Ederson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ederson

Postby City64 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Peps record with keepers since he has been with us is shit .

Sorry to be so blunt but its the truth unfortunately .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:01 pm

City64 wrote:Peps record with keepers since he has been with us is shit .

Whilst you are right, it has only been 1 keeper, so maybe a tad harsh. It must be remembered that Bravo wasn't our 1st choice. Let's see how things go from here.
It would be stupid to think that no matter what due diligence is done on a targeted player, no club ever has attained a 100% success record. There will be the likes of Sane, Jesus especially and for a 1st season that began and was cut short by injury, unlike Piccs, I think Gundogan showed enough to show where he can get to.
Bravo has been the obvious failure and joined by Nolito, who showed glimpses, then failed.

In the early 70s, we had a forward line of Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Marsh and Law. Aguero, Sane, Jesus, Silva 1, Silva 2, Sterling and KDB, plus the possibility of additions(s) this close season are just as mouth watering.

It just may be with that lot rotating, we might not even need a keeper.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dimples » Wed May 31, 2017 7:55 pm

john68 wrote:

Whilst you are right, it has only been 1 keeper, so maybe a tad harsh. It must be remembered that Bravo wasn't our 1st choice. Let's see how things go from here.
It would be stupid to think that no matter what due diligence is done on a targeted player, no club ever has attained a 100% success record. There will be the likes of Sane, Jesus especially and for a 1st season that began and was cut short by injury, unlike Piccs, I think Gundogan showed enough to show where he can get to.
Bravo has been the obvious failure and joined by Nolito, who showed glimpses, then failed.

In the early 70s, we had a forward line of Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Marsh and Law. Aguero, Sane, Jesus, Silva 1, Silva 2, Sterling and KDB, plus the possibility of additions(s) this close season are just as mouth watering.

Then: Corrigan, Book, Booth, Donachie, Doyle, Pardoe now ?,Vinny,Stones,?,?,? we have a way to go
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 pm

To be fair, he in general has a keeper problem.

Thank fuck he had Neuer at Bayern, but let's not forget he signed Pepe Reina there. Pepe fucking Reina.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:39 pm

john68 wrote:

I am just talking about keepers John so no need to go all long winded pal :lol:
And Bravo IS THE WORST KEEPER I have ever seen keep goal for City , Pep really has to get this right this time is all I am saying .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Thank fuck he had Neuer at Bayern, but let's not forget he signed Pepe Reina there. Pepe fucking Reina.

Exactly !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Exactly !

Reina as second choice is quality!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Exactly !

Reina is a fraud, mate. He steals for a living. Always did. Decent penalty stopper, but overall, very poor keeper.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Exactly !

Give your head a serious wobble !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 pm

Supposedly Ederson has said thats hes already signed and left. If so i expect itll be announced tomorrow
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:50 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Supposedly Ederson has said thats hes already signed and left. If so i expect itll be announced tomorrow

Hopefully. Remember Mangala's deal, in somewhat similar circumstances, the video of his arrival at City was leaked online and he wasn't officially announced until 3 weeks later.

As an added bonus the press can ignore the briefing from the club on how much they paid and deduce that we paid equal percentage share to all parties( like they did with Mangala's), so expect the press figure to be a lot more than the €40m that's currently being reported.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 am

Dubciteh wrote:Im worried. Im saying no more till i see him properly though. Those youtube videos do nothing to alleviate my worry.

I personally haven't seen him playmore than maybe two times and never watched him with "that might be next City keeper" mentality. So I don't know enough of him. However that write up and some of the stuff on that video make me slightly worried. I want to see stuff like "he has amazing aerial presence" and "very surehanded". What does it matter how good he is with his weaker foot? I really don't want my goalkeepers doing ANYTHING where they need to be two footed. He also seems to have this tendency to punch the ball rather than take hold of it.

Now I'm sure some people will call this negativity. It isn't. He HAS to be better than Bravo by default. And he could turn out to be amazing keeper. I say it again, I haven't seen enough of him. And some people might be saying that I'm longing for Hart return. I'm not. I thought it was stupid move to let Hart go but things are so complicated now between the club (Pep) and Hart that there's no turning back. I just really really don't want us to miss this one.

Also, when judging GK I'd love to see video of the kind of goals he concedes and kind of mistakes he makes. All goalkeepers make mistakes but it really would give better idea what we are getting here.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 am

I remember him having a stormer vs Dortmund, but that's pretty much the extent of my scouting.

My number one priority for Prem keepers is always command of the box. Forget the lack of saves for a second (those can be down to nerves, confidence, form or a small sample size), Bravo's biggest shortcoming is the panic station every time a ball gets lobbed into his area, because he's a weak midget. Hart was better at it, but sailed past crosses on a regular basis too (and still does, looking at his compilation of howlers for Torino).

Most keepers are at least decent shot stoppers, but command of the box and a calm presence are what seperates the very best from the also-rans. Especially in this league, which is full of hoofball merchants and Kevin Davies types who will elbow your keeper in the ribs and get away with it.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:37 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Im worried. Im saying no more till i see him properly though. Those youtube videos do nothing to alleviate my worry.

I personally haven't seen him playmore than maybe two times and never watched him with "that might be next City keeper" mentality. So I don't know enough of him. However that write up and some of the stuff on that video make me slightly worried. I want to see stuff like "he has amazing aerial presence" and "very surehanded". What does it matter how good he is with his weaker foot? I really don't want my goalkeepers doing ANYTHING where they need to be two footed. He also seems to have this tendency to punch the ball rather than take hold of it.

Now I'm sure some people will call this negativity. It isn't. He HAS to be better than Bravo by default. And he could turn out to be amazing keeper. I say it again, I haven't seen enough of him. And some people might be saying that I'm longing for Hart return. I'm not. I thought it was stupid move to let Hart go but things are so complicated now between the club (Pep) and Hart that there's no turning back. I just really really don't want us to miss this one.

Also, when judging GK I'd love to see video of the kind of goals he concedes and kind of mistakes he makes. All goalkeepers make mistakes but it really would give better idea what we are getting here.

Good vid here, around 6 minutes in it shows goals conceded.

Watch on youtube.com
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 am

Benfica officially announce the transfer of Ederson to City for 40 million euros. City will surely announce very soon now.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:23 am

How freaking much? I'm so glad it's not my money.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 am

40 million euro is a fair sum of money, but as the dynamic of how keepers are expected to play these days (especially under pep) has changed so much, its probably not a big surprise. Goal keeping is not just about making saves any more...
Hope it works out because it sure will need to.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:37 am

City not announcing apparently because PL have to agree that third party issues have been properly resolved but as far as Benfica are concerned the deal is done.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:52 am

So we're just a Delph short of shelling out a Pogba for two class players.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Good vid here, around 6 minutes in it shows goals conceded.

Watch on youtube.com

If top corners are his weakspots then we are on pretty safe ground!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum