Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I'm not sure her spell here has worked out that well.

For her it worked out exactly how she wanted it too. Her move was always about having leverage with USSF with the US women's NT negotiation with the federation. The national team players got exactly what they wanted.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue May 23, 2017 5:44 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote::') was hardly an elbow ffs! More of an upper arm push in the face.

Red card, but fuck me I've seen worse.

Fellaini or...Fellaini or....Fellaini

Or that Okaka elbow on Vinnie that drew blood from Sunday that's been swept under the carpet.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Nice individual goal from Duggan, to put us one up against Chelsea.
We look a better team in every department to be honest.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Chelsea have been the better team in the second half but we are holding strong. Great save from our keeper too.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Ends 1-0. Another win, another clean sheet. Well played ladies
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Chelsea have been the better team in the second half but we are holding strong. Great save from our keeper too.

Yes, I was tempting fate when I said we were all over them.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:11 pm

important win, chavs chastened
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu May 25, 2017 10:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:important win, chavs chastened

very important win and needing just a little good fortune along the way I felt even if overall we probably just about deserved it. Toni Duggan does have a good habit of scoring key goals in key games and often a little bit special as I thought it was tonight.

Nick Cushing said after the game he thought the team were on empty for the last 30 minutes and it did look like that a bit. That's something like 5 games in 10 days and one a cup final so it's no great surprise the legs had gone a bit.That makes it all the moore impressive for me to beat a team as strong as Chelsea.

Next it's Arsenal who are also strong and for some reason a 12 oclock kick off. With 10K runs and half marathons happening on Sunday I will have to think of a good way of getting there!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Untimely defeat by Arsenal today, could lose us our title.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mcwfc/2017 ... 5966296175
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Third game in a week for them, and a busy spell in general for a couple of weeks - I bet they were running on fumes. (Arsenal in comparison had a week to prepare)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Dameerto wrote:Third game in a week for them, and a busy spell in general for a couple of weeks - I bet they were running on fumes. (Arsenal in comparison had a week to prepare)

It has definitely caught up with them after a really hectic schedule and still 2 games to play in the next 6 days. maybe one or two genuinely playing with knocks as well. Lucy Bronze seemed to be one.When she wasn't actually invloved in the play she looked like she was in trouble but always did what was needed when the ball was in her area.

Still could win the comp with 2 more wins.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 29, 2017 7:59 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Still could win the comp with 2 more wins.

only if Chelsea slip up, it's their title to lose now.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Watching the game against Sunderland. 0-0

Two things stand out

1 even at this level the commentators are so anti city it's unreal.

2 our girls decision making is shockingly poor. So many opportunities passed up by a stupid decision or crappy pass.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:50 pm

Goal! Stanway Get in.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Great win, Chavs unfortunately won 0-4 but we've still got a chance - it's down to the last game.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Great win, Chavs unfortunately won 0-4 but we've still got a chance - it's down to the last game.

Unlikely that they will drop points against Birmingham and that's IF we can beat dippers.

Still stranger things have happened...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 31, 2017 10:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Watching the game against Sunderland. 0-0

Two things stand out

2 our girls decision making is shockingly poor. So many opportunities passed up by a stupid decision or crappy pass.

The quality in the final third is unbelievably poor at times. The majority of our shots were not a strong as a half decent back pass until finally Stanway caught one properly.
Chance of a first time cross but no an extra touch and attempt to come inside and the chance is gone.
Chances of a simple pass to someone to shoot and it's badly missplaced.
Getting into a great position to shoot but panic sets in and the shot is attempted too early and it's miles wide.

Just so lacking in composure it's frightening. Iy's the part of the game that's missing in the womens game at least in this country. Nick Cushing is very aware of it but i am not sure what the solution is

Onto Liverpool now and they are usually very hard to beat especially on that crap pitch of their's. Hopefully a win and Chelsea don't win. Never say never.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 am

Two things stand out

The quality in the final third is unbelievably poor at times. The majority of our shots were not a strong as a half decent back pass until finally Stanway caught one properly.
Chance of a first time cross but no an extra touch and attempt to come inside and the chance is gone.
Getting into a great position to shoot but panic sets in and the shot is attempted too early and it's miles wide.

Just so lacking in composure it's frightening. Iy's the part of the game that's missing in the womens game at least in this country. Nick Cushing is very aware of it but i am not sure what the solution is

Onto Liverpool now and they are usually very hard to beat especially on that crap pitch of their's. Hopefully a win and Chelsea don't win. Never say never.

Hi Doug. Glad it's not just me. So frustrating as they're not bad players. But the end product is really lacking.

I guess it says a lot when you're right back is the best and most dangerous attacking threat (although bronze was missing last night).

If we could find a powerful striker with fast feet and a decent shot wed be laughing, I guess that was the plan with Carly Lloyd..?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:16 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Two things stand out

Hi Doug. Glad it's not just me. So frustrating as they're not bad players. But the end product is really lacking.

I guess it says a lot when you're right back is the best and most dangerous attacking threat (although bronze was missing last night).

If we could find a powerful striker with fast feet and a decent shot wed be laughing, I guess that was the plan with Carly Lloyd..?

Apart from the obvious marketing side I think that was exactly the plan with Lloyd. She does have extra qualities and composure plus she can use both feet but even she has found it hard to score due mainly to the way teams usually play against us ( packed desperate defences) and the fact that our last ball isn't often right.

The other big thing with Carli is how much she can help the development of the others.Many of them are still young like Georgia and Nikita and it's essential for their progress that they can get some composure into their game. As I have said Nick Cushing is very aware that so much of our game is spot on but that last 3rd needs real improvement.

We are good enough to win anything in England even now although really winning leagues is a straight competition between us and Chelsea (maybe Arsenal) but once we come across the best teams in Eutope we need a bit more. Iy's much the same for the England team as well.They can compete against the best in the world but have great trouble scoring goals so matches will almost always be decided by one goal.

You are right that Lucy is very often our best attacker. To be fair she also doesn't always show great composure in the final third but she is so dynamic with her attacking style she does frighten the life out of defences with her directness and makes things happen. If there is a world class striker out there somewhere I would guess we are trying to sign her
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:20 pm

As expected we beat the dippers but the Chavs, who we battered, also won away to take the title on superior goal difference. The 0-1 home defeat to Arsenal last week cost us the league.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40144237
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum