Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Yaya wont sign, huge opportunity to have one last pay day elsewhere. We would need a huge signing on fee to compete and we wont. He might stay in premier league with one of our rivals, nothing will surprise me...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Yaya wont sign, huge opportunity to have one last pay day elsewhere. We would need a huge signing on fee to compete and we wont. He might stay in premier league with one of our rivals, nothing will surprise me...

I don't think Piccs was necessarily contemplating a huge signing on fee, just simply an extension to his contract on the existing terms.

If he chose to turn that down, then fair enough and he could go elsewhere, as he would be perfectly entitled to do.

There had been some talk about him going to China but didn't Yaya rule that out, so he might still prefer to stay at City ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:15 pm

He's also committed himself to City for eternity but somehow, I always take whatever Yaya says with a large salt cake.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Justified logic wrote:He's also committed himself to City for eternity but somehow, I always take whatever Yaya says with a large salt cake.

Let's be honest now. Gundogan is nowhere near the level of Yaya. We started the season well, then tried to shoe horn Ilkay in and it all went wrong. Yaya returns and we generally look a lot better. He does the same as before minus the lung busting runs, but his know how shines through. We have a squad where you would need three players to replace him. Delph,
clubfoot Fern and Gundogan combined are not as good as one Yaya. Massage his ego, give him a ton of cash and he'll sign....possibly some jaffa cakes too.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:He's also committed himself to City for eternity but somehow, I always take whatever Yaya says with a large salt cake.

Let's be honest now. Gundogan is nowhere near the level of Yaya. We started the season well, then tried to shoe horn Ilkay in and it all went wrong. Yaya returns and we generally look a lot better. He does the same as before minus the lung busting runs, but his know how shines through. We have a squad where you would need three players to replace him. Delph
clubfoot Fern and Gundogan fombined are not as good as one Yaya. Massage his ego, give him a ton of cash and he'll sign....possibly some jaffa cakes too.

Good call Piccs, added to which, he's probably the only one we'd now trust to take penalties, unless KDB can step up to the plate in this respect.

Furthermore, he's always a danger and likely to score from free kicks at various ranges and when he's lurking outside the box in open play, he's probably our most reliable shot taker from a longer distance (Kolarov ought to be as he has the power, but he's too erratic).

Sometimes it's qualities such as these which are needed to breakdown a 'parked bus' defence.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I would also be happy to see Yaya in Sky Blue for another season. Yes we know he isn't the player of two or three years ago, but let's be honest, who in world football is?

He is still capable of holding down a place in our team
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Let's be honest now. Gundogan is nowhere near the level of Yaya. We started the season well, then tried to shoe horn Ilkay in and it all went wrong. Yaya returns and we generally look a lot better. He does the same as before minus the lung busting runs, but his know how shines through. We have a squad where you would need three players to replace him. Delph
clubfoot Fern and Gundogan fombined are not as good as one Yaya. Massage his ego, give him a ton of cash and he'll sign....possibly some jaffa cakes too.

Good call Piccs, added to which, he's probably the only one we'd now trust to take penalties, unless KDB can step up to the plate in this respect.

Furthermore, he's always a danger and likely to score from free kicks at various ranges and when he's lurking outside the box in open play, he's probably our most reliable shot taker from a longer distance (Kolarov ought to be as he has the power, but he's too erratic).

Sometimes it's qualities such as these which are needed to breakdown a 'parked bus' defence.

Exactly right. We have to overcome this problem game after game and he is expert at it. I love Yaya, (I'm sure you could guess that) but it's not just sentimentality, the man is one of our most accomplished players ever, at unpicking defences.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:47 am

Just a thought - and it's certainly not our problem, thankfully - but didn't Ibrahimovitch only sign a one year contract at the Scum ??

When they don't qualify for the Champions League for next season, I wonder if his ego won't allow him to settle for another year in the 'backwaters' of the Europa and he'll bail out from the Salford Swampland ??

Under such circumstances, would he want to stay in the Premier League, or would he consider going to China as a big fish in a small pond ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Exactly right. We have to overcome this problem game after game and he is expert at it. I love Yaya, (I'm sure you could guess that) but it's not just sentimentality, the man is one of our most accomplished players ever, at unpicking defences.

Yaya is the best player I've ever seen.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:27 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Yaya is the best player I've ever seen.

Silva is better and has been consistently better season after season than any other player.....Aguero on a par.

Yaya is behind these 2 players.....far behind imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby s1ty m » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:36 pm

City look immensely better with Yaya in the sitting role. I'd also add that he's arguably our greatest ever player. He's in the discussion, for sure.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:12 pm

s1ty m wrote:City look immensely better with Yaya in the sitting role. I'd also add that he's arguably our greatest ever player. He's in the discussion, for sure.

He's close but Kolarov just pips him for me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:[quote=

Yaya is the best player I've ever seen.[/quote]

Silva is better and has been consistently better season after season than any other player.....Aguero on a par.

Yaya is behind these 2 players.....far behind imo.[/quote]

I don't disagree. I never thought I would see a player surpass Colin Bell as our finest ever and my favourite, but Silva has done it. Sergio is the best striker I've seen and Yaya is in the same exalted company.
Big Dave is a fucking genius with the ball.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Love to see Yaya stay for another season, were not exactly bursting with central midfielders are we.
Have serious doubts if we will see Gundo fulfill his potential after this latest set back, F1 is getting on, Garcia isnt getting a look in, Delph and F2 are putrid footballers and are just taking up space they are a waste of fresh air.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a thought - and it's certainly not our problem, thankfully - but didn't Ibrahimovitch only sign a one year contract at the Scum ??

When they don't qualify for the Champions League for next season, I wonder if his ego won't allow him to settle for another year in the 'backwaters' of the Europa and he'll bail out from the Salford Swampland ??

Under such circumstances, would he want to stay in the Premier League, or would he consider going to China as a big fish in a small pond ??

I suspect they plan to win Europa League to get in CL next season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a thought - and it's certainly not our problem, thankfully - but didn't Ibrahimovitch only sign a one year contract at the Scum ??

I suspect they plan to win Europa League to get in CL next season.

I'm surmising you're referring to UEFA here Prez ?? :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned, I saw a couple of days ago that O'Neill had ruled himself out of the Leicester job.

Seriously, Martin fucking O'Neill doesn't want the job? Does the man actually have a conscience and think he's damaged the Premier League enough?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:28 am

Let's be honest now. Gundogan is nowhere near the level of Yaya. We started the season well, then tried to shoe horn Ilkay in and it all went wrong. Yaya returns and we generally look a lot better. He does the same as before minus the lung busting runs, but his know how shines through. We have a squad where you would need three players to replace him. Delph,
clubfoot Fern and Gundogan combined are not as good as one Yaya. Massage his ego, give him a ton of cash and he'll sign....possibly some jaffa cakes too.

A bit unfair on Ilkay there Piccs, we never got the chance to see him play the pivot as Fernandinho was doing so well there at the time. When Yaya came back in he got to play there regularly when Fernandinho got suspended.

Reportedly none of our players out of contract this summer have been approached about a new deal, yet.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

A bit unfair on Ilkay there Piccs, we never got the chance to see him play the pivot as Fernandinho was doing so well there at the time. When Yaya came back in he got to play there regularly when Fernandinho got suspended.

Reportedly none of our players out of contract this summer have been approached about a new deal, yet.

We were all a little underwhelmed at first when Sane first started playing in the team, but if Gundogan can get himself fit for next season, no matter how slowly he might start, he could eventually flourish in the same way that Sane has of late.

Pep must have seen something in Gundogan that he likes and wants for the team, so a little patience is in order here, I feel.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bluedj » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

We were all a little underwhelmed at first when Sane first started playing in the team, but if Gundogan can get himself fit for next season, no matter how slowly he might start, he could eventually flourish in the same way that Sane has of late.

Pep must have seen something in Gundogan that he likes and wants for the team, so a little patience is in order here, I feel.

I remember stating on another thread, that Gundogan seemed to have found another yard of pace, just before he got injured again, so I agree with you here MC
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum