***city v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby BookJunior » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm

The FA want more money ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39333531

The cards are stacked against us by UEFA and the FA.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm telling you it's edited to suit the brand.

They must think we're children. Reading through some rections on here after the match they're probably right.

Great game fair result. And the highlights reel on sky since proves it.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:The other thing is that sky failed to show the replay of several offside calls......did they only choose to show the ones that were actually offside, I remember Sterling being insensed after one decision....and what do you known...no replay!

Where I sit in the stadium I can see the television monitors on the gantry where the commentators sit. Whenever a call is wrong and goes against us it does not get replayed (particularly off-sides) but any chance of casting an aspersion on us if we score a goal and it is non-stop replays. I can always tell if we've been screwed as sky don't show a replay.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Scatman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

BookJunior wrote:The FA want more money ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39333531

The cards are stacked against us by UEFA and the FA.

And its the first time players have argued with the ref is it? Cunts.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I looked at that incident and instantly thought that we'd get charged even though there was no chasing or harrassing from the players, just Dave having a word.

How bad is it when i automatically think that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'm telling you it's edited to suit the brand.

They must think we're children. Reading through some rections on here after the match they're probably right.

Great game fair result. And the highlights reel on sky since proves it.

Don't have Sky as I wouldn't pay good money for shit so don't know what you mean.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:The other thing is that sky failed to show the replay of several offside calls......did they only choose to show the ones that were actually offside, I remember Sterling being insensed after one decision....and what do you known...no replay!

Where I sit in the stadium I can see the television monitors on the gantry where the commentators sit. Whenever a call is wrong and goes against us it does not get replayed (particularly off-sides) but any chance of casting an aspersion on us if we score a goal and it is non-stop replays. I can always tell if we've been screwed as sky don't show a replay.

Is NBCSN owned by News Corp? They didn't show replays either. Anyway, I was under the impression that the footage was shot by a 'camera company' and syndicated, if that's the right word, to the various TV companies to do their own commentary on.
Justified logic

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

This FA charge just about sums it all up for me .

The Premier League Is Bent And The Rag Exec Run FA And Sky Are Bang At It !!!

Anyone notice this pattern of events ........ West Ham at home , Sky go huge on Aguero elbow , Aguero gets 4 game ban from FA . Chelsea at home . Rag cunt ref shafts us big time with a whole host of openly corrupt decisions , game turned on its head and we end up with 9 men on the pitch and both get banned , no punishment on or off the pitch for Chelsea and err was it Sky again covering the game massively editing all the decisions that went against us ??? getting rid of the evidence ??? Oh and now this shit ...... FA charge us , Sky show the game live we get shafted by the officials then Sky "produce" some shit edited footage to "help" the FA charge us for fuck all !!!

and it goes on and on and on and on and on .........................
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Dimples » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:40 pm

This season has gone to a new level - they are not even trying to hide it anymore.
The script is: get the Rags in the top 4, get City out of the top 4. Use the refs to implement.
It makes no difference if it is obvious. Use Sky(who are driving this agenda) to bury a lot of it by selective replays.
The FA will impose bans on City for the slightest thing, whilst ignoring the Rags thuggery, etc...

A pound to a penny there is a power struggle going on behind closed doors.
Our club Vs. Sky, FA, etc...

Next season will tell who has won.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm

BBC just shown the highlights. No mention of the Penalty. I think this is the chance now for either an acceptance or all guns blazing. The fact a lot of it is on our pitch. Will make it very easy for the club. Here is the DVD take a look and lets go through every incident. The frustration is season long not just the 19/3 where're we see another appalling performance from all officials.Time to tackle the bullies.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Based on what transpired on the pitch we were a little lucky to get a point.
Aguero missed alot of chances but that Lallana miss was by far worse and much more of a certain goal.

Draw is probably about right I'd say.

You're mentally challenged

I see tossing around insults is your go-to move.
Care to elaborate where you think i was wrong in my opinion and actually discuss it?

Oh but I've tried to do that before. In fact I called you out 4 times in the same thread when you went missing.

As I've said before, I'm ok with people wanting to learn a new sport.
But you don't seem to want to.

How can you say city were LUCKY yesterday?

Once again you have nothing to say.
Original Dub

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dub City » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

City were lucky to get a draw because, as i said, based on what transpired on the pitch (which means everything including ref decisions, whether they were right or wrong) Liverpool had the better chance to earn all 3 points. And by that i mean the Lallana chance.

If youre going to get into poor refereeing and/or hypotheticals then that is an entirely different argument. I specifically said based on what occurred in the match.

Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

KdB hitting the post was a half decent chance as well...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 pm

As was aguero's point blank miss.

No, I don't get your opinion on this at all saul goodman.

Even the pundits admitted afterwards that we had the better chances.

Include the fact that we should have had a penalty and they would have been down to ten men and you could all but guarantee a hiding after that.

Now, please explain why you think we were lucky again?
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Dub City wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Sorry chap. I dont check this website very often during the week. I didn't even see your last post.

Surely the best chance was Sterling when he was fouled with a tap in in 6 yard box there for him. Poor referring is not a different argument at all in this case.

Sterling had his foot kicked away from the ball as he was about to tap it in (didn't see it myself in realtime, only when Souness pointed it out and they replayed it at halftime) - KDB hit the upright - I'd say both of those were better chances than an average player making an unforced error. He was probably thinking of his next Nivea pay cheque when he missed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Dub City wrote:

Re-read both of my posts, man.
Saul Goodman

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:No, I don't get your opinion on this at all saul goodman.

Include the fact that we should have had a penalty and they would have been down to ten men and you could all but guarantee a hiding after that

Well you dont understand my opinion and I don't understand yours. Guess that's that.

And there you go again with hypotheticals. Shoudlve had a penalty. Wouldve been a hiding.
My post clearly and plainly stated based on what happened on the pitch. On the pitch the penalty wasnt given. On the pitch they had 11 men.
Saul Goodman

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

I understand pal, that's why the majority of us were not too down hearted when the final whistle blew... Despite the poor decisions for penalties against us Liverpool could very much have won that game under the same constraints
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Dub City wrote:

Re-read both of my posts, man.

But yours is a hypothetical as well: "better chance [Lallana's] to earn all 3 points".

A goal scored at any time during the match would have changed the game from then on. As Aguero's chance was the last good one of the game, City were unlucky to not go into the final minutes with a 2-1 lead. What would have happened after that would also be hypothetical - for instance, Liverpool may have scored two quick goals and won 2-3.
Justified logic

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum