so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: so pep's in. wtf has he done???

Postby sheblue » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Dimples wrote:IMO Pep is walking a tightrope and short term expectations of him are unfair.

He is building for the future and also trying to deliver immediately using existing players.
Expecting him to deliver this season is outrageous.
He should be judged on season 3 (maybe season 2 if he gets the targets he wants).

The future is the incredible young talent we have, Brown, Sterling, Sane, Nacho, Jesus, Monero, Gundogan, etc....
Immediate delivery using YaYa, Kolorov, Clichy, Fern2, Sagna, Vinny, Zabba, etc...

Long term he will deliver IMO.
Short term he may not.
He is not a magician and yet we are fantastic going forward but not clinical yet and our defence is leaky as a sieve.

Give him time. Give the club time to level the playing field (in the boardroom).

The future is Sky Blue.

Yes it was always going to take time. I dont 'expect' to win the league this season, or even anything. If anybody actually believes the UEFA will allow us win the CL they need a word with themselves. I think we will be in a much better place this time next year.
One thing isnt peps contract 3 years? presumably he will extend, but for some reason he doesn't strike me as a man who will hang around long term, ie > 5 years.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44 pm

sheblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:IMO Pep is walking a tightrope and short term expectations of him are unfair.

He is building for the future and also trying to deliver immediately using existing players.
Expecting him to deliver this season is outrageous.
He should be judged on season 3 (maybe season 2 if he gets the targets he wants).

The future is the incredible young talent we have, Brown, Sterling, Sane, Nacho, Jesus, Monero, Gundogan, etc....
Immediate delivery using YaYa, Kolorov, Clichy, Fern2, Sagna, Vinny, Zabba, etc...

Long term he will deliver IMO.
Short term he may not.
He is not a magician and yet we are fantastic going forward but not clinical yet and our defence is leaky as a sieve.

Give him time. Give the club time to level the playing field (in the boardroom).

The future is Sky Blue.

Yes it was always going to take time. I dont 'expect' to win the league this season, or even anything. If anybody actually believes the UEFA will allow us win the CL they need a word with themselves. I think we will be in a much better place this time next year.
One thing isnt peps contract 3 years? presumably he will extend, but for some reason he doesn't strike me as a man who will hang around long term, ie > 5 years.

Nail and head there. I'm expecting success because that's what he does. He stays for a good time not a long time.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

I thought he was interesting in the Celtic PC. He insists that he has had success elsewhere by doing what he's doing here and that is his method, like it or lump it.

If it doesn't work City should find another coach because he won't change his basic principles.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Sat back and asked how the fuck did we that 20 times. His expression after the KDB is one of utter disbelief. And he knows we might pay for that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Firstly, I think Pep is a fantastic manager who is arguably the best on the world. I overwhelmingly believe in his ideas and approach, feeling that the larger issue is that we are short in some key areas on the pitch to really see how well it can work.

We've caught glimpses of it early in the season, but some of those players (Kolarov and Nico, especially) have failed to maintain the consistency needed to protect the goal. Our long time leader in defence has not been able to solidify it even whilst Pep made efforts to take care of his fitness. We also missed out on a key target, LaPorte, to resolve some of these problems, and have had to rely on Kolarov as a centre half when we were showing him the exit door over the summer. We lack pace at fullback so have had to rely on 3 at the back as a serious option after we got toasted on the wings a few games with Zaba and Kola.

We also have a goalkeeper who I am gathering knows very little English having to come into a situation with very high expectations and pressure after a fan favourite was shunned, adding to the concerns over buy-in to "playing it out from the back" that has rubbed certain fans the wrong way. Our #1 striker has missed 7 games due to madness, and we could be considered short in that area as Nacho has not had many chances nor shown much improvement (possibly as a result) and even though Jesus is coming.

However, I wonder if there is some hidden issue in the dressing room at hand as well. Where was Nolito on Saturday? I hear it may be for disciplinary reasons (on today's CityWatch podcast they raised some idea about refusing to learn English, although maybe I misheard). Aguero has seemed out of sorts and I wonder if it is related as well. Ottamendi who had seemed to be listening to Pep's comment about diving has gone back to it. Maybe he pulled his G card too many times, and then there is the signing...

With fans singing "Guardiola" every match has that rubbed some of the players the wrong way, rubbing salt in any wounds?

Pure speculation, but it has crossed my mind.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:50 pm

can anyone actually say they're happy with Pep this season?

yes he came in with a reputation and yes that reputation pretty much single-handedly landed us Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno, Sane, Stones, and maybe even De Bruyne. but what has he done for the club on the pitch?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 pm

phips wrote:can anyone actually say they're happy with Pep this season?

yes he came in with a reputation and yes that reputation pretty much single-handedly landed us Gabriel Jesus, Marlos Moreno, Sane, Stones, and maybe even De Bruyne. but what has he done for the club on the pitch?

I know you're loving this but you have a point. He's making himself look a right tit with his continuous dumbfuckery.

Having a keeper who cannot make a save is probably his biggest cock up so far but three at the back is close behind.

Today was car crash viewing couldnt stop watching to see how much worse it could get.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby s1ty m » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:55 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

I know you're loving this but you have a point. He's making himself look a right tit with his continuous dumbfuckery.

Having a keeper who cannot make a save is probably his biggest cock up so far but three at the back is close behind.

Today was car crash viewing couldnt stop watching to see how much worse it could get.

Can't disagree with any of this.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby phips » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

of course im loving it. I want City to lose every match. the bigger the margin the better.

Pep after the match: "I cannot say today we played bad". What fucking match was he watching?

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby freshie » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:54 am

phips wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

of course im loving it. I want City to lose every match. the bigger the margin the better.

Pep after the match: "I cannot say today we played bad". What fucking match was he watching?

The Dortmund game
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:36 pm

well then he's stupid as they played worse than City did

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead