Finishing Out Of TheTop 4 Could Be A Blessing.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Finishing Out Of TheTop 4 Could Be A Blessing.

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Last 2 Premier League Titles ( Leicester ,Chelsea) have been won by teams not competing in the Champions League.

Bearing this in mind would finishing out the top 4 this season really be a disaster, like some are making out. If I am being honest I can’t stand the competition, I know many other fans agree with my sentiments.

I would take Premier League Title every season over a run in the Champions League; I would even take the FA Cup.

I don’t think finishing out the top 4 will affect our Player recruitment either, Guardiola is selling a project. Not many players won’t want to play for him.

We sort our defence out at the end of this season, we don’t have distraction of the Champions League, next season could be our season. If we end up in the Europa, blood our youngsters.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Finishing Out Of TheTop 4 Could Be A Blessing.

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:18 pm

No it wouldn't be a disaster. I don't like the CL either, but would still be delighted if we did win it.
We're told the players want champions league football but there's too much made of that. Really they want money more.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm

More games in the EL than the CL and likely to go further so almost definitely more games.

I like the idea of blooding youths in the EL but only after the group stage has been won and the knock out rounds won in the first leg - shouldn't be disrespectful of clubs from other countries.

Would be good to win the EL though and wish we'd been able to do that when we were in it, to tick it off if nothing else.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Last 2 Premier League Titles ( Leicester ,Chelsea) have been won by teams not competing in the Champions League.

Bearing this in mind would finishing out the top 4 this season really be a disaster, like some are making out. If I am being honest I can’t stand the competition, I know many other fans agree with my sentiments.

I would take Premier League Title every season over a run in the Champions League; I would even take the FA Cup.

I don’t think finishing out the top 4 will affect our Player recruitment either, Guardiola is selling a project. Not many players won’t want to play for him.

We sort our defence out at the end of this season, we don’t have distraction of the Champions League, next season could be our season. If we end up in the Europa, blood our youngsters.

Interesting points. I myself am in full agreement in that I'd sooner see us win the PL year in year out than the CL once or maybe twice. No arguments from me there.

But the CL does bring in huge revenues that we do need. Last year in the run to the semi I think I read somewhere we earned close to £100m from all revenues associated with the CL. This year with the early exit, it will be a lower amount but it will still be significant. The EL simply doesn't match.

Also, both Chelsea and Leicester have had no European football whatsoever. We are hardly going to finish low enough that we don't qualify for any European competition. Playing Thursday night/Sunday afternoon is not the recipe for success either. So I take your point about the CL but unless we aren't in Europe full stop, then we really do need to be in the PL
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Personally I don't give two flying fucks about the Chumps League Corrupt as hell and well documented . League and cup for me .
But I feel Chumps is what the owners want and after what they have done for us who am I to argue
I hope we win it for them .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ruralblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm

We'll be in it next year however we won't win it not the year after. Though I feel we will have our hands on it within 3 years!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 pm

It would certainly be a blessing for sky and the rags would probably benefit most.

I think the champions league is another elite love in and I only want to win it to say we did once.

I wonder how many folk on here still think the main reason we lost over two ties v monaco was how we performed in the first half of the second leg?

What we did in the first leg was a fucking miracle and we should have been way out of sight hefore ever going over there for the second leg with the shocking officiating AGAIN.

I read an article today about how city underperform in big games.

Then they listed Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Monaco.
Apparently when we really need the points, we just can't seem to do it.

Anyway, what I want is video replays in full effect for the start of the 2019/2020 season (I hear it's being "trialed " from round 3 of the fa cup next season?)

And then I want to enjoy us dominate the league for years to come.

And I want these horrible fucking rants and subsequent rows on here to be something that happens rarely because of the scandal of a bad decision that slipped through the tightest of nets.
Original Dub

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Is there a rule stating that home teams can't show replays during the game like they do in rugby if not we should have every fucking decision against us on loop
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Give your heads a shake. It would be quite a fuck up for the club.
Possibly reason enough to sack Pep. It is afterall what he was brought on for.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Give your heads a shake. It would be quite a fuck up for the club.
Possibly reason enough to sack Pep. It is afterglow what he was brought on for.

Totally agree mate, we need the CL and not getting it would be disastrous in the long run. We're fighting for our lives at the moment with all these refereeing performances, just think what it will be like if we drop out of the top 4. Does anybody honestly think they'll let us back in?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 pm

No it wouldn't .

very strange refereeing has cost us the title season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:....We sort our defence out at the end of this season, we don’t have distraction of the Champions League, next season could be our season. If we end up in the Europa, blood our youngsters.

I don't think our owners regard it as a distraction.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sidSmith » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Is there a rule stating that home teams can't show replays during the game like they do in rugby if not we should have every fucking decision against us on loop

Yes. Not allowed to show contentious decisions inside the ground. Probably some bullshit about inciting the crowd, so rather than get the decisions right, they'd rather not let the clubs show the replays and let the officials run off home before the fans see the injustice.

The sooner we get technology to back up decisions the better for me.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum