*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby mingul » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all! Please allow to introduce myself, my name is Vlad and I am a Romanian football historian having as main interest the history of our clubs in European Cups. After years of research and collecting I have recently started (https://www.facebook.com/retrosport.ro/) and very soon on www.retrosport.ro a portal which aims to present the tickets, the programmes, the pennants and the video highlights of the Romanian clubs in Europe.

The reason I am writing to you here is to kindly ask if any of you would be so kind to help me with this project by sending me 1-2 used match tickets and programme from Manchester City - Steaua. Also if there are collectors here, I could also send team sheets/tickets from the first leg (maybe even the matchday sports newspaper - since Steaua Bucharest has not printed one match programme in 6 years).

Hoping that my message did not bother you, looking forward for a reply,
Vlad
sportarchive@yahoo.com

P.S. If any of the admins could start also a thread with my message, I would be very happy, since my account is not allowed to start a thread. Thank you in advance!
mingul
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Steaua Bucharest

Postby TVFTSS » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 pm

City fans react on Twitter to Claudio Bravo's arrival - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/22/ma ... -imminent/

Hi folks, I work for a site called HITC and occasionally write about MCFC. Taking the time to click the above link and read my article would really help out. Cheers guys.
TVFTSS
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City

Postby TVFTSS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:25 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/26/aj ... the-champ/ Get City fans' Twitter reaction to the CL draw!
TVFTSS
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:32 pm

TVFTSS wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/26/ajf-city-fans-react-on-twitter-to-drawing-barcelona-in-the-champ/ Get City fans' Twitter reaction to the CL draw!

Or we could just do it here or on OUR OWN twitter feed....................
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

TVFTSS wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/26/ajf-city-fans-react-on-twitter-to-drawing-barcelona-in-the-champ/ Get City fans' Twitter reaction to the CL draw!

No more links please or I will delete them all
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby potterwec » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello Man City Fans!

I hope you don't mind me using your forum for purposes of research, but it is a fascinating topic and I am seeking fans who use football forums to unearth the state of football spectatorship and community in the modern era.

I am an Events Management MSc student from the University West of England and I am currently writing a thesis analysing how well new digital, social and broadcast media outlets replicate the experience of attending a football match.

I am in the process of contacting bloggers, forum contributors and key opinion-formers for Premier League football teams and am writing to you in the hope that a Man City fan might be interested in answering a few questions to help inform my research.

If there is anybody who has a spare 5-10 minutes to answer a few questions, I would be very grateful and happy to provide a blog/article/details of my thesis and research back to your site.

Please let me know if this might be a possibility.

Many thanks,
Will Potter
potterwec
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Liverpool
My favourite player is: Luis Suarez

Postby TimWilkes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 am

Afternoon all. I'm sure this has probably covered elsewhere so please excuse me for asking if it has. I'm taking Mrs Wilkes to her first game at The Etihad v Bournemouth and I was wondering if the club did anything special for first time visitors? Also any tips to help fill out the experience? Cheers.
TimWilkes
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Wolves
My favourite player is: Steve Bull

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:36 pm

TimWilkes wrote:Afternoon all. I'm sure this has probably covered elsewhere so please excuse me for asking if it has. I'm taking Mrs Wilkes to her first game at The Etihad v Bournemouth and I was wondering if the club did anything special for first time visitors? Also any tips to help fill out the experience? Cheers.

Yes. Fill out at Mary D's before the game.

Welcome to the forum.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:
TimWilkes wrote:Afternoon all. I'm sure this has probably covered elsewhere so please excuse me for asking if it has. I'm taking Mrs Wilkes to her first game at The Etihad v Bournemouth and I was wondering if the club did anything special for first time visitors? Also any tips to help fill out the experience? Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

If you're taking the Mrs and you're going Mary D's beforehand then make sure she doesn't mind beer being thrown over her and Munich songs.

The last place I'd take my Mrs is Mary D's haha! But I love the place.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

If you're taking the Mrs and you're going Mary D's beforehand then make sure she doesn't mind beer being thrown over her and Munich songs.

Alternatively, and perhaps much more sensibly, the pre-match entertainment at the fanzone in City Square on the north side has that certain X factor. This is at the opposite side to the away fans end but all mingle freely and there are food stalls, bars and plenty of places to sit and chill and admire the stadium.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Mase wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Alternatively, and perhaps much more sensibly, the pre-match entertainment at the fanzone in City Square on the north side has that certain X factor. This is at the opposite side to the away fans end but all mingle freely and there are food stalls, bars and plenty of places to sit and chill and admire the stadium.

or maybe a Blue Fizz followed by a Rhubarb Romance in one of the Cinnabar cocoons at the Vermilion

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:48 pm

The food is class in Vermillion.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Robertoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Altrincham-based City fan.....and a giddy one at that after this start to the season!
Robertoe
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Robertoe wrote:Altrincham-based City fan.....and a giddy one at that after this start to the season!

Welcome. I am only down the road in Sale and am also over the moon with the team. However the shite tram service needs sorting. It was better before the improvements.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Robertoe wrote:Altrincham-based City fan.....and a giddy one at that after this start to the season!

Welcome. I am only down the road in Sale and am also over the moon with the team. However the shite tram service needs sorting. It was better before the improvements.

What improvements are they? I would use the tram but iys been a pain when I have tried and recent stories are keeping me away. Might try it tomorrow for the EDS game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

What improvements are they? I would use the tram but iys been a pain when I have tried and recent stories are keeping me away. Might try it tomorrow for the EDS game.

The improvement I was alluding to is the St Peters square refurbishment. Since they have reopened it, the Altrincham trams only go to piccadilly and not direct to the Etihad. I have tweeted them about it and they said it's staying like that until the line through town is complete. No guarantees it will be put back either.

Also only single Eccles to Ashton trams so cornbrook is rammed with blues every match and the trams are ridiculously crammed.
Wonderwall

Postby Louden Tavern: Ibrox » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:08 pm

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium Welcomes City Fans on Wednesday

We are delighted to be open from 11am on Wednesday to host the fans of Manchester City who are travelling up to Glasgow to watch their team.

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium is situated on 111 Copland Road, Ibrox, G51 2SL – Opposite Ibrox Subway Station with easy access to and from the city centre via the underground. For Coaches the nearby motorway provides a direct route to Celtic Park, normally a 14 minute Journey without traffic congestion (under 6 miles).

We will have City themed Music, Videos and even a couple of former City players coming in to see the fans – Gordon Smith and Jim Melrose. We have been contacted by a number of supporters’ buses who will be coming in.

We are a well-known Rangers Supporters Pub who used to catering for football supporters. A large pub, we have twelve 60” TV’s and will be showing the match in HD for those coming up who were unfortunate in not being able to obtain a ticket. We also have a large beer garden and smoking area that has covers. We are providing 600 free ham rolls and 300 free Scotch Pies for our guests.

For those attending the game via supporters bus, we have liaised with police to provide supporters buses with a route to the match. For those looking to use public transport we recommend utilising the Underground Station opposite the pub and heading into Buchanan Street where you can get a Hackney Cab easily to the game for little cost (the journey should be about a tenner and you can fit 5 people in the taxi).

We have also approached Rangers about providing extra tours to accommodate the City fans who wish to take a tour of The Magnificent Ibrox Stadium (well worth a visit). The Supporters Liaison Officer Jim Hannah can be contacted on 0141 580 8670 or at jhannah@rangers.co.uk to arrange a tour.

We hope that you can give us a visit while you are up! But even if you can’t enjoy your trip and be assured The Rangers Support wish you nothing but success and hope that you get a better result than Barcelona got against them…
If you questions, queries, or if there is any way we can help please get in contact:

Email: info@thelouden.co.uk
Twitter: @theloudentavern
Facebook: www.facebook.com/theloudentavern

Thanks very much!

The Louden Tavern: Ibrox Stadium – More Than A Pub
www.thelouden.co.uk
111 Copland Road
Ibrox
G51 2SL
Louden Tavern: Ibrox
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Rangers

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I'm in sale and the tram is fine
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby themoonisblue » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello lads,
I'm a city fan since I was in grade 7, and the greatest moment that I personally admire is Aguero scoring at the 93rd minute for the League Title. :D :) :P
I have recently contributed in a blog post that discuses the reasons for EPL club's struggle in Europe in the recent Cl editions and how can they possibly shape in the current edition. Special expectations from Man.City against Barca. :P I'd love if you guys take a look and share your views.
https://www.vpnranks.com/epl-clubs-keep ... ns-league/
themoonisblue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby robyn6cp » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 pm

hi just joined up this evening, after watching that very frustrating game today had to look on city forums to find out how other blues were feeling about the last few weeks..so anywho thats how i got here.
so let me see,,i live in Tyrone n-Ireland and have been a city fan since i went from Tyrone to work in Manchester in 1969 (was just a cub of 17)
was there for most of the 70s and never missed a city home game when there. well when i went back home in late 70s i had picked up a wife and three children somehow?? so was a long time till i got back to Manchester to see my beloved city but i do now get over to a game occasionally..
anywho i say bring back Joe hart and stop fucking about way three at the back and play your best team with players in there correct positions, or just forget about it PEP ..
robyn6cp
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum