EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:Under 23s 3-2 up at Arsenal.

Went 2-0 up with two from Ambrose. Arsenal got it back to 2-2 and Nmecha has put us 3-2 up.

Ended 3-3
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby alberfenoll » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 am

Phil Foden vs Stoke City

Watch on youtube.com

Brahim DIAZ vs Stoke City

Watch on youtube.com
alberfenoll
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Málaga
My favourite player is: Brahim Diaz

Postby alberfenoll » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 am

Jadon Sancho vs Arsenal

Watch on youtube.com

Brahim Diaz vs Arsenal

Watch on youtube.com
alberfenoll
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Málaga
My favourite player is: Brahim Diaz

Postby Justified logic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 am

Nice vids there alberfenoll.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Justified logic wrote:Nice vids there alberfenoll.

Seconded JL.

The comment made on here by the Middlesborough fans, before the Cup Game, about City's diminutive players running riot, seems just as appropriate in this case.

There used to be a boxing adage that "A good big 'un, always beats a good little 'un". However, with regards to City's youngsters, in seasons to come, I could well see them turning this concept on its ends as, with their lower centres of gravity, coupled with incredible technique, they'll be unstoppable by fair means.

Absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to see some of them as regulars in the first team.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:13 am

The FA Youth Cup semi at WHL was on ITV4 last night and I see that the return leg on Saturday will also be on ITV4. Our semi last Friday wasn't on TV. Anyone know why and whether the return leg in Stoke on 3rd April will be?
Justified logic

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:15 am

craigmcfc wrote:Great to see Joleon Lescott there with his 2 lads too. The second leg is live on ITV4
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:14 am

The 18's game v Utd won't be at the CFA stadium as the women are playing there at 2pm. Hence no advertising the game which will be played on one of the outside pitches. Getting in for such games can at times be a little difficult as I don't think City want fans at these games when they are not in the stadium.They are not geared up for any sort of crowd.There is very little seating and it's that viable to just stand near the side of the pitch as then you are in the way of those that are seated.

All I ever do is turn up and the gate, press the intercom button and tell the person you have come to watch the 18's game. Most of the time they will let you in but every so often they play silly buggers and say it's a behind closed doors game. Eventually though the fans have always got in with some complaining and somebody sensible inside gets involved.

I do worry though as it's Utd and there may be more than usual turn up whether it might be a problem on Saturday. I will be getting there early and hoping for the best. definitely not a great idea to turn up at the 11 start time imo.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks again Doug. Regrettably I'll probably give it a miss tomorrow. Don't fancy trekking over from West Yorkshire to be told I can't get in! Looking forward to your report though.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am

craigmcfc wrote:Thanks again Doug. Regrettably I'll probably give it a miss tomorrow. Don't fancy trekking over from West Yorkshire to be told I can't get in! Looking forward to your report though.

Probably for the best. Seems a Utd fan has been told its behind closed doors but I just hope we will get in as regular faces.Would be very sad if we didn't. Shame they didn't move this game to the Etihad but that's probably too sensible.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Yeah I've just seen a tweet from Supporter Services confirming it's behind closed doors and supporters will be unable to watch the fixture.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:09 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Yeah I've just seen a tweet from Supporter Services confirming it's behind closed doors and supporters will be unable to watch the fixture.

I'll just have to go and find out ::))
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Lads, we're about to find out how high up the chain Mr Higginbottom is!

Good luck Doug
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Bring the ladder Doug.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 am

Justified logic wrote:The FA Youth Cup semi at WHL was on ITV4 last night and I see that the return leg on Saturday will also be on ITV4. Our semi last Friday wasn't on TV. Anyone know why and whether the return leg in Stoke on 3rd April will be?

Yes - 'ITV4 broadcast three live games a season from the FA Youth Cup including live coverage of the semi-finals and final.'

according to this
http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-r ... on-tv.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:49 am

They broadcast more than 3. If both legs of the other semi are on, and our second leg is on too. Then there's both legs of the final too
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 am

Must mean ties rather than games as they broadcast the semis and final. They may have omitted our first leg as it clashed with the snooker tournament, I think it was, that they were covering. Pity they couldn't show our game at a later time/date though.

Anyway, today's u18 game. Is it being shown anywhere?
Justified logic

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:30 pm

It isn't and a few tweets make me think that Doug won't have been allowed in. Twosips was turned away at the gate and he usually gets in without a problem.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:41 pm

craigmcfc wrote:It isn't and a few tweets make me think that Doug won't have been allowed in. Twosips was turned away at the gate and he usually gets in without a problem.

If Doug had his ushanka and furs on he may have got in.
Justified logic

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Sad day for City that they can't cope with allowing fans in for an 18's game. The only people allowed in were family and even then only if there name was on a list. One family turned up with an extra member ( 4 years old) and they wouldn't let him in! The people on the gate ( not their fault of course) didn't really know why we couldn't go in but just that we couldn't.

Utd fans, not that many, just thought it was laughable. Hard to know what to say but just agree. So I watched the match from close to the gate I wasn't allowed through and although it was a distance away I could see enough to get a good feel of what was going on. I think Utd deserved it when they went in front. Good goal from their perspective but we just allowed their best player to run on and score. Never a good plan.

We didn't have either Sancho or Diaz so missing the magic they produce but the equaliser from Nmecha. Not sure who played the ball down the inside right channel for him to fire low and hard across the keeper. An even game after that to half time. Davenport off and Smith on was the only change I could see at half time. Utd took the lead after some passing round the back went horribly wrong. Yoo far away for me to see much but we clearly lost the ball and the next thing I see is the ball saining from their left into an empty net, with no keeper in view.

Utd hadnt been looking that good till then and for a few minutes I was really worried but we steadied it and then plenty started happening. The goal we scored came from a hopeful cross but at least one that landed in a good area. It was quite windy so easy to misjudge and the loose ball fell to Nmecha who scored easily. After that we had 3 1 on 1's.The keeper saved two. Wilson was one but I am not sure about the other and then Nmecha scraped the post with the other.

Throw in a few great breaks we had which looked like we must score but somehow the final pass was simply bad. Utd also threatened on the break on one occasion I was amazed we somehow kept it out. I was surprised at 2.1 that Utd took off their best attacking player which said a lot about their thinking. maybe 2.2 a fair result but those chances we missed in the last 20 was quite annoying.

Not as annoying though as City being unable to handle an 18's game with fans.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum