Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Rumour mill and social media in overdrive that Alexis Sanchez has made his mind up to join City this summer . IF true what a signing he would be , BUT we are strong in that position with Sane , Stirling , Gab Jesus and Aguero so how / where would he fit in ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:39 pm

What's he like in goals.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:40 pm

On the bench.

On a serious not, no, fuck him. He is a mercenary, pure example of one. I am not interested in the likes of players like him or Eriksen who said we were not good enough to join us. Well, now they are not good enough to play here.
Last edited by PeterParker on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Where the hell would we put yet another winger?

We NEED defenders for crying out loud.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Where the hell would we put yet another winger?

Well for starters he could replace Bravo and when our other wingers need a rest he should be fresh
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Good player, but already 28 so probably going to start declining soon and I'm sceptical about his attitude. A big, fat NO from me
Fidel Castro

Supporter of: City

Postby PrezIke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Where the hell would we put yet another winger?

We are an attacking team that does not score at a rate that we should.

Of course we need defenders, but we also need more cutting edge on the other end as well given the way we play. If we scored all of these missed chances, or even half of them we'd be much better off. It's not just Kun, but for all of his quality, he has had his fair share of muffed chances, and while he creates, he is not as comfortable/natural/pacey running with the ball from deep to create. He often gets caught now when he drops deeper to receive the ball. He creates better when in the final third, as we saw in a few games, and it is sad to say all of this, but Pep can also let him go to whatever club he wants, for the most part (hopefully not Chelsea or Utd).

How this will all pan out is a true mystery. Could still see Kun actually staying and fighting for his place with Sanchez, Jesus, Sterling and Sane next season or he's gone to wherever he wants if we add a big name forward/winger who can score.

I think Kun is amazing, but I see why Pep questions his value with the way we play. He's doing more than he has, and is without question a club and PL legend...yet, I can see the need for change.

Sanchez works his arse off and maybe it's just a personality thing between Kun vs Alexis and Pep. Kun and Pep may not be meshing and sometimes that's enough if you think both players are close to the same level.

We shall see.
Last edited by PrezIke on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Good player, but already 28 so probably going to start declining soon and I'm sceptical about his attitude. A big, fat NO from me

Age is actually ideal since we have 3 players for the future rising in Jesus, Sane and Sterling.

We don't want a young forward. in 3 years they will be ready to take over.

Sanchez's so-called attitude has been poor while the team has been in free fall the past few months. He wasn't last season, no?

There really seems to be a significant mentality issue at Arsenal, and arguably related to a management issue that is also sad, but increasingly a sign of reality. While not dismissing Alexis's ego/selfishess as a variable, I suspect this is because he is THAT good compared to his teammates. Ozil is not at his level mentality wise, at all. Sanchez doesn't disappear, he seems to get frustrated. In fairness, so did we see this from Kun last season, but Sanchez has always worked more on both ends, is more comfortable operating from deep, and can play out wide, which is far more useful in Pep's system.

I suspect he will do fine on a team performing at the level they should. I think he is quite frustrated and if on a better team would be a beast.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Our bench players as it is are mainly:

Nolito
Nacho
Navas
Fernando
Zabs
Kompany
Clownio

Yes Jesus will return but probably then some one else will be on the sidelines.
I would argue that over a 50-60 game season we will find a place for a quality player like Sanchez.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm

City64 wrote:Rumour mill and social media in overdrive that Alexis Sanchez has made his mind up to join City this summer . IF true what a signing he would be , BUT we are strong in that position with Sane , Stirling , Gab Jesus and Aguero so how / where would he fit in ???

Instead of both Navas and Nolito?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Wasn't too bothered when he chose Barca, partly as we couldn't compete with them then and partly as I'd seen little of him. However, i was really impressed with him the first time we played Barca and i saw him live. He was the one chasing down the back 4, constantly putting them under pressure, letting others play when we gave the ball away.

This season for Arsenal, he was trying the same but with no support from his teammates. He was going mad at them, but does that suggest a bad attitude or a winner? I suspect the latter, which is why he'll be unhappy at Arsenal. His attitude, aggression, pressing and general quality would be perfect for us, but I suspect he'd be expensive and his age is against him for the price.

Would still have him, but wish we'd got him when he went to Arsenal. Unfortunately, Txiki had blown the budget on Mangala instead. Something tells me Sanchez would have improved the defence more.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm

We need a first choice central defender before we need someone who would add to an already strong front three - and we need first choice fullbacks/wingbacks (on both sides) before we need a central defender.
We might be made of money but there's only so much of it we can wield per season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 pm

I'm so torn on this one. I've seen him destroy teams here and he's a goal scorer, prem proven and has a bit of bite about him plus can play multiple positions.

On the other hand he's also been a bit of a prick this season. Why we give players a pass on this because their team isn't performing baffles me a bit. I bet he never handed back a pay cheque so don't down tools. It's a worry for me, but is it enough to say no.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 am

A little torn as well. Hes obviously a quality player but he goes missing some times (not as often as Ozil) and his attitude toward his teammates and the whole match is very poor at times. He comes off like a petulant child.

Wouldnt our money be better served on defenders when we're so stocked in attack? Shouldnt Roberts be getting a look as a backup wing? The other side of the coin would be that we're gonna have alot of matches and people get injured and you should always take the chance to grab the best player available.

Ill be happy either way but if he does come he'd better not sulk on the pitch or when he's subbed
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 am

Saul Goodman wrote:A little torn as well. Hes obviously a quality player but he goes missing some times (not as often as Ozil) and his attitude toward his teammates and the whole match is very poor at times. He comes off like a petulant child.

Wouldnt our money be better served on defenders when we're so stocked in attack? Shouldnt Roberts be getting a look as a backup wing? The other side of the coin would be that we're gonna have alot of matches and people get injured and you should always take the chance to grab the best player available.

Ill be happy either way but if he does come he'd better not sulk on the pitch or when he's subbed

My feelings as well.

I would also add that if we dont get him then i hope he goes abroad. If say for example, he replaced Hazard at Chelsea then Chelsea aren't worried about scouting a replacement. He would likely slot on seamlessly there, as he would at our place.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 am

I recall a certain player at Chelsea downing tools last season and is now back to the best player in the league, would we turn our nose up at him if he became available due to a poor attitude?

If we can get Sanchez then I'm all for us trying. Proven premier league player and scores goals. He's a better finisher than both Sterling and Sane and can play in all the forward positions. It's a no brainier for me.

I would be gutted if he ended up a rag and think he would improve any team. 28 years of age is prime.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:22 am

PeterParker wrote:On the bench.

On a serious not, no, fuck him. He is a mercenary, pure example of one. I am not interested in the likes of players like him or Eriksen who said we were not good enough to join us. Well, now they are not good enough to play here.

I'm with you PP with regard to this and if we were definitely wanting another player of this type, I'd much rather us go scouring South America to try unearth one approaching the calibre of Gabriel Jesus, if that were at all possible. If that were not possible, I'd like to see us try some of or youngsters in the first team.

For me, the Sanchez boat has sailed (same with Isco, if that scenario were ever revived).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:24 am

I hope this is not true. Fucking madness. Can the thick fuckers not see what is NEEDED.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:33 am

Bloody hell, how far have we come in the last few years.
People not wanting a player of the calibre of Sanchez. It seems only yesterday we were creaming ourselves over the prospect of signing Ouseman Dabo.
For my part, I think he would move us up a level, sulking because of Arsene doesn't come into the equation imho.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:41 am

PeterParker wrote:On the bench.

When did Sanchez say this? Any quotes?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum