UEFA v PSG & La Liga v CITY

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

UEFA v PSG & La Liga v CITY

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 pm

UEFA just announced they are to investigate PSG for FFP.

Sit back and enjoy.
Last edited by ENIAM NAM on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: UEFA v PSG

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Until PSG unveil their year end accounts, how can UEFA legally 'justify' such an investigation as it seems to be pre-empting the issue.

It could even be regarded as targeting PSG in some discriminatory way and I hope the French side attempt to somehow block their endeavours. Moreover, I hope we support PSG in this as, if UEFA feel they can get away with it there, we're sure to be the next in line to be 'scrutinised'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Until PSG unveil their year end accounts, how can UEFA legally 'justify' such an investigation as it seems to be pre-empting the issue.

It could even be regarded as targeting PSG in some discriminatory way and I hope the French side attempt to somehow block their endeavours. Moreover, I hope we support PSG in this as, if UEFA feel they can get away with it there, we're sure to be the next in line to be 'scrutinised'.

Given their spending, PSG must be confident they have either complied, or have an argument as to invalidity of of the whole thing.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:07 pm

If PSG have no debt the FFP should fuck off. I'm sure they can find a club somewhere with over half a billion of debt who have spent £180m on just 2 players recently. Now that's the sort of scenario FFP should be aimed at.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Does anyone know the exact rule? Sky saying you can spend £28m over your earnings over a 3 year period.

Hope to god they throw every legal argument at them, and that we back them up as MC says.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Mardbarca haha
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:21 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:If PSG have no debt the FFP should fuck off. I'm sure they can find a club somewhere with over half a billion of debt who have spent £180m on just 2 players recently. Now that's the sort of scenario FFP should be aimed at.

Absolutely.

I haven't been keeping much track of this but, just out of interest, how does our net spend compare to that of the Scum ??

I know that we've recouped a goodly balance with the players we've off-loaded this summer, which makes our overall outlay look a lot healthier, but what have the Swamp Rats been doing in the meantime.

As I say, I've not kept any note of what business they've been conducting, purely because I've no interest whatsoever in them but, in light of SSB's comment about overall debt, it could be instructive.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:If PSG have no debt the FFP should fuck off. I'm sure they can find a club somewhere with over half a billion of debt who have spent £180m on just 2 players recently. Now that's the sort of scenario FFP should be aimed at.

Absolutely.

I haven't been keeping much track of this but, just out of interest, how does our net spend compare to that of the Scum ??

I know that we've recouped a goodly balance with the players we've off-loaded this summer, which makes our overall outlay look a lot healthier, but what have the Swamp Rats been doing in the meantime.

As I say, I've not kept any note of what business they've been conducting, purely because I've no interest whatsoever in them but, in light of SSB's comment about overall debt, it could be instructive.

Depends who you believe MC but our net spend is around the same as the rags. Some say ours is higher, others say there's is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

Depends who you believe MC but our net spend is around the same as the rags. Some say ours is higher, others say there's is.

I don't know the figures but SSN announced today that the Rags had the biggest net spend this summer.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Fuck Uefa
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 pm

I hope PSG make this legal.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 pm

PSG can just play that card that the G14 clubs introduced for themselves, the one where they can use huge funds to strengthen their squad, such as a few of the Italian teams used.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 pm

PSG just announced they are to investigate UEFA's accounts.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Justified logic wrote:PSG just announced they are to investigate UEFA's accounts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:28 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

I don't know the figures but SSN announced today that the Rags had the biggest net spend this summer.

According to the DT this is true (although the story was of course that City were the biggest spenders), but the data had to be gathered from three separate pieces, all on different pages.

United spent £150m on 3 players and only recouped £7.32m on one player, Janujizz.

City spent £220.9m (or "around £220m") but recouped "around £92m" on many players (couldn't be bothered to add the sales up myself to check the accuracy of that.)

Anyway, bottom line is United net spend was around £143m, City around £129m. But we know some £78m of that was in the last FY.

The other big spenders, Chelsea and Everton, recouped a lot in sales.
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 pm

It was reported that UEFA was involved in the protracted negotiations for Mbappe. As a party in that process they must have raised warnings at the time if they thought there was a breach and PSG probably knew this would be the outcome if they went ahead with the 'loan' deal.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Justified logic wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Absolutely.

According to the DT this is true (although the story was of course that City were the biggest spenders), but the data had to be gathered from three separate pieces, all on different pages.

United spent £150m on 3 players and only recouped £7.32m on one player, Janujizz.

City spent £220.9m (or "around £220m") but recouped "around £92m" on many players (couldn't be bothered to add the sales up myself to check the accuracy of that.)

Anyway, bottom line is United net spend was around £143m, City around £129m. But we know some £78m of that was in the last FY.

Thanks for that JL; it's a fine rejoinder to all the closet Scum fans who periodically and annoyingly climb out of the woodwork when it suits them.

Can't believe they only got just over £7 million for Adnan Genocide, after he was proclaimed by the media, only a short time ago, as the next World Superstar.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Absolutely.

Thanks for that JL; it's a fine rejoinder to all the closet Scum fans who periodically and annoyingly climb out of the woodwork when it suits them.

Can't believe they only got just over £7 million for Adnan Genocide, after he was proclaimed by the media, only a short time ago, as the next World Superstar.

Can we believe the data though? Sancho £6.5m to Dortmund may or may not be true. Moreno to Independiente; to Girona on loan; and to Girona on loan again(!) Walker: £50m; Oxlade-Chamberlain: £35m. Ok, it is fair to suppose that Liverpool won't reach their add-on targets and we will ours. ;) :D
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 pm

We are also a target of course

What's Spanish for irony? Corruption is the way of life for La Liga, they are the consummate experts in all forms - from match fixing and government funding of clubs to illegal payments and tax fraud.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:27 pm

This summer has shown to all and sundry that UEFA answers to Barcelona and AC Milan, amongst others. It's a fucking racket and I hope PSG nail the fuckers in court.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum