Legends Restaurant v Cityzens Restaurant

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Legends Restaurant v Cityzens Restaurant

Postby budfox » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello all.

I live hundreds of miles from The Etihad but promised to take my son to a game this season. We're going to the Palace match.

As a bit of a treat we've booked the Legends restaurant but a lady from the club called and asked if we'd like to "upgrade" to the Citzyzens restaurant. Total extra cost for the two of us is £55.00. I know that Cityzens is on the halfway line, and that Legends is at a corner.

With all other factors being equal, is it worth paying the extra money? I don't mind doing so, and I hope nobody minds me asking.

Many thanks for any help provided.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Re: Legends Restaurant v Cityzens Restaurant

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:06 pm

budfox wrote:Hello all.

I live hundreds of miles from The Etihad but promised to take my son to a game this season. We're going to the Palace match.

As a bit of a treat we've booked the Legends restaurant but a lady from the club called and asked if we'd like to "upgrade" to the Citzyzens restaurant. Total extra cost for the two of us is £55.00. I know that Cityzens is on the halfway line, and that Legends is at a corner.

With all other factors being equal, is it worth paying the extra money? I don't mind doing so, and I hope nobody minds me asking.

Many thanks for any help provided.

Not been to either of those. I have been in one of the boxes on halfway of level 2 for a corporate do though a couple of seasons ago. Your lad will enjoy the game more from a level 2 halfway view. If you have the dosh, go for it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby budfox » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Thanks for that, I shall go for the Cityzens restaurant then. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford this, but also wise enough to know that sometimes more expensive isn't necessarily better.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Did anyone else open this thread expecting it to be about a charity/friendly football match?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby budfox » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Did anyone else open this thread expecting it to be about a charity/friendly football match?

In my defence I did write "restaurant" after both. Sorry for any confusion/disappointment.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

budfox wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Did anyone else open this thread expecting it to be about a charity/friendly football match?

In my defence I did write "restaurant" after both. Sorry for any confusion/disappointment.

My attention was grabbed by the 'v' in the middle.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby ELDABYERPUSS » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 pm

my son and i are coming down from scotland for the palace game as well .did they give you a definite date for the game.as we are loooking to book a hotel and transport .
ELDABYERPUSS
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: dundee
My favourite player is: declan gallagher

Postby budfox » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 pm

ELDABYERPUSS wrote:my son and i are coming down from scotland for the palace game as well .did they give you a definite date for the game.as we are loooking to book a hotel and transport .

Well I don't know if the game can/will move but a full refund is available if it does move and we can't make the new date.

Of course that doesn't help you with a hotel and transport and it's why we'll be driving up. Might book a hotel if we reach a point where the game date is 100% confirmed.

There's no FA Cup clash to worry about of course, and no Champion's League :-( so I'd like to think there's a reasonable chance of it being played on the scheduled date. Even the Sunday would be OK but if it moves to Monday night then that would be a problem.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Do the Legends visit both lounges? My cousin took me to legends lounge on last day of 2014 season when Nasri scored to give us title, I met my childhood hero, Big Joe! I think I enjoyed that more than winning the league!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
budfox wrote:

My attention was grabbed by the 'v' in the middle.

Charity foody fight? I'd go!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby budfox » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 am

ELDABYERPUSS wrote:my son and i are coming down from scotland for the palace game as well .did they give you a definite date for the game.as we are loooking to book a hotel and transport .

Hi

Just spoke to the club as I went for the upgrade. The game will certainly be that weekend, but it could move to Sunday or earlier/later Saturday.

I just hope it doesn't go to a midday K/O on the Saturday as they don't refund for the same day but I'd have to go for a hotel on the Friday night. Fingers crossed.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ELDABYERPUSS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 am

Hi thanks for the reply.will just have to hold off for a little longer before booking anything.
ELDABYERPUSS
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: dundee
My favourite player is: declan gallagher

Return to The Maine Football forum