replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

replacing bravo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:58 pm

only one option for me and that's hugo lloris
if the spafia have anything about them they will look to do a deal with spurs that involves hart (+ cash and the standard wage subsidy).
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: replacing bravo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:only one option for me and that's hugo lloris
if the spafia have anything about them they will look to do a deal with spurs that involves hart (+ cash and the standard wage subsidy).

No paying of wages and I'd be ok with that swap to be honest.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

How much cash are we talking? Not that Spurs would consider this anyway.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Lloris only just penned a new deal.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby freshie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Rose, Trippier and Alderweireld as well would be great
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 pm

I understand why Hart had to go eventually. I think most of us do. Long term he would not have fitted in to Guardiola total football philosophy, I think we all accept that.

I just don’t think he needed to go this season. We have 6,or 7 players before him to replace, that are not going to make the grade. I include our entire defence, except Stones. I think getting rid of Hart at the embryonic Stage of our development under Guardiola was short sighted and extremely stupid, it unsettled our already dodgy defence. We ended up with a revolution instead of evolution. Bravo signing might well cost us our Top 4 finish this season. I think had we persisted with Hart until we got the right defensive players in place and then implemented Guardiola philosophy, it would have been more beneficial for us. Just my opinion.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:51 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I understand why Hart had to go eventually. I think most of us do. Long term he would not have fitted in to Guardiola total football philosophy, I think we all accept that.

I just don’t think he needed to go this season. We have 6,or 7 players before him to replace, that are not going to make the grade. I include our entire defence, except Stones. I think getting rid of Hart at the embryonic Stage of our development under Guardiola was short sighted and extremely stupid, it unsettled our already dodgy defence. We ended up with a revolution instead of evolution. Bravo signing might well cost us our Top 4 finish this season. I think had we persisted with Hart until we got the right defensive players in place and then implemented Guardiola philosophy, it would have been more beneficial for us. Just my opinion.

you're 100% right
with hart in goal we'd be top of the league right now. seriously.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Can Caballero be trusted?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Can Caballero be trusted?

Surely he can't be any worse!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:27 pm

gmercer1 wrote:

He'd be my preference, too. Better at stopping shots and his distribution is decent. Plus he's not averse to shouting at his defenders.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:52 pm

gmercer1 wrote:

Exactly
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:22 am

zabbadabbado wrote:I understand why Hart had to go eventually. I think most of us do. Long term he would not have fitted in to Guardiola total football philosophy, I think we all accept that.

This is my reading of the situation as well. And our midfield and attack are affected as well by that open door at the back. I don't think we'll regain the fluency we had earlier in the season until Bravo is replaced. It's not as if we're passing it around at the back with confidence even. It is pass, pass, pass and hoof. Bravo offers nothing more than Hart did - and a lot less in the clean sheet department. A good manager would use his players' existing skill sets whilst training them to develop the new skills he wants and having a goalie that the team trusted would greatly enable that.

But Guardiola won't replace Bravo.
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

I feel safe with Willy. Always did.

It feels like we are Whitney and he is Kevin Costner when we need him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Show us another stat telling us Bravo is one of the best goalies in the world, and we can then all ignore what we all see, game after game, as being a figment of our imagination.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:57 am

Justified logic wrote:

This is my reading of the situation as well. And our midfield and attack are affected as well by that open door at the back. I don't think we'll regain the fluency we had earlier in the season until Bravo is replaced. It's not as if we're passing it around at the back with confidence even. It is pass, pass, pass and hoof. Bravo offers nothing more than Hart did - and a lot less in the clean sheet department. A good manager would use his players' existing skill sets whilst training them to develop the new skills he wants and having a goalie that the team trusted would greatly enable that.

But Guardiola won't replace Bravo.

Just to say , playing it out from the back is not a Pep invention and we were already doing this under Pellegrini and Mancini. Perhaps not making it a central method of possession. Anyway, Bravo wellies the ball a lot and recently more to the opposition than to us.
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm not a fan of bravo so far but I don't see how we'd be top of the league if joe was here.

He might have saved one or two shots that bravo didn't but I don't think keeper howlers has been our biggest problem.

I think it's a combination of the chopping and changing of the back line and the need for upgrades on the full back positions.

Not taking chances is a pretty big problem too of course.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Show us another stat telling us Bravo is one of the best goalies in the world, and we can then all ignore what we all see, game after game, as being a figment of our imagination.

You still haven't given me an example of a goal he was solely responsible for us conceding.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:09 pm

Always felt hart was shifted out for non football reasons.
Hugo would be nice but we have more chance of getting neuer, and thats no chance.
We will have to persist with claudio the clown for now i think.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

you're 100% right

Don't forget how much criticism Hart got last season. Not saying he wouldnt have been better this season ( probably) but to think we would be top if he was in goal is cloud cuckoo land.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

you're 100% right

Don't forget how much criticism Hart got last season. Not saying he wouldnt have been better this season ( probably) but to think we would be top if he was in goal is cloud cuckoo land.

The likelihood is if Hart was attempting to play the short game Bravo was when he first came that we'd have conceded far more, truth be told.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum