside the the arguments re could hart have parked his incredible arrogance and made the effort and, if so, did he have it within him to get good enough. One really tangible result of him retiring to Italy is that our preparations for this years derby have some chance of remaining unknown to Mourinho because Joe won't be telling his rag mates what to expect.
Love him or loath him, no true blue could have respected him for him for proudly parading his relationship with Rooney as his best mate and his hanging out with the cocaine fiend and micro-nob. He was paid by us, supported by us but he chose to hang out with the red shite so it was never a surprise that the rags always new exactly how we'd set up agents them was it!

You only post about joe hart.

That is fucking weird.
Original Dub

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Does the same apply to legend Mike Summerbee
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Herb wrote:Putting aside the the arguments re could hart have parked his incredible arrogance and made the effort and, if so, did he have it within him to get good enough. One really tangible result of him retiring to Italy is that our preparations for this years derby have some chance of remaining unknown to Mourinho because Joe won't be telling his rag mates what to expect.
Love him or loath him, no true blue could have respected him for him for proudly parading his relationship with Rooney as his best mate and his hanging out with the cocaine fiend and micro-nob. He was paid by us, supported by us but he chose to hang out with the red shite so it was never a surprise that the rags always new exactly how we'd set up agents them was it!

You only post about joe hart.

That is fucking weird.

Not only that, but the idea that we were somehow better off with the likes of Margetson, Immel, Tracey, Weaver, James, Given et al because they weren't friends with rags is not only completely inaccurate but totally bizarre. And if Herb is actually ITK on Joe sharing our tactics with them, maybe we should carry on given his personal record against them - we've certainly won more derbies than we lost with him in goal.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:57 pm

It is a completely weird and to be honest, unhealthy obsession with joe hart.

There's nowt as queer as folk
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:It is a completely weird and to be honest, unhealthy obsession with joe hart.

You can say that again, OD.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:10 am

Feed The Goat wrote:Does the same apply to legend Mike Summerbee

Yeah. I have never liked summerbee and never will.

Check out the "tackle" that ended Glyn Pardoe's career and then tell me you'd go drinking with someone who did that to your team-mate/colleague/friend. He and I clearly have somewhat different value systems and that's up to him. He'd probably think I'm a bellend as well. Many do.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:12 am

Did Summerbee parade around with Best on the pitch grinning after we lost a derby? Genuine question as I wasn't around then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:25 am

been dropped from England in favour of Heaton, or any of the injured keepers, by the suppository because of 'his approach' and also his 'horrendous' euros.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Herb » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It is a completely weird and to be honest, unhealthy obsession with joe hart.

You can say that again, OD.

Amen.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:34 am

Mase wrote:

Did Summerbee parade around with Best on the pitch grinning after we lost a derby? Genuine question as I wasn't around then.

I wasn't around then either. I just know they were best mates.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:26 am

Feed The Goat wrote:
Mase wrote:

I wasn't around then either. I just know they were best mates.

I don't think it's that that annoys people. It was the parading around the pitch in front of our faces.

Doesn't matter anymore though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:31 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Check out the "tackle" that ended Glyn Pardoe's career and then tell me you'd go drinking with someone who did that to your team-mate/colleague/friend. He and I clearly have somewhat different value systems and that's up to him. He'd probably think I'm a bellend as well. Many do.

I was close to the pitch that day and very close to where the 'tackle' took place and it was the most disgusting piece of pre-meditated thuggery you'd ever wish to see.

Best's studs were showing as he launched himself, knee high against Pardoe. It was abjectly cowardly as well as being thoroughly revolting and if he'd done that out in the street, rather than on a football pitch, he would have been locked up for six months, or more.

Pardoe was rushed to hospital and, by all accounts, came within minutes of losing his leg.

A cowardly disgusting act, perpetrated by a cowardly and disgusting individual.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I was close to the pitch that day and very close to where the 'tackle' took place and it was the most disgusting piece of pre-meditated thuggery you'd ever wish to see.

Best's studs were showing as he launched himself, knee high against Pardoe. It was abjectly cowardly as well as being thoroughly revolting and if he'd done that out in the street, rather than on a football pitch, he would have been locked up for six months, or more.

Pardoe was rushed to hospital and, by all accounts, came within minutes of losing his leg.

It's amazing what gets some people off....
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 am

Watch on youtube.com
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:55 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

A different era in almost every way.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:06 pm

0-4 GREAT, As for Best tackle, It never happened all in our minds....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Joe Hart's Manchester City exit accelerated by emergence of young goalkeeper Angus Gunn

Pep Guardiola's decision to ditch Joe Hart was prompted by the emergence of young keeper Angus Gunn at Manchester City.

Guardiola was determined to bring in a new No.1 from the moment he arrived at the Etihad in July.

And Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal the Spaniard’s resolve was strengthened when he saw 20-year-old Gunn during City’s pre-season preparations.

Guardiola , keen to promote the keeper-sweeper who is able to start attacks with accurate distribution, was impressed by the youngster’s confidence with the ball at his feet.

Gunn played in Guardiola’s first game – a 1-0 defeat at former club Bayern Munich – as well as the penalty shoot-out win over Borussia Dortmund.

Chilean international Claudio Bravo is due to make his debut in Saturday’s Manchester derby after being signed from Barcelona for £17million.

Gunn will spend the season as back-up for Bravo and No.2 Willy Caballero , but the City boss has told his backroom staff that he will have no hesitation in calling on the son of former Norwich and Scotland keeper Bryan Gunn if he needs to.

A City insider said: “There have been high hopes for Gunn since he joined the club and Pep was very impressed with him when he first came to the club.

“Angus has all the qualities you’d associate with a top keeper – but he is also excellent when he’s in possession of the ball. Pep liked that and is keen to promote the lad.”

The ruthlessness with which Guardiola ruled that Hart had no future at City sent shockwaves through the club.

The England keeper has joined Serie A club Torino on loan for the season – but has already been told there is no way back for him at City.

But the future is bright for Gunn, who been at City since 2011 and has just won a call-up to England’s Under-21 squad.

The plan is to ease him in next season as a back-up to Bravo once Caballero’s contract has expired.

And that really would spell curtains for Hart at the Etihad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... it-8762601
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Personally not surprised assuming this is all true. For while I have thought Gunn had all the attributes to be a top class keeper and I did expect him to take over from Hart at some time if we could keep him.

Difficult with keepers as they need to get experience from playing and i did expect Angus to go on loan somewhere but it seems that isn't happening unless something happens late. He is a tall lad and a very good shot stopper which he has shown on many occasions. He also seems to be a good penalty saver and I think has won more than one penalty shoot game out in his time at City.

The added factor is his comfort on the ball. He started his football career as a midfielder I think ( his dad told me!) and it shows plus of course City's EDS/18's have played the ball from the back the Pep way for ages now. I really would be happy if he got time in front of Willy in the league cup or something just to get more experience in him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I felt bad about laughing at that but it was hilarious
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:13 am

freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I felt bad about laughing at that but it was hilarious

I had to read it thrice but well done OD.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum