***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Pen and red card = game over.

Fed up

Of course. And we have people on this very thread saying it was total entertainment and the way it should be.

We were robbed again today. Why anyone would want to disregard that and say it was a fair result is beyond me.

It's bad enough watching them do it on sky

I agree with you most of the time. We don't get enough calls. It stinks. But can you please fucking atop with the "people on this site" nonsense. You mention it in every fucking post, like it would make your standpoint more valid.

Oliver had a shocker today, but it was still a very entertaining game and IMO a draw was a fair result (Wijnaldum could also have had a penalty after Yaya's clumsy challenge). If you take off you tin foil hat, you might enjoy a game or two as well.

Fuck off you little imp - I point out facts and I'm the one with a tin foil hat?

I enjoy games that are reffed properly. That way the best team wins.

You keep on enjoying games where the rules keep changing if you like. That's up to you. But don't fucking pass comment on my reaction each time we get fucked over just because you want to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it's ok.

So you didn't enjoy the game tonight at all? That's your loss. I'm still tired of the "there's people on this site" bullshit. Just say that the game was fixed and be over with it. You don't have to bring up other people's opinions every time you do. That's either trying to validate your own opinion by discrediting other's or being unnecessarily (and passive aggressively aimlessly) confrontational. If you want to call someone out, just do it instead of hiding behind "some people".

And imp? Seriously?

Tin foil hat?
Exactly.

I never said the game was fixed. At least not outright fixed. I'm quite confident there is two or three bent officials.
I also believe there is too much coincidence for it to be solely incompetence, so there is a massive amount of bias in there too.

Anyway, the fact remains that saying a game was a fair result when it clearly wasn't is deluded.

Not the other way around.

I can't believe I've to explain that.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:40 pm

I think Most are just relieved to see the llama miss that sitter. Arrogant prick that he is (on the field).
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I am really curious how many decisions went against us since we won the title in 2014 and people understood that 2012 was no accident and we really are a threat.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MUS » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm

When we start to consistently score the goals we should be scoring then we will be challenging for everything. Even if we scored just 50% of the sitters we've missed this season we'd be right up there with Chelsea. One would hope it will click soon or all of this would count for nothing. We're nearly there, let's just hope we don't make a habit of this and become "nearly men". Come on City.

P.S., I watched the match in a bar in Tokyo. Full of mad Japanese footy fans, mostly Liverpool obviously but it was good to see some city shirts dotted around too. It's a good time for us, and it'll only get better. Even with the clear bias from the refs. Fuck em I say.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:Can I also say, big Willy yet again was class. Couldn't have changed my opinion more on him.

Totally agree. Good with his feet today and made some proper first keeper saves.

Today was one of his better games. Made 3 excellent saves and distribution not bad either. If bravo played we would have lost 1-3.
My man of the match.
Well done willy son.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?

They're both worse than Milner at left back, I'm afraid. And that's painful to admit.

That is absolute bollocks

No way , ever, EVER is Milner a left back.

The fact is , because he can not cut it in midfield, they have to push him to play in the defense. Captain because he speaks English. Henderson can't read , so who else have they got ??

He had the better of Sterling today. I doubt Clichy or Kolarov would've.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm

mr_nool wrote:
zuricity wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:Are we still pretending Clichy is a better defender than Kolarov. Or can we dispel that myth now?

They're both worse than Milner at left back, I'm afraid. And that's painful to admit.

The fact is , because he can not cut it in midfield, they have to push him to play in the defense. Captain because he speaks English. Henderson can't read , so who else have they got ??

Had the better of Sterling but he should have given away a pen on him??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Sterling tried hard but so ineffectual it's untrue.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Oliver and that Lino deffo on Gills payroll.

Maureen virtually called him a cunt on Monday and I agree with him.

Worst Ref in the Prem.

I thought we played brilliant.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:
zuricity wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

No, Milner most certainly did not have Sterling under control.

Seriously ! behave .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Oliver and that Lino deffo on Gills payroll.

Worst Ref in the Prem.

That lino wound me up no end and to make matters worse none of the offside calls he gave against Sterling were replayed, the fact that they weren't makes me suspicious that he was on.

This is Sky all over, the shower of cunts, editing the game to suit the dipper fanbase.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Worst Ref in the Prem.

That lino wound me up no end and to make matters worse none of the offside calls he gave against Sterling were replayed, the fact that they weren't makes me suspicious that he was on.

This is Sky all over, the shower of cunts, editing the game to suit the dipper fanbase.

That's exactly it.

Watch the "highlights" loop they're showing on ssn.
They show milner up ending sterling in the box and all they say over it is

"Sterling missed a great chance to put city ahead".

Heavily heavily edited.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Worst Ref in the Prem.

That's exactly it.

Watch the "highlights" loop they're showing on ssn.
They show milner up ending sterling in the box and all they say over it is

"Sterling missed a great chance to put city ahead".

Heavily heavily edited.

It pisses me right off, I watch on mute now or have the sound low enough that I can hear the crowd but can't make out what the cunts are saying.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 pm

It should never have to be like that but it's getting worse. To watch these terrible decisions and how they affect the team's momentum in each game is hard enough, but then to have the media sweep it away like it didn't really affect the outcome of the game is just sickening.

The first thing martin tyler said after the break was that the incident was too hard to see in real time and that it was really sterling's fault anyway "for not being more aggressive towards the ball".

Then the papers tomorrow will focus on the "pure entertainment" of it all.

And meanwhile we have been raped on our own ground by officials against the last three of our main rivals. In each case the officials directly affected the outcome of the game and instead of 9 points against chelsea, spurs and liverpool we got fucking TWO.

But it's ok, they were all very entertaining. And isn't that the most important thing.

We've to listen to discussions in the media week in, week out about the big gap between city and chelsea and wondering how it happened.
And they pander out every reason except the bizarre decisions that turned each game completely on its head.

Twilight Zone
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 pm

not one of mine though
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image

not one of mine though

He's just beaten Milner's all time greatest team though. Of course he's happy..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm

What I particularly enjoyed today was the players going up to the officials at the end of the game and shaking hands. They always do it and did the same with A Taylor at the end of the Chelsea game. We have a team that get fucked over by the officials and the players go and thank them at the end. I want a fucking cull of biblical proportions this summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:It should never have to be like that but it's getting worse. To watch these terrible decisions and how they affect the team's momentum in each game is hard enough, but then to have the media sweep it away like it didn't really affect the outcome of the game is just sickening.

The first thing martin tyler said after the break was that the incident was too hard to see in real time and that it was really sterling's fault anyway "for not being more aggressive towards the ball".

Then the papers tomorrow will focus on the "pure entertainment" of it all.

And meanwhile we have been raped on our own ground by officials against the last three of our main rivals. In each case the officials directly affected the outcome of the game and instead of 9 points against chelsea, spurs and liverpool we got fucking TWO.

But it's ok, they were all very entertaining. And isn't that the most important thing.

We've to listen to discussions in the media week in, week out about the big gap between city and chelsea and wondering how it happened.
And they pander out every reason except the bizarre decisions that turned each game completely on its head.

Twilight Zone

Not seen the game But just had a text off a good mate of mine ( Liverpool fan)
Who said he is far far more happier with the point
Than I will be . I was Reading the thread throughout the Match and when I see that Quin says we should have had a nailed on pen ,
I guess my mates right ,

I'm with You Dub it all stinks to me
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:48 pm

And if anyone thinks Aguero, or any other cunt in that forward line is safe this summer they must be mad. How many fucking chances do we need to score a goal these days?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Just home in South Wales after enduring train ride home and scousers harping on about their istree - which they confirmed to be defined as the number of pots they've won, the glory hunter scum bags. Can't get why we don't like Milner and also said they hate sterling cos he left for more money! Sickos the lot of them and pissed off that we were robbed in another game.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum