Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Is there a difference in officiating? Just seen the Rags second goal, who would ever get that apart from spuds?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is there a difference in officiating? Just seen the Rags second goal, who would ever get that apart from spuds?

Said after the Chavs game at our place last season the league was theirs. I'd put a pile on the scum winning it this season as the officials look equally determined.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Are we unfairly treated perhaps?

In general he was just shite, but it's the subtle little things that they fuck us up with.
They should have had a red first half. Yes.

But it's the ease that we get yellows compared to worse challenges going unpunished.

It affects the game. We don't challenge 50/50's, we have people come through us with impunity. We have Sterling sent off on technicalities compared to the dangerous tackles we see others get away with.

Conveniently we lose him for the next game and the narrative of today will be how unlucky Bournemouth were. You won't hear s word about the rest.

y Bluemoon4610 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:02 am

Posted this on another thread but seems to also belong here:
For years I was always in the "we were unlucky ..." camp but over the last few (6-7+) years I've come to realise that the chances of being SO unlucky were so small that there had to be another reason. Any sane (especially a non-football) person would have to ask how one club could have so many decisions go against them - I'm not talking 50/50 or similar but blatently WRONG decisions being so often given AGAINST us and FOR anyboby else. The law of averages would say that's not possible over such an extended length of time. So why does it keep happening? We're only 3 games into this new season and already there are numerous examples, from simple free kicks to yellow and red cards and "obvious" sending off offences going unpunished. Yet which team has lost players - both during important phases of a match and for subsequent games - despite having the crap kicked out of some of the most skillful players the Premier league has ever seen with virtually no comeback on the perpetrators of this anti-football tactic. There can only be one explanation......but make your own mind up.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby branny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Wow! Just watched motd. Glossed over the Aké incident. Didn't show the tackle by Cook. Then post match, Charlie Daniels baffled as to why we scored in the 7th added minute when the board said five and Eddie Howe disappointed with the free kick that led to the winner. Alan Shearer then sympathised with the free kick decision and pointed out that it was taken 13 yards away. At least Shearer stuck up for Raheem and they were raving about KDB.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 pm

branny wrote:Wow! Just watched motd. Glossed over the Aké incident. Didn't show the tackle by Cook. Then post match, Charlie Daniels baffled as to why we scored in the 7th added minute when the board said five and Eddie Howe disappointed with the free kick that led to the winner. Alan Shearer then sympathised with the free kick decision and pointed out that it was taken 13 yards away. At least Shearer stuck up for Raheem and they were raving about KDB.

Watching it and they're very much for the English player.

They're piss poor, pampering the Rags at every stage.

Cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:27 pm

branny wrote:Wow! Just watched motd. Glossed over the Aké incident. Didn't show the tackle by Cook. Then post match, Charlie Daniels baffled as to why we scored in the 7th added minute when the board said five and Eddie Howe disappointed with the free kick that led to the winner. Alan Shearer then sympathised with the free kick decision and pointed out that it was taken 13 yards away. At least Shearer stuck up for Raheem and they were raving about KDB.
Wow is the word - contemptible bias are a couple more.
To ignore the leg breaker on Jesus and the Ake red card in both editing and punditry tells you all yet again you need to know.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:14 pm

'It's just the way it happens. You look at the extra time, you could see a couple of things didn't go our way, that's for sure. We were on the wrong side of it and I think the bigger teams do get those calls.

'I don't think we got many calls at the end, that's to be expected, the bigger team always gets the calls. It looked like it was obviously over, the initial added time. It's a blow. If the powers want to look at it by all means that would be welcome.'

This cunt must be taking acid.

City got all the calls against bournmouth apparently.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:14 am

Original Dub wrote:'It's just the way it happens. You look at the extra time, you could see a couple of things didn't go our way, that's for sure. We were on the wrong side of it and I think the bigger teams do get those calls.

'I don't think we got many calls at the end, that's to be expected, the bigger team always gets the calls. It looked like it was obviously over, the initial added time. It's a blow. If the powers want to look at it by all means that would be welcome.'

This cunt must be taking acid.

City got all the calls against bournmouth apparently.

I'd love for the powers that be to look at the piss taking time wasting from Bournemouth. That would be brilliant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:08 am

Still maintain the first step to eradicate the shit decisions we see is for the referees to contractually have to do post match press conferences like the managers do. They can be shown the decisions they made and they are then accountable for explaining them. It wouldn't take long for the decisions to improve as no one would like to explain how they were bent week after week.

If the current crop of officials don't like it then put them in the Championship. Bet there are plenty of refs there who would jump at the chance of refereeing in the PL
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 am

nottsblue wrote:Still maintain the first step to eradicate the shit decisions we see is for the referees to contractually have to do post match press conferences like the managers do. They can be shown the decisions they made and they are then accountable for explaining them. It wouldn't take long for the decisions to improve as no one would like to explain how they were bent week after week.

If the current crop of officials don't like it then put them in the Championship. Bet there are plenty of refs there who would jump at the chance of refereeing in the PL

Absolutely spot on, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Id like to know WHY no team can appeal a second yellow for a player?

Is it because it would show the ref to be a complete fuckign bent/inept offical and the powers that be just cannot afford to have that in the media ???

It can be the only reason imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Id like to know WHY no team can appeal a second yellow for a player?

Is it because it would show the ref to be a complete fuckign bent/inept offical and the powers that be just cannot afford to have that in the media ???

correct carl.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Id like to know WHY no team can appeal a second yellow for a player?

correct carl.

I actually think the ''powers that be'' enjoy the controversy and the meltdown of managers, due to the inept/bent refs performances............something defiantly sinister about their motives.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby littlebig » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Still maintain the first step to eradicate the shit decisions we see is for the referees to contractually have to do post match press conferences like the managers do. They can be shown the decisions they made and they are then accountable for explaining them. It wouldn't take long for the decisions to improve as no one would like to explain how they were bent week after week.

+1

Transparency
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

He certainly is TB but, in addition to that, I also want to hear what the 'officials' are saying to each other, during a game, on their intercom system.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CrownPointBlue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

He certainly is TB but, in addition to that, I also want to hear what the 'officials' are saying to each other, during a game, on their intercom system.

Agreed,not r/s is it !!
Mike the refs up for tv transmission like rugby.
Captain only to speak to ref...ditto.
Allow appeals for 2 yellows.
Make ref sactions same as players i.e. 2 yellow cards from managers = 1 red = 1 match ban. 1red = 3 matches.
Managers can award 4 cards after game. Gold = Top class. Green = Acceptable. Yellow = Below average. Red = Fcuk Off !
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:12 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Agreed,not r/s is it !!
Make ref sactions same as players i.e. 2 yellow cards from managers = 1 red = 1 match ban. 1red = 3 matches.
Managers can award 4 cards after game. Gold = Top class. Green = Acceptable. Yellow = Below average. Red = Fcuk Off !

Sounds good CPB.

Greater accountability is now vital for the future of the game, to my mind.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Agreed,not r/s is it !!

Sounds good CPB.

Greater accountability is now vital for the future of the game, to my mind.

Mike the refs up is a great idea
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:28 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Agreed,not r/s is it !!

Agree with the first 3, not with the ref rating though - too partial, no other sport does that - but I suspect you weren't serious.

I'd also add 1 appeal to VAR against ref's decision allowed per half, to be used until denied, with the one from the first half being carried over to the second half if not used or never denied. Third appeal for extra time with appeals being carried forward to then under the same conditions. That would allow ALL bad decisions to be challenged and overturned until such time(s) as bad appeal(s) fail and so are denied. Would never happen of course as the game is run by muppet dinosaurs who think that change is something they get with their expenses receipts.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 pm

There are some simple low cost / no cost changes that could be introduced without much controversy because some / most of them are in use in other major sports and are little more than common sense to most peeps.

They fcuk about with penalty sequences which are as rare as hens teeth but ignore the obvious.

Why should this be ?

Summats oop.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum