The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Speculating we'd seek to buy a South American club on the American Cityzens podcast today, which I happen to think is WILD speculation and not as in line with the reasons to purchase clubs in other lower leagues around the globe.

Football in South America is easily the #1 sport so I'm not sure how keen a Brazilian club's fans would feel about being a de facto feeder/scouting network club owned by outsiders. I claim to be no expert in club ownership/football cultures in that part of the world but somehow it strikes me as different and perhaps less allowable to have a conglomerate football group such as CFG do this even if that was an interest due to the bad taste that it might leave with fans there.

Even NYCFC fans have sometime moaned about being a feeder club, especially with the Lampard fiasco, and this is a brand new team with literally no history when he joined.

Pride in one's own leagues and clubs is surely stronger in South America and could go sour much easier than in countries like the US, Australia and Japan where club football traditions may not be as deep. I am sure there are fans who might find this comment insulting, however it cannot be denied that the sport not close to the biggest in any of these nations in terms of following and cultural value to the larger population as in South America.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:Speculating we'd seek to buy a South American club on the American Cityzens podcast today, which I happen to think is WILD speculation and not as in line with the reasons to purchase clubs in other lower leagues around the globe.

Football in South America is easily the #1 sport so I'm not sure how keen a Brazilian club's fans would feel about being a de facto feeder/scouting network club owned by outsiders. I claim to be no expert in club ownership/football cultures in that part of the world but somehow it strikes me as different and perhaps less allowable to have a conglomerate football group such as CFG do this even if that was an interest due to the bad taste that it might leave with fans there.

Even NYCFC fans have sometime moaned about being a feeder club, especially with the Lampard fiasco, and this is a brand new team with literally no history when he joined.

Pride in one's own leagues and clubs is surely stronger in South America and could go sour much easier than in countries like the US, Australia and Japan where club football traditions may not be as deep. I am sure there are fans who might find this comment insulting, however it cannot be denied that the sport not close to the biggest in any of these nations in terms of following and cultural value to the larger population as in South America.

good job that those foreign buyers have steered clear of english teams. i'd hate it if we sold out.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:50 am

Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:17 am

Wow. That was a really enlightening read and it just showcases what the plans for CFG are and how far ahead in terms of vision we are against our rivals. Sorriano in his role has done wonders up to now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Wow. That was a really enlightening read and it just showcases what the plans for CFG are and how far ahead in terms of vision we are against our rivals. Sorriano in his role has done wonders up to now

It's almost frightening....and it will be for other football organisations in so many different ways.

I get the feeling that now this CFG 'business plan', for want of a better way of describing it, has started to develop, it will roll ever faster and become, in effect, unstoppable.

Who knows but, in lifetimes to come, CFG could become bigger and more financially powerful than any Government, any country, any economic unit, any military alliance or any political movement until, 'de facto' it could become the ruler/steward/directorship of this world.......

OK, OK, I'm getting carried away into realms of fantasy now but it's certainly the kind of organisation that, in pure footballing matters, EUFA and FIFA, for starters, would not wish to tangle with.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It's almost frightening....and it will be for other football organisations in so many different ways.

I get the feeling that now this CFG 'business plan', for want of a better way of describing it, has started to develop, it will roll ever faster and become, in effect, unstoppable.

Who knows but, in lifetimes to come, CFG could become bigger and more financially powerful than any Government, any country, any economic unit, any military alliance or any political movement until, 'de facto' it could become the ruler/steward/directorship of this world.......

OK, OK, I'm getting carried away into realms of fantasy now but it's certainly the kind of organisation that, in pure footballing matters, EUFA and FIFA, for starters, would not wish to tangle with.

Sounds like the script Roller Ball.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Sounds like the script Roller Ball.

Thank you my friend.

Having re-read what I posted, I think I ought to stop taking my tablets.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 am

Came out in the last couple of days - Robotics for Manchester and China, which is probably significant!

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl ... artnership?

n innovative global partnership with UBTECH ROBOTICS CORP will give Manchester City fans around the world the opportunity to enjoy exclusive content and unique experiences.

In a first for a European football club, the Blues welcome UBTECH as their Official Robot Partner, in a deal which will enhance fan engagement and entertainment.

A world leader in consumer robotics, UBTECH is the first company in China to design and manufacture humanoid robots.

The new partnership, which is a first of its kind, will combine brilliant entertainment and ground-breaking technology to bring fans never before seen content and experiences.

Supporters can expect to see a series of co-branded UBTECH products across the Club’s digital channels and should also keep an eye out for them at home games throughout the season and for the opportunity to take part in exclusive fan competitions.

Commenting on the launch of the partnership, Tom Glick, Group Chief Commercial Officer, City Football Group, said:

“Partnering with UBTECH, who are a world leader in their field and share our passion for innovation and cooperation, is a natural fit for Manchester City. Together, we can reinvent the fan experience both at the Etihad Stadium and online by using pioneering technology and putting fans at the heart of the partnership.

“We are delighted to welcome UBTECH to the family and to have the opportunity to introduce our fans in Manchester, China and beyond to their exciting product range and the never before seen content and experiences this partnership will deliver.”

Manchester City's reputation and commitment to innovation impressed UBTECH Robotics founder, James Zhou, who is looking forward to the outcomes of the partnership.

He added: “The unique partnership between UBTECH Robotics and Manchester City will bring cutting edge robotics technology and sports marketing together. As one of the top football clubs in the world, Manchester City has a positive and healthy brand image.

"The Club constantly seeks to innovate and is dedicated to bringing beautiful football to its fans so they enjoy unforgettable moments. Innovation is also deeply embedded in the DNA of UBTECH Robotics and as a result we are excited to become the official global robot partner of Manchester City.

“UBTECH Robotics focuses on bringing intelligent consumer robots to every home in the world and creating a more intelligent, humanized lifestyle for all. With Manchester City, we look forward to bringing the excitement of intelligent robots and “beautiful football” together for all to enjoy.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:37 am

hopefully they'll get robots to 'man' the bars inside the ground...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:38 am

john@staustell wrote:Came out in the last couple of days - Robotics for Manchester and China, which is probably significant!

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl ... artnership?

n innovative global partnership with UBTECH ROBOTICS CORP will give Manchester City fans around the world the opportunity to enjoy exclusive content and unique experiences.

In a first for a European football club, the Blues welcome UBTECH as their Official Robot Partner, in a deal which will enhance fan engagement and entertainment.

A world leader in consumer robotics, UBTECH is the first company in China to design and manufacture humanoid robots.

The new partnership, which is a first of its kind, will combine brilliant entertainment and ground-breaking technology to bring fans never before seen content and experiences.

Supporters can expect to see a series of co-branded UBTECH products across the Club’s digital channels and should also keep an eye out for them at home games throughout the season and for the opportunity to take part in exclusive fan competitions.

Commenting on the launch of the partnership, Tom Glick, Group Chief Commercial Officer, City Football Group, said:

“Partnering with UBTECH, who are a world leader in their field and share our passion for innovation and cooperation, is a natural fit for Manchester City. Together, we can reinvent the fan experience both at the Etihad Stadium and online by using pioneering technology and putting fans at the heart of the partnership.

“We are delighted to welcome UBTECH to the family and to have the opportunity to introduce our fans in Manchester, China and beyond to their exciting product range and the never before seen content and experiences this partnership will deliver.”

Manchester City's reputation and commitment to innovation impressed UBTECH Robotics founder, James Zhou, who is looking forward to the outcomes of the partnership.

He added: “The unique partnership between UBTECH Robotics and Manchester City will bring cutting edge robotics technology and sports marketing together. As one of the top football clubs in the world, Manchester City has a positive and healthy brand image.

"The Club constantly seeks to innovate and is dedicated to bringing beautiful football to its fans so they enjoy unforgettable moments. Innovation is also deeply embedded in the DNA of UBTECH Robotics and as a result we are excited to become the official global robot partner of Manchester City.

“UBTECH Robotics focuses on bringing intelligent consumer robots to every home in the world and creating a more intelligent, humanized lifestyle for all. With Manchester City, we look forward to bringing the excitement of intelligent robots and “beautiful football” together for all to enjoy.”

Crikey, the march towards global domination continues apace.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:59 am

Can you programme these robots to boo?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can you programme these robots to boo?

Oooohh Yes........and also to sing Guardiola songs and anti-Scum chants.

Cracking idea.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Cracking idea.

Maybe we could program them to stay on for five minutes after the final whistle too, to applaud good performances (along with most but not all of our fans).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby littlebig » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Cracking idea.

Maybe we could program them to stay on for five minutes after the final whistle too, to applaud good performances (along with most but not all of our fans).

Supporters
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:52 am

Fantasy Sports App in China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore

http://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/2 ... 4532289058?

Manchester City has signed a new deal which will see live fantasy sport app, Ballr, become an official Club partner in China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore.

The new regional partnership begins ahead of the October launch of Ballr Football, which is the latest offering from the free gaming platform.

Ballr allows fans to connect, compete and communicate during real-time sporting events and the new football focused app will offer a host of benefits to fans in the region.

Concentrating on the Premier League, the platform will give City supporters the opportunity to compete during live games for the chance to win a host of incredible prizes.

Up for grabs is exclusive Blues merchandise as well as once-in-a-lifetime experiences, such as a trip to the Etihad Stadium to watch Pep Guardiola’s team play and to meet the players after the game.

With the Club’s commitment to improving how it interacts with fans, Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice-President of Partnerships, City Football Group, is looking forward to developing this new partnership.

He said: “Our new partnership with Ballr is an exciting opportunity to engage with Manchester City fans in the digital sphere and to offer them further opportunities to connect with the Club.

“Manchester City is committed to enhancing the fan experience and bringing supporters together. Ballr shares these values with us and we look forward to building this partnership together.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Mundipharma - Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2016 ... ityvr-app/?

September 30 – Manchester City have kept up the pace of new club partnerships and initiatives with the announcement of pharmaceutical company Mundipharma as the ‘Official Healthcare Product Partner of Manchester City Football Club’ in Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. The club has also launched a new CityVR app to engage fans via virtual reality.

Mundipharma will use Manchester City branding in some of their marketing and advertising campaigns. The logo of their BETADINE brand will feature on the sleeve of the Club’s medical staff at friendly matches in the sponsored regions.

Mundipharma will offer promotions for fans to travel to Manchester for experiences the City Football Academy including training sessions.

Raman Singh, President, Mundipharma, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, said: “Manchester City are one of the world’s best football teams and are known all over the world. Sports reaches and inspires people around the world. We intend to harness this power to raise awareness on key health issues such as preventing the spread of infectious diseases, which is a major focus for us in emerging markets where there have been a number of recent outbreaks.

CityVR app launched

Man City have followed up on their live VR match trial in May 2015, with the launch of the CityVR app, available from the Oculus Store and developed in collaboration with LiveLike.

The app, which is enabled by a Samsung Gear VR headset, allows fans to view highlights from a selection of Manchester City’s 2015/16 home fixtures in immersive virtual reality. Fans can follow the action in different corners of the pitch by simply looking at a camera icon placed in multiple locations, which instantly takes viewers to the corresponding camera angle.

App users also have access to a virtual dashboard providing player information and match statistics that deliver a deeper insight into the game at hand.

Diego Gigliani, Senior Vice President of Media and Innovation at City Football Group, said: “Our trial with live VR last season was eye-opening, with fans reacting in awe of the immersive nature of the experience. With the launch of CityVR on the Oculus platform, we’re now able to let millions of fans around the world experience that same content also.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:13 am

As the footbal has depressed me ahead of the dreaded international break, lets look at the commercial wonders. Official online trading partner, whatever that may mean.

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/ ... 8596017518?

Manchester City has agreed a new deal which sees iTrader.com become the Club’s Official Online Trading Partner.

Taking on partnership status in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the leading online trading broker has signed a multi-year agreement which will give fans the opportunity to watch Pep Guardiola’s side in action.
iTrader.com successfully provide thousands of satsified European customers with investment options in stocks, commodities, CFDs and currencies and will combine with City on a number of marketing campaigns.
First Team players will feature as iTrader.com enjoy a digital presence on the Club’s social media channels and mancity.com, while the two will also work together to create a co-branded website as part of a multi-national campaign.
In addition, iTrader.com will provider their customers and City fans with the opportunity to get closer to the Club and experience matchdays at the Etihad Stadium.
Commenting on the new deal, Damian Willoughby, senior vice president of partnerships for City Football Group said: “We are delighted to welcome iTrader.com to the City family.
“Our mutual vision of performance and integrity makes them a perfect partner for the Club and we look forward to working together throughout the season and beyond.”
iTrader.com operates under the strictest financial regulations in the EU supervised by Cysec and holds an EEA authorization in the UK.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

I wish they would partner up with someone big who advertises in the States . Sick Of seeing Fucking Addidas PogBa kitted out in his United Shite
And G fukinM motors adverts Cunts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BookJunior » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Another Platini FFP deal, necessary in principle to raise revenue to pay lip service to FFP.

I do like Monaco's approach to FFP, ie to give it the big two fingered salute.

Before the years out we will no doubt have an official bird seed vending supplier in Asia as well.

Is that a Victory V or telling him to go away? Monaco is an independent state.

UEFA needs places like Monaco to store their cash.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:24 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Another Platini FFP deal, necessary in principle to raise revenue to pay lip service to FFP.

I do like Monaco's approach to FFP, ie to give it the big two fingered salute.

Before the years out we will no doubt have an official bird seed vending supplier in Asia as well.

Is that a Victory V or telling him to go away? Monaco is an independent state.

UEFA needs places like Monaco to store their cash.

I suppose having no income tax there helps in this respect ??

Going off at a tangent, one thing I find interesting about Monaco is that, although/because they are such a tiny state, in more recent times through a programme of land reclamation, they've increased their geographical area by nearly a third. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum