Txiki Out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Txiki Out

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:11 am

I've been pondering about this and I've had it. I went through his body of work as the man in charge of putting together competitive and taking rwsources available into account it is truly terrible. He is being paid hefty wages and has almost limitless resources available and expectations should be placed accordingly.

Now this is NOT knee jerk reaction to any one off result or transaction. Hiring players can be bit hit and miss but anyone who has courage to look at his work will find that he mostly JUST misses. His presence is harmfull for both short and long term development of club. We really need to get rid.

No hard feelings Txiki. I loved you as a player, my favouritw type of player, and was bummed when we didn't sign you after that trial back in the day. But you made your reputation by having Xavi, Messi and Iniesta fall into your lap and you've proven that you are not capable of doing the job. Now fuck off and be happy that Sheik doean't do what his cousin does to his failed execs ie hunt him down in desert.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Txiki Out

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: and was bummed

Fair play mate. Not many people would admit that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

That's not nearly hyperbolic enough NQDP.

This should help get the froth going:

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 am

It's not knee jerk at all - he should be sacked.

Our squad has deteriorated significantly and we have completely failed to reinforce the areas which needed it - the defence and strikers.

Furthermore, we are absolutely useless at selling players. The amounts we let Dzeko and Tevez leave for, despite both players still at the top of their game, was embarrassing.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:31 am

It's almost impossible to make an argument for him.

So I won't bother.

He's the weakest link.
Goodbye
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am

sadly, he ain't going anywhere
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 am

I'm ok with our recruiting. Cheeky in.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

We are are factoring in the catch up period I assume. Paying way over the odds to get the us rolling. He has attracted Pep at last, the players coming in will now bee Peps, Vinny for 6 mill Zabba 2.5 Yaya 24 mill 32.5 for the 3. Just adding balance.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:sadly, he ain't going anywhere

is this a Real Madrid thing, negative ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 am

But how does our squad recruting work? How did it worked under Cook?

Does the manager say what he needs and then Txiki goes out and find players on that position? Or the manager say: I want X. Then Txiki goes after X?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 am

Hazy2 wrote:We are are factoring in the catch up period I assume. Paying way over the odds to get the us rolling. He has attracted Pep at last, the players coming in will now bee Peps, Vinny for 6 mill Zabba 2.5 Yaya 24 mill 32.5 for the 3. Just adding balance.

The table above is since 2012. We were champions in 2012. He came just after that. No need to pay over the odds when we were champions surely?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am

Hazy2 wrote:We are are factoring in the catch up period I assume. Paying way over the odds to get the us rolling. He has attracted Pep at last, the players coming in will now bee Peps, Vinny for 6 mill Zabba 2.5 Yaya 24 mill 32.5 for the 3. Just adding balance.

Zaba wasn't £2.5 million mate.

But just to add balance we signed Zaba and Vinnie just before we got taken over.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:37 am

PeterParker wrote:But how does our squad recruting work? How did it worked under Cook?

Does the manager say what he needs and then Txiki goes out and find players on that position? Or the manager say: I want X. Then Txiki goes after X?

Here's the thing mate, I haven't a clue and as such wouldn't back one side of the argument over another as I don't feel informed enough.

What I do find extraordinary is the number of City fans who feel that he's doing a shit job yet Sheikh Mansour continues to employ him. Do we know better than Sheikh Mansour?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 am

It's a bit like Frank Arnesen. Had a supreme reputation for what he did at Ajax with the kids (I think) but it turns out he failed everywhere he went and was probably just lucky enough to oversee the transition of a talented generation from junior to senior football.

I also think the poor transition of youth players into our squad has to be pinned to Txiki. Like someone else said, were Rodwell and Sinclair really that much better as squad players than what we could have taken from our EDS? I don't think so.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:But how does our squad recruting work? How did it worked under Cook?

Here's the thing mate, I haven't a clue and as such wouldn't back one side of the argument over another as I don't feel informed enough.

What I do find extraordinary is the number of City fans who feel that he's doing a shit job yet Sheikh Mansour continues to employ him. Do we know better than Sheikh Mansour?

As for your last argument, if we accept that then we might as well just shut down the forum and just blindly accept everything that happens at the club since everything is decided by the Sheik or by people he has employed.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:It's a bit like Frank Arnesen. Had a supreme reputation for what he did at Ajax with the kids (I think) but it turns out he failed everywhere he went and was probably just lucky enough to oversee the transition of a talented generation from junior to senior football.

I also think the poor transition of youth players into our squad has to be pinned to Txiki. Like someone else said, were Rodwell and Sinclair really that much better as squad players than what we could have taken from our EDS? I don't think so.

They were signed before Txiki mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

I think Khaldoon hired them, not our Sheikh. I would love to read some interview with Mansour, but I think that might not happend.

I am in the boat that wants Txiki out, but we need to know who actually is doing the recruitment in our first team. Regarding the EDS, I think our club did a great job, but with the first squad it was something terrible.

We need to understand who is responsible of buying players and selling them before we jump to conclusions.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

As for your last argument, if we accept that then we might as well just shut down the forum and just blindly accept everything that happens at the club since everything is decided by the Sheik or by people he has employed.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be discussed, I just find it extraordinary that so many feel they're well informed enough on the topic to declare that he's doing a shit job.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:It's a bit like Frank Arnesen. Had a supreme reputation for what he did at Ajax with the kids (I think) but it turns out he failed everywhere he went and was probably just lucky enough to oversee the transition of a talented generation from junior to senior football.

Yes they were, so I'll take that back but still contend that the lack of transition of players from the EDS to our squad has to be pinned on him. And again, I don't understand your last argument. Am I reading it wrong or what?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yes they were, so I'll take that back but still contend that the lack of transition of players from the EDS to our squad has to be pinned on him. And again, I don't understand your last argument. Am I reading it wrong or what?

Regards the EDS, he can only do so much can't he? I mean he doesn't select which youth players should be part of matchday squads. Again I'm not saying he shouldn't face criticism for his part in this but there's a number of factors beyond his control to consider so it's perhaps unfair to pin it all on him?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum