Today's Games (9th September)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Today's Games (9th September)

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:29 pm

budfox wrote:That'll do pig, that'll do.

Interestingly the mice also sang Blue Moon on that film.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm

I think any team that attempts to play through United will get results.
Stoke, give them their dues, tried to play football. It wasn't all kick and rush. They just lack real quality, but still cut through United's midfield with relative ease, quite regularly.
Wait for CL to take its toll on them. The Rags are definitely better than last season, but nowhere near the hype in the media.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:36 pm

First real game for the rags and they drop points.
Can't wait until they actually play someone half decent.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Mourinho being the mardarse he is, wouldn't shake hands.
Think if that was Pep.
There would be a lot made of it.

Just glossed over in the aftermath here.

Jose says 'stupid things are for stupid people '.

So that's that then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm

nice 4 monaco 0
balo with a brace
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:06 pm

A slightly tense end to Jose Mourinho's interview with Match of the Day commentator Steve Wilson, who asked about the lack of handshake between the managers at full time.

Jose Mourinho: "I prefer not to answer question about handshakes - it's a bad question. It makes it look like it's my fault but that's not right."

And with that, Mourinho exits stage right.

That's ok then is it? The cunt just walks away without reproach?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Prick.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Rag fans seem to dislike Hughes as much as some on here did / do so are quite happy with his pathetic actions
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Newcastle go 1 up at Swansea. Bullet header from Lascelles from a corner
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Big blow for Burnley today. The goalie, Tom Heaton, dislocated his shoulder and is out for three or four months. They could well struggle now. Sounds daft but an injury to a key player like that can make or break a season for a team in Burnley's position.
nottsblue

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:Big blow for Burnley today. The goalie, Tom Heaton, dislocated his shoulder and is out for three or four months. They could well struggle now. Sounds daft but an injury to a key player like that can make or break a season for a team in Burnley's position.

It could make or break a season for most teams. I was almost prepared to call yesterday's victory a Phyrric one until I heard that Ederson was OK.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Big blow for Burnley today. The goalie, Tom Heaton, dislocated his shoulder and is out for three or four months. They could well struggle now. Sounds daft but an injury to a key player like that can make or break a season for a team in Burnley's position.

It could make or break a season for most teams. I was almost prepared to call yesterday's victory a Phyrric one until I heard that Ederson was OK.

Upon reflection and in retrospect mr_nool, it now almost feels like the victory of Charles XII at Narva in 1700.

The build up to the game was akin to the 8,000 Swedes against the 35,000+ Russians; everyone and his son seemed to be against us and willing the Dippers to dismantle us with their dynamic play.........and yet we prevailed in brilliant fashion, just like the 'Swedish Meteor' three hundred and more years earlier.

In this instance, we didn't need a snowstorm to aid us; all we needed was the flair and verve of talented footballers, producing aesthetically stimulating patterns which moved poetically and sweetly over the whole of the pitch, to smite the enemy down in no uncertain fashion............

.............apologies to all for getting verbally carried away; I'm just a very very happy hamster :D :D :D :D :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Upon reflection and in retrospect mr_nool, it now almost feels like the victory of Charles XII at Narva in 1700.

The build up to the game was akin to the 8,000 Swedes against the 35,000+ Russians; everyone and his son seemed to be against us and willing the Dippers to dismantle us with their dynamic play.........and yet we prevailed in brilliant fashion, just like the 'Swedish Meteor' three hundred and more years earlier.

In this instance, we didn't need a snowstorm to aid us; all we needed was the flair and verve of talented footballers, producing aesthetically stimulating patterns which moved poetically and sweetly over the whole of the pitch, to smite the enemy down in no uncertain fashion............

.............apologies to all for getting verbally carried away; I'm just a very very happy hamster :D :D :D :D :D

If that was Narva, I can only pray that Poltava won't come this season ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

If that was Narva, I can only pray that Poltava won't come this season ...

If our Poltava ever comes mr_nool, it will be courtesy of the actions of cheating and corrupt officials in far flung Champions League fields, not by the shortcomings of our upstanding troops who will still fight to win the day in England's green and pleasant land..........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum