Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 19, 2017 7:10 am

Don't like that type of shit from Goal, uncalled for.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Had an interesting thought.

If we get Ederson surely hes our #1. With Willy gone and Joe returning from loan who do you think should be #2?
Obviously people on here loathe Bravo but maybe itd be better for Joe to be sold and Bravo kept as #2.

Barring injury the backup will only play the cup matches. So its not a HUGE deal if its Bravo. Bravo is def better with his feet than Hart.
Plus Joe might still hold a grudge (despite what he says) and that could be toxic in the locker room. Lastly, Joe will prob fetch a bigger fee than Bravo.

But! Joe is homegrown and loves the club. He is WAY better at shot stopping than Bravo so it wouldnt be a huge letoff playing him in the cups even if he isnt great with his feet. Bravo is prob more likely to be sold abroad as Joe wont look to go abroad on a permanent transfer and that means if we sell Joe we'd prob be strengthening a rival.

Pluses and minuses for each. Interesting debate i think
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Had an interesting thought.

If we get Ederson surely hes our #1. With Willy gone and Joe returning from loan who do you think should be #2?
Obviously people on here loathe Bravo but maybe itd be better for Joe to be sold and Bravo kept as #2.

Barring injury the backup will only play the cup matches. So its not a HUGE deal if its Bravo. Bravo is def better with his feet than Hart.
Plus Joe might still hold a grudge (despite what he says) and that could be toxic in the locker room. Lastly, Joe will prob fetch a bigger fee than Bravo.

But! Joe is homegrown and loves the club. He is WAY better at shot stopping than Bravo so it wouldnt be a huge letoff playing him in the cups even if he isnt great with his feet. Bravo is prob more likely to be sold abroad as Joe wont look to go abroad on a permanent transfer and that means if we sell Joe we'd prob be strengthening a rival.

Pep doesn't like Hart...he wont be number 2 3 4 or 5 and will be sold.

Hart had a chance to cement his status as a TOP TOP keeper but instead turned into a fuckign shit one going on Italian reports and goal conceded stats.

If we get 15 million for him we should be fuckign thankfull IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Don't like that type of shit from Goal, uncalled for.

Care to enlighten?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 30, 2017 8:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Had an interesting thought.

Pep doesn't like Hart...he wont be number 2 3 4 or 5 and will be sold.

Hart had a chance to cement his status as a TOP TOP keeper but instead turned into a fuckign shit one going on Italian reports and goal conceded stats.

If we get 15 million for him we should be fuckign thankfull IMO.

Doubt it'd even be £10m. Conceded 62 for Torino, the third worst in Serie A. He has had a shocker
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 30, 2017 8:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Care to enlighten?

The tweet on the previous page mate. Not a fan of that type of thing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Care to enlighten?

The tweet on the previous page mate. Not a fan of that type of thing.

Thanks FIB, too busy trying to catch up..... Hadn't seen it and agree
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:25 am

Didn't do himself any favours yesterday. Wonder if we will manage to sell him or whether he will go out on loan again until his contract runs down? It's been a bad 12 months for him really.

West Ham rumoured to be sniffing round this morning. Good as place as any to resurrect his career
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:05 am

Joe Hart's England place under pressure with replacements at the ready

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
8 hours ago From the sectionFootball 51
Share this page

Joe Hart was beaten by two Leigh Griffiths free-kicks - one to his left and one to his right
Joe Hart may just have feared the worst as Scotland's Leigh Griffiths lined up a free-kick 25 yards out - three minutes to go at Hampden Park and England protecting a slim lead.

Hart's weakness at set-pieces aimed low to his left was exposed at Euro 2016 by Gareth Bale for Wales and Iceland's Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, the 30-year-old getting hands on both but failing to prevent goals, the second of which ended England's interest in the tournament.

This time Hart was engulfed by the perfect footballing storm of a brilliant set-piece from Griffiths, a wall that did not jump and poor positioning from the goalkeeper himself, too far over to his right to be able to get near Scotland's equaliser.

Griffiths repeated the treatment to Hart's right from a free-kick three minutes later and while England snatched a 2-2 draw in this World Cup qualifier, Hart's position as undisputed first-choice goalkeeper has never been under greater threat.

Two great free-kicks no doubt - but opponents have sensed the soft underbelly in Hart's game and it will not go away.

Relive the thriller from Hampden Park
Player ratings from Scotland and England
5 live Football Daily: Reaction from Hampden Park
Is Hart past his best?

Joe Hart is still a good goalkeeper - but these are tough times for someone who has been regarded as a senior England figure and automatic selection for so long,

He was brutally moved on by Pep Guardiola at Manchester City last summer. No-one tempting enough came forward in the Premier League and he ended up at Torino in Serie A, where Italian observers reflected on his performances this season as mixed.

It remains to be seen if there are any more Premier League takers this summer than there were last, but this display will have been more of a concern as far as England are concerned.

When opposition sense weakness it is probed relentlessly and ruthlessly. Think England batsman Graeme Hick, a wonderful run-getter, tortured throughout his international career against raw pace.

Bale and Sigthorsson were the most high-profile examples of Hart's main vulnerability, when in France he also cut an agitated and over-hyped figure.

Hart's England career
Debut: Trinidad & Tobago 0-3 England, June 2008 Caps: 71
Conceded: 47 Number of England managers played under: 5
And Hart simply does not seem to be the goalkeeper he once was. If this is merely some elongated dip away from his highest standards then his timing is also unfortunate.

Hart will still be able to operate at a high level but the very reasonable question being posed now is: "Is he still England's best option? Is there anyone else out there?"

The fear for Hart is that he is providing the answers to those two key questions with his own indifferent performances. No. Yes.

There has never been a more obvious time for change.

Who are the other contenders?

Hart had a free run at the England goalkeeping position for many years when he enjoyed success at Manchester City - the latest problem he faces is that he is suddenly under pressure from a quartet of contenders.

Fraser Forster has kept 33 clean sheets in 86 Premier League appearance since signing for Southampton in 2014
England manager Gareth Southgate will surely take the opportunity to try another option against France in Paris on Tuesday night. It will be a big night for the man who gets the first audition.

Southampton's Fraser Forster, who also had his indifferent moments last season, will hope it is him after the 29-year-old giant has waited patiently on the margins while winning his six caps.

And, with a touch of irony, Stoke City's 24-year-old Jack Butland must also now be regarded as a live contender to replace Hart. Ironic, because it was on England duty that the excellent Butland sustained the ankle injury, in a friendly against World Cup holders Germany in Berlin in March last year. That injury sidelined him until virtually the end of the recent season.

Butland, who has won four caps, was first cab off the rank to replace Hart and this confident, athletic keeper may soon discover that his time has come.

Jack Butland became England's youngest goalkeeper at 19 years and 158 days when he made his debut against Italy in October 2012
Burnley's 31-year-old Tom Heaton had an outstanding season at Turf Moor, although he must be regarded as an outside chance with Sunderland's Jordan Pickford, on England Under-21 duty for the European Championship, another potential long-term successor.

Pickford was a shining light in Sunderland's desperate relegation season. He will not be at the Stadium Of Light at the start of next term. The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with Everton and he will want a top-flight stage for a season leading into a World Cup.

So Hart's problem is not just his own lengthy sequence in decline, it is the fact he has now got the most serious competition - not to mention the amount of rivals - he has ever had.

Ruthless Southgate will not avoid big call

If Gareth Southgate believes there is a better option than Hart as England goalkeeper he will pick him. The nonsense about "too nice" Southgate has been put to bed forever by his decision to exclude former captain Wayne Rooney from his plans.

Southgate is an admirer of Rooney, recognises his enduring qualities, but believes he currently has better to select - so Manchester United and England's all-time record goalscorer was left out.

Hart's big worry will be when Southgate feels the same about him. He will not dodge the call.
nottsblue

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:16 am

Martyn Margetson is currently england goalkeeper coach, theres a blast from the past! He is working with Joe Hart at England, I hope he is a better coach than he was keeper!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 am

he's being hung out to dry. sad times.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 am

Highlights from the toxic Toxteth taproom aka BBC sport - utterly contemptible and utterly brainless

nottsblue wrote:Joe Hart's England place under pressure with replacements at the ready

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
............Two great free-kicks no doubt - but opponents have sensed the soft underbelly in Hart's game and it will not go away.
When opposition sense weakness it is probed relentlessly and ruthlessly. Think England batsman Graeme Hick, a wonderful run-getter, tortured throughout his international career against raw pace. ....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Has a medical tomorrow at West Ham by all accounts. A loan, surprise surprise. With an option rather than an obligation to buy. Surely someone like Newcastle could buy him?
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:Has a medical tomorrow at West Ham by all accounts. A loan, surprise surprise. With an option rather than an obligation to buy. Surely someone like Newcastle could buy him?

He also seems to have been dropped from the Head and Shoulders adverts as well NB.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby city72 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 pm

How can England's number 1 be worthless no takers on a permanent when England's number 5 was sold for £35 million?
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Amazing no decent side has approached us to take Hart on a permanent basis. Even the fact he's ended up at a bang average side like Torino and now West Ham is odd. I can only presume some rival clubs may have looked for his services on loan but we weren't going to do them any favours.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 am

city72 wrote:How can England's number 1 be worthless no takers on a permanent when England's number 5 was sold for £35 million?

England's former number 1
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 am

I might be being cynical but I can't help thinking it might be 'revenge' by Joe to run his contract down with loan moves and leave for nothing at the end of it so the club is out of pocket. I really hope I'm wrong though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Dameerto wrote:I might be being cynical but I can't help thinking it might be 'revenge' by Joe to run his contract down with loan moves and leave for nothing at the end of it so the club is out of pocket. I really hope I'm wrong though.

He might be angling for a return to Shrewsbury Town........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I might be being cynical but I can't help thinking it might be 'revenge' by Joe to run his contract down with loan moves and leave for nothing at the end of it so the club is out of pocket. I really hope I'm wrong though.

He might be angling for a return to Shrewsbury Town........

His situation is quite weird for me.

He either doesn't want to reduce his contract, he likes to settle with us paying him a shitload of money and loan him to mediocre teams, instead of accepting a lower wage and go somewhere on a permament basis OR there is something that has to do with his character.

He is a top gk, one of the best in world. As someone said above, I really find it awkward he can't get a full time contract anywhere.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum