Yaya

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:And just maybe he isn't leaving after his playing career is over.

my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc

Could be but I believe Khaldoon will want him within the City group after he hangs up his boots.

Anyways I am happy with him staying, he is my spirit animal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:08 am

Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

my guess is that he's signed this one year deal because he's been promised a deal at nycfc

Could be but I believe Khaldoon will want him within the City group after he hangs up his boots.

in what sort of capacity? he would want to be paid a daft amount of money to stick around...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sparklehorse » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am

john@staustell wrote:
blues2win wrote:It seemed to me that his signing up for another year warranted a new thread.

I agree. New signing new thread!

Besides I think we've finally worked out what he does

Mind you, there's still time to edit it to a more imaginative title

"What is Yaya Toure actually going to do" ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 am

He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Cant see him playing 50-60 games either!
Assuming we bring in another midfielder he is a good back up to have, after all next season is only 2 months away...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:04 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He will hardly feature next season IMO unless we go through a bad patch of injuries.

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Nobody in the league controls a game like yaya. We just need to find a way to pass that talent and knowledge on. I don't see that we have anywhere near a natural replacement yet so will be interesting to see how pep lines us up next year.

He is the link between the defence and the rest of the team. Nobody comes close in that role.

Exactly right
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Good point with the chairman talking about Zabba
Coming back one day You never know
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

in what sort of capacity? he would want to be paid a daft amount of money to stick around...

Didn't he just take a 60% paycut to stick around?

Anyway, I am sure there are 100 jobs he could do. Club Ambassador comes to mind but maybe he wants to go the coaching route instead.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Absolutely Slim, I can see him doing his badges whilst learning more from the collective CFG, shadowing staff at academy, Vieira in NY etc.

Even if it means he has an ambassador role whilst he got his badges..
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Vantage » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 pm

The Sky Sports interview he did was great.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:06 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.
Very happy that I'll see him play for us for another season at least.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby bigblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Fully agree with that. We always look different (better) when Yaya plays. No one in our current squad can do the job he does. I truly believe that if he had played from the beginning of last season, things would have worked out differently for us.

It's not only his skill and size, he has such an incredible feel for the rhythm of the game. To know when to play it short, when to pass long, when to shift the field is so intuitive for Yaya.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:23 am

bigblue wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

It's not only his skill and size, he has such an incredible feel for the rhythm of the game. To know when to play it short, when to pass long, when to shift the field is so intuitive for Yaya.

I agree with you both if we're talking about an in-form Yaya who bothers to show up. I love the big man, but let us not forget all the games in which he virtually was a passenger in Peller's last season. There were plenty on here who said his legs were gone and wanted us to get rid.
He seems in much better shape now, both physically and mentally, and overall he's been a great, steadying influence, but this season there have also been a couple of games that just seemed to pass him by.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:25 am

sheblue wrote:

Cant see him playing 50-60 games either!
Assuming we bring in another midfielder he is a good back up to have, after all next season is only 2 months away...

I said the same this season, but there is something about Yaya that no other player in the world has. When you think he is finished he comes back again and does what he does best.

I think he will also win a couple of points on his own next season.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:26 am

mr_nool wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I agree with you both if we're talking about an in-form Yaya who bothers to show up. I love the big man, but let us not forget all the games in which he virtually was a passenger in Peller's last season. There were plenty on here who said his legs were gone and wanted us to get rid.
He seems in much better shape now, both physically and mentally, and overall he's been a great, steadying influence, but this season there have also been a couple of games that just seemed to pass him by.

Completely agree.

Yaya was very poor in Pellegrini's last season and was nowhere near his best and I wouldn't have had any issue selling him that summer. With his form and the endless sagas with his agent, Pep did the right thing I'm dropping him at the start of the season.

And it clearly worked with Yaya returning to the side and playing some great football.

I'm delighted he's staying. I didn't think he'd return to form after his decline at the end of Pellegrini's reign but he really has. And after all this time, if we're struggling in a match he is still the one person I want on the ball as he can create something out of nothing.

We need to have a long term replacement in mind for him because his time with us won't last much longer and he is a key part of how we play.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:31 am

Silva is our greatest ever player BUT Yaya is our most important
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:41 am

aaron bond wrote:
Completely agree.

Yaya was very poor in Pellegrini's last season and was nowhere near his best and I wouldn't have had any issue selling him that summer. With his form and the endless sagas with his agent, Pep did the right thing I'm dropping him at the start of the season.

And it clearly worked with Yaya returning to the side and playing some great football.

I'm delighted he's staying. I didn't think he'd return to form after his decline at the end of Pellegrini's reign but he really has. And after all this time, if we're struggling in a match he is still the one person I want on the ball as he can create something out of nothing.

We need to have a long term replacement in mind for him because his time with us won't last much longer and he is a key part of how we play.

I doubt there is a replacement out there. We might have to change the way we play instead.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:42 am

Peps handling of Yaya has also had the benefit of showing everyone else who is boss. When Aguero was left out in favour of Jesus, it would've been easy for him to have a mardy fit. But he didn't. He knuckled down and got on with it and ended the season superbly well. Just maybe he saw that Pep was not to be trifled with and had a much more ironclad approach than Pellegrini had. Pep rarely, if ever, calls his players out in public, unlike the imbecile at the swamp, but you can bet he can be harsh in the dressing room and on the training field. Just how it should be
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:03 am

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum