The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby john68 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 am

As is my occasional want; I upset a few rags over weekend when they were going on about once again making a European Trophy final.

It's really simple, The rags have qualified to play in the European 2nd Division play-off game, to see if they will get promoted to the European top division, where the big boys play.
A bit like the 'junior kids' being allowed to play in the 'senior playground'.

For a club that publicises itself as the biggest club in the World, that is really nowt to shout about.

That during the season, they miserably failed to qualify by playing shite football and only finishing 6th, well outside the target set at the start of the season, is nothing to celebrate at all.

They may have the largest penis in the football World, but it is no use whatsoever, if they are unable to get a hard on.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 am

john68 wrote:As is my occasional want; I upset a few rags over weekend when they were going on about once again making a European Trophy final.

It's really simple, The rags have qualified to play in the European 2nd Division play-off game, to see if they will get promoted to the European top division, where the big boys play.

For a club that publicises itself as the biggest club in the World, that is really nowt to shout about.

That during the season, they miserably failed to qualify by playing shite football and only finishing 6th, well outside the target set at the start of the season, is nothing to celebrate at all.

They may have the largest penis in the football World, but it is no use whatsoever, if they are unable to get a hard on.

Rags are cannon fodder these days. It really is too easy. Especially when you tell them they got their no1 target for the managers job. Spent a lot of money to accumulate to most expensive premier league squad in history. They bought the most expensive player in world football.in the summer they added to their squad by buying the ligue 1 player of the year, the bundealiga player of the year and the serie A player of the year amongst others and still finished 6th. That takes spectacular ability as a coach to fuck that up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john68 wrote:As is my occasional want; I upset a few rags over weekend when they were going on about once again making a European Trophy final.

Rags are cannon fodder these days. It really is too easy. Especially when you tell them they got their no1 target for the managers job. Spent a lot of money to accumulate to most expensive premier league squad in history. They bought the most expensive player in world football.in the summer they added to their squad by buying the ligue 1 player of the year, the bundealiga player of the year and the serie A player of the year amongst others and still finished 6th. That takes spectacular ability as a coach to fuck that up.

To be honest, any rag nowadays with an IQ over 50 tend to keep their heads down. The days of their arrogant bragging are long gone.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby freshie » Mon May 22, 2017 5:07 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

To be honest, any rag nowadays with an IQ over 50 tend to keep their heads down. The days of their arrogant bragging are long gone.

All 3 of them then
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Looking up at us...4 years and counting.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 22, 2017 6:27 pm

freshie wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

All 3 of them then

You know that many?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby freshie » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 pm

patrickblue wrote:
freshie wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

All 3 of them then

You know that many?

I know 2 and one half-breed. Should correct it to 2 really
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 am

Guillermo Varela has been suspended by his loan club Eintracht Frankfurt and told to go back to Manchester United after getting a tattoo against orders.

Varela, 24, got the artwork on Monday - before Saturday's German Cup final - and his arm suffered an inflammation.

"The club cannot tolerate that a player would defy instructions," said sporting director Fredi Bobic.

"We'd been thinking about a loan extension. But that won't happen. He'll be suspended with immediate effect."

The Uruguayan, who joined United in 2013, has only made 10 competitive appearances for the Bundesliga side since joining them on a year-long loan last summer.

However, he had featured in the past five league and cup games.

Eintracht play Borussia Dortmund in the DFB-Pokal final at Berlin's Olympiastadion.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Manchester United fans have meltdown over Antoine Griezmann news

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... n-13122796
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:17 pm

PrezIke wrote:Manchester United fans have meltdown over Antoine Griezmann news

Then there was Bale, then [you fill it in, I wasn't following closely enough and frankly can't be arsed] and now there is

United target Morata says he would be 'crazy' to leave Real Madrid this summer as reported in the Daily Wail.
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm

I don't get all this transfer priority bulkshit. They're the biggest, wealthiest club in the world. Surely they can afford two expensive signings in a window.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Scatman wrote:

I don't get all this transfer priority bulkshit. They're the biggest, wealthiest club in the world. Surely they can afford two expensive signings in a window.

There needs to a process in place just in case they get snubbed.
Which of course never happens as they're the biggest, wealthiest club in the world.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

There needs to a process in place just in case they get snubbed.
Which of course never happens as they're the biggest, wealthiest club in the world.

Oh I know I know - let's call it 'cooling interest in [player x]' - the thick twunts (sorry I mean the loyal season ticket holders) will never see through that.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40233134

I thought these people only explored abandoned places.

Maybe they thought it was!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dimples » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Tranny on his way back to the swamp as he is leaving Spain because he has to pay tax :)

When all these transfers come through - the Rags will have a fantastic squad.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Clearly to a Rag fan these days, bigger truly is more important than better... when Ronaldo said he was a wantaway I keep hearing "we are bigger than Real, so of course he wants to leave" to which I am thinking, maybe 6th place and a bunch of leftover silverware is great if you are bigger.. Fuck off.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Dimples wrote:Tranny on his way back to the swamp as he is leaving Spain because he has to pay tax :)

He says he will stay at Madrid if they pay his outstanding tax bill. What a tit.
Justified logic

Postby Dimples » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Dimples wrote:Tranny on his way back to the swamp as he is leaving Spain because he has to pay tax :)

He says he will stay at Madrid if they pay his outstanding tax bill. What a tit.

He must have been misquoted.
All of the news outlets say that Tranny's first loves are the Rags, his 'Dad' Sir Slur, the fans, the ground, the history, etc..
Even Moanio and Tranny are in love now
And that he is on his way to the swamp for an emotional reunion, a glorious swansong ;)
They can't all be wrong.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Dimples wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

All of the news outlets say that Tranny's first loves are the Rags, his 'Dad' Sir Slur, the fans, the ground, the history, etc..
And that he is on his way to the swamp for an emotional reunion, a glorious swansong ;)
They can't all be wrong.

If so, I've a feeling it could all end in tears.

That would be rather nice.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

They can't all be wrong.

If so, I've a feeling it could all end in tears.

That would be rather nice.

On the one hand I think it would be hilarious if he went to the rags as the money it would cost would be astronomical both in a transfer fee and the wages required. Imagine the disharmony that could create in the swamp dressing room.

On the other hand, he scores goals for fun in his sleep. Without a shadow of doubt he would score plenty for them and they would be a better side in the short term with him in it. The 0-0s they had at home would turn in to wins.

I hope he stays in Madrid. Or has a freak yachting accident in the summer
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum