As things stand today......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

As it stands today this season has been

A huge fucking let down
12%
A little bit shit
48%
What I expected, pep needs time
23%
No problem, I can see the improvement
12%
Good
5%

Total votes : 66

As things stand today......

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Has this season been a massive disappointment?

I see a lot of people angry like me, but have read loads of opinions from people who didn't expect to win anything this season as well. I personally don't see us beating arsenal and whoever wins the other semi, but if we manage it and stay 2nd I'd say it's been the bare minimum and a pass mark.

As it stands today it's been a massive let down for me. I'm not saying I expected to win the league or champs league, but the hype around pep was he would get the best out of players and for me that meant we would be truly competitive in both. Weve been out the hunt in the league for months and now we're out the cl as well I've been struggling with this and how it can be anything other than a fucking nightmare season. So what's everyone else think?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: As things stand today......

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 pm

I've gone for good. A cup semi final and a possible top 2 finish. Not earth shattering but a solid effort.
we shall see at the end of season where the chips have fallen but I for one am fairly happy at present. Of course that may change if the last couple of months tail off but the last few seasons we have tended to finish strongly so keep hoping.

Yes, Pep has made errors, but he is still learning this league and about our opponents. Next season we will see a marked improvement. If we don't for whatever reason then that will be another hotly debated topic.

A win on Sunday would help as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:05 am

A little bit shit... like letting out a fart that turns out to be slightly wet. Uncomfortable until you can change, but not a "I have shit dripping down my leg" emergency.

Basically this: :?
Not this: :o
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 am

bigblue wrote:A little bit shit... like letting out a fart that turns out to be slightly wet. Uncomfortable until you can change, but not a "I have shit dripping down my leg" emergency.

Quality analogy
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:17 am

I like not bought the Pep hype and not writing him off, but what have we really improved on this season? Sane and Sterling is pretty much the only bright spot that I feel is Pep related. Defense are still shit, Keeper worse, midfield not a lot different but cost us with the Yaya debacle and our results will be worse unless we win the Fa cup, not what I thought we'd be seeing this season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:40 am

I've gone for good. I don't get why everyone is so miserable about it. Did you all expect Pep would come in and win everything in year 1
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:25 am

Ive slagged him off but since have found out that he actually wanted 7 signings which he DID NOT get during the summer ,so basically its that fucking spanish cunt that needs to go do one ffs !!!!

Ill write off this season based on this new info that has come to light as LONG AS he gets us in 3rd spot and a decent run to the final in the FA cup...he doesn't even need to win it ( how can he with the fucking spastics he has available in defense!!)

I like PEP and I think he will eventually do the job he was brought in to do.......as far as this season is concerned -
well its been typical City imo.....gave us a hard on but we end up wanking instead of fucking.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:55 am

bigblue wrote:A little bit shit... like letting out a fart that turns out to be slightly wet. Uncomfortable until you can change, but not a "I have shit dripping down my leg" emergency.

Send this post to the Classic Post Forum.

Best one this year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:11 am

PeterParker wrote:

Best one this year.

+1
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 am

Feed The Goat wrote:I've gone for good. I don't get why everyone is so miserable about it. Did you all expect Pep would come in and win everything in year 1

You said exactly that and continue to insist on it!
The football is no more exciting. Pep is not a tactical genius. The results are no better in general. The defence is not better. The attack is worse. We're still a long way off.
Having said all that, if we win the FA cup then I will count it as a successful season.
We probably need to qualify for the CL too really. And if the shite didn't that would make it better.
But certainly "a bit shit" is a fair assessment. As is the wet fart comparison.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Justified logic » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:12 am

Guardiola has made tactical mistakes. It seems he is not getting or not listening to local knowledge, making his learning curve for the PL and the quality of the squad a steeper one than it really needed to be.

We have had 3 players out long-term, 4 if Yaya's exclusion is included. Unlucky rather than poor medical care.

Our defence has been weak, for whatever reason, and not helped by constant rotation of CBs and changes of FBs.

We have often not been clinical in front of goal and have lost points because of it.

Youths who could come in to cover injuries, suspensions and poor form have been sent out on loan - mid-season.

Guardiola made a bad mistake bringing Bravo straight into the team (at Old Toilet, no less) and sticking with him, without understanding what qualities are required of a keeper in England.

We have played some sublime football at times, truly orgasmic.

But overall, this season has been a bit shit considering where we have been and where we want to be. It is a pity Guardiola is such an arrogant prick. Other 'world class' managers are available.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dub City » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 am

The biggest problem has undoubtedly been the goal keeper. Personally I thought hart needed replacing. Didn't know a huge amount about Bravo just a few Copa America matches and few Barcelona games but came with a decent reputation. From the moment he dropped cross against Rags and they scored he looked scared shitless and think most of us have been aswell with him. Tried give him benefit of doubt and time but he has been a disaster. Was he given too much time, yes and it cost us points.

I don't remember many complaining about the exclusion of Yaya at the start of the season when Pep finally shut that prick of an agent up. Had Gundogun not had his injury I don't think yaya would have played half as many games but again think it was a mistake leaving him on bench 90 mins mid week v Monaco.

Overall I don't think we have had a good season but if we win cup and second / third spot in league would call it acceptable no more. Next season with new full backs, centre half and please god a decent keeper I don't think anything less than winning the title will be acceptable to us. And hopefully we won't have hot endure Navas blind alley runs and crosses that hit a man 1 in 100. Looking forward to seeing if Roberts will come back and force his way into the squad. Not been a regular at Celtic but think he could be an option as back up Sane and Sterling and hopefully when one of these rested not such a huge step down in shape and directness.

Overall quite optimistic that he is going to get it right next year when has shifted on more of the deadwood.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bluedj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:I've gone for good. I don't get why everyone is so miserable about it. Did you all expect Pep would come in and win everything in year 1

You said exactly that and continue to insist on it!
The football is no more exciting. Pep is not a tactical genius. The results are no better in general. The defence is not better. The attack is worse. We're still a long way off.
Having said all that, if we win the FA cup then I will count it as a successful season.
We probably need to qualify for the CL too really. And if the shite didn't that would make it better.
But certainly "a bit shit" is a fair assessment. As is the wet fart comparison.

The BIG problem here is, that Pep will play the midget clown in goal in either or both (if we get there) semi & the final. If he (Pep) does what we all expect him to do and play the clown, there is no way in a million years will we win the FA Cup!

This is really what pisses me off most about this season because the midget has cost us so many points this season. Zabba saved his arse against Boro making the goal line saves
Last edited by Bluedj on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby gilford » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 am

I'm disappointed, if Pellers (a pretty much unheard of Manager in the grand scheme of things, who hadn't managed in Europe) can come in a do what he did in his first season I cannot see how the best manager on the planet can be given any grace for what he has done in his first year.

In hindsight Pellers first year was epic!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 am

gilford wrote:

I'm disappointed, if Pellers (a pretty much unheard of Manager in the grand scheme of things, who hadn't managed in Europe) can come in a do what he did in his first season I cannot see how the best manager on the planet can be given any grace for what he has done in his first year.

In hindsight Pellers first year was epic!

This. I don't think anyone is asking for the treble. But we can't keep saying "it's a project", "it'll take time" - the same people were saying how Pep would come in and that would be it, things would change. The fact is our defence is still shaky (I think it shows how poor everyone else's defence is that we're 4th best in the league) and we're still replying on Mancini's players to get us through games on the whole - Silva, Yaya, Aguero.

If Pep had come in and said, "you know what, my plan A might not work over here, we might not have the players to do it, it'll take time, there needs to be a plan B" then fair enough. But he's an arrogant man that thinks his way is best and even when he's wrong he's right. Our defence can't play those triangles. It's obvious. Wednesday night there were chances for us to attack Monaco but we kept going back to mess about with it. That comes from Pep.

If he's not prepared to have a plan B then I'm not prepared to give him the time of day.

Mancini came in and the first thing he did was shore the defence up. We were getting 1-0 wins until the defence was solid. Pep doesn't seem to recognise that and just wants to take the KK approach and as long as they're getting 3 we'll get 4. And Pep's had, what, four years to plan for this?! That doesn't work against the good teams because nine times out of ten their defence is good. We were lucky that Monaco have a turd defence and goalkeeper to get five in the first leg.

I just can't warm to the guy at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 am

After an unbelievable dream start to the season I am now feeling fucked off , frustrated and a tad let down as a fan and season card holder both by the club and pep . Our defence is the worst I can remember for maybe 15 - 20 years but the daftest thing is the team is the closest it has been to being magnificent , but anyone can beat us if that makes sense ? The club MCFC are being messed about by the FA , sections of the media and doing fuck all about it ........

yeah I am fucked off and frustrated big time !!!

Good thread btw !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 am

would have said shit but all the let downs this season have been made up for by the quality of the champions league travel gear. kiddo in that dsqaured outfit was classic as was turning up to monaco looking like the milk tray men. really pleased to see us focusing on what matters.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 am

I've put 'what I expected.' That's not quite true, however, as I thought we'd be challenging for the league more effectively. The reason I had a nagging doubt in my mind was that the squad Guardiola inherited was the same one that did not try the season before apart from the first half-dozen games and 20 mins at home to Everton in the latter part of the season. I can see the style of football has changed for the better but this is not for a sustained period of time, 20 mins here, 30 mins there. Our performances against Barcelona, the scum in the league and Monaco in the first game, where we came back from adversity with some outstanding attacking play have been highlights (and I don't think that Barcelona result, given how we changed our style of play in the second half, would have happened under any of our previous managers).

I was and am happy to see the back of Hart but until Willy came in that turned out to be an appalling decision that seriously effected our whole season and may still do so in the cup game to come. We also have some serious short-comings at the back that I am absolutely positive will be addressed in the summer. So I am positive about next season as I think we will see a transformation in how the team functions as a whole. We also start the season with Gundogan and Jesus fit, which is an exciting prospect.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Best one this year.

+1

Say's it all. A little bit shit. Could have been better, not entirely the end of the world.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby aaron bond » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

So far it's been a little bit shit.

The positives - there have been some outstanding performances, particularly United away in the league, Barca at home and Monaco at home. I thought Pep handled the Yaya situation well at the start of the season and Yaya's performances have generally been very good since he's been back in the side (to the point where he should have been playing against Monaco in the second leg for at least part of the game). We're building the foundations of a great attacking side, but probably need at least one more striker and better back-ups for Sane and Sterling so that we're more clinical.

The negatives - the defence is an absolute shambles and needs a complete overhaul. Bravo has been a disaster. We've been on the end of too many hammerings and no one fears playing us any more. The lack of urgency to make substitutions when games are not going well has been frustrating and the lack of opportunities for youth players has been disappointing.

Finishing in the top 4 will be tough given our hard run-in so we really need the players and Pep to step up. I'm not confident considering how bad our defence is although with Willy in goal we are less likely to concede with the first shot the opposition has.

There is still time to make this a good season. A top 4 finish and the FA Cup would be great, but it will require a level of consistency in the remaining games that we've struggled to achieve so far this season after the first 10 games.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum