Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:05 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Still maintain the first step to eradicate the shit decisions we see is for the referees to contractually have to do post match press conferences like the managers do. They can be shown the decisions they made and they are then accountable for explaining them. It wouldn't take long for the decisions to improve as no one would like to explain how they were bent week after week.

If the current crop of officials don't like it then put them in the Championship. Bet there are plenty of refs there who would jump at the chance of refereeing in the PL

Absolutely spot on, mate.

He certainly is TB but, in addition to that, I also want to hear what the 'officials' are saying to each other, during a game, on their intercom system.

Absolutely. Or at the very least make the mp3s available (to clubs? to the public?) after the match.

If I were City, I'd be putting microphones in the officials' dressing room.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby edge275 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Id like to know WHY no team can appeal a second yellow for a player?

Is it because it would show the ref to be a complete fuckign bent/inept offical and the powers that be just cannot afford to have that in the media ???

It can be the only reason imo.

correct carl.

I actually think the ''powers that be'' enjoy the controversy and the meltdown of managers, due to the inept/bent refs performances............something defiantly sinister about their motives.

Totally agree with this.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 am

Had a decent game yesterday. Didn't shy away when a big call needed to be made. Wish all officiating was like this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 am

nottsblue wrote:Had a decent game yesterday. Didn't shy away when a big call needed to be made. Wish all officiating was like this

My fear for this game was the referee but I've got to say, his performance was excellent. He made mistakes that we all can but it was refreshing to see that their was no controversy.

Well done Johnathon Moss.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Had a decent game yesterday. Didn't shy away when a big call needed to be made. Wish all officiating was like this

My fear for this game was the referee but I've got to say, his performance was excellent. He made mistakes that we all can but it was refreshing to see that their was no controversy.

Fair assessment, What goes under the radar is the behaviour of Klopp, true colours now. The booing from the disgraceful Scousers. Should be the news. Offended by everything ashamed of nothing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fair assessment, What goes under the radar is the behaviour of Klopp, true colours now. The booing from the disgraceful Scousers. Should be the news. Offended by everything ashamed of nothing.

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Magnificent description of the bin dippers.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Always nice to be reminded of how low their fanbase is. Scutter.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Jon Moss was excellent and refreshing , handled the injury to Ederson very well . Guess we will be getting shafted by one of the bent / incompetent refs very very soon normal service resumed I guess ?!?!?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

We won't see Moss ref a City game again this season after his performance yesterday. Power me that be will make sure of that.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 am

Alty fan Taylor for the Watford game lads and lasses. Here we fucking go.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Alty fan Taylor for the Watford game lads and lasses. Here we fucking go.

Now that's a statement by the powers that be if ever there was one. 'You think you'll get fair reffing again, do you, well here is Anthony Cuntoid Taylor so fuck you.' What an abomination.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Alty fan Taylor for the Watford game lads and lasses. Here we fucking go.

Bugger.

It's going to be a significant consideration in the score prediction thread.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Wow it was about this time last season the corrupt powers that be gave bald rag cunt Taylor instructions to do his worst and stop us at all costs ......... fully backed up by Sky aswell !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:46 pm

amazing. the brazenness of it!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm

There was no way he would have been given a game at the etihad. He will have the home crowd backing and applauding every decision at Vicarage Road.

He is their go-to guy when things are not going to the sky4 plan.

Rag ref with huge anti City bias. Need to ask Bacary Sagna to tweet it's 12 v 11 before the game. At least he can't get done for it at the moment.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

There was no way he would have been given a game at the etihad. He will have the home crowd backing and applauding every decision at Vicarage Road.

He is their go-to guy when things are not going to the sky4 plan.

Rag ref with huge anti City bias. Need to ask Bacary Sagna to tweet it's 12 v 11 before the game. At least he can't get done for it at the moment.

That'd be brilliant.

Come on Banger, do it, do it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:54 pm

I have a visceral hatred of these wankers but I have to say I thought he had an average game today, so well done to him. No doubt he's looking to be allowed back to our place.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I have a visceral hatred of these wankers but I have to say I thought he had an average game today, so well done to him. No doubt he's looking to be allowed back to our place.

There was an air of him and the officials keeping their powder dry. Living to fight another day as it were.
Now I do realise that sounds paranoid but I don't think there was anything they could have done to stop us winning today.

They could have given two goals offside and given them a penalty and I still feel we were always going to win that one.

We look much better as a unit. Better able to handle the inevitable odd turnover of possession which caught us out last year.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Credit where it's due. He was ok today. It doesn't detract from the fact he is a rag and out to nibble us in the future.

That linesman had a mare for goals 1 and 3
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:30 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I have a visceral hatred of these wankers but I have to say I thought he had an average game today, so well done to him. No doubt he's looking to be allowed back to our place.

There was an air of him and the officials keeping their powder dry. Living to fight another day as it were.
Now I do realise that sounds paranoid but I don't think there was anything they could have done to stop us winning today.

They could have given two goals offside and given them a penalty and I still feel we were always going to win that one.

We look much better as a unit. Better able to handle the inevitable odd turnover of possession which caught us out last year.

Fair point.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum