Sane

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sane

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Out of the German international squad, impersonating a wing back has done him no favours in that quarter either it seems.

Well done Pep !!- Sane was on fire in his natural position and scared the shit out of every opposing defender prior to this season.

Watching him against Everton , I've never seen him lose the ball so often - wtf PeP fucked around with his positioning is beyond me , especially seeing as he was also shit against Gerona.

Hopefully the penny has dropped and he will not use him like this again.

Unless Mendy is fit I can see him starting in the same position again tomorrow, unfortunately.

As for his ommitance from the German squad, I'd say his refusal to be part of the Confed Cup squad has played some part in Low's decision.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Out of the German international squad, impersonating a wing back has done him no favours in that quarter either it seems.

Well done Pep !!- Sane was on fire in his natural position and scared the shit out of every opposing defender prior to this season.

Watching him against Everton , I've never seen him lose the ball so often - wtf PeP fucked around with his positioning is beyond me , especially seeing as he was also shit against Gerona.

Unless Mendy is fit I can see him starting in the same position again tomorrow, unfortunately.

As for his omittance from the German squad, I'd say his refusal to be part of the Confed Cup squad has played some part in Low's decision.

he was nosed out of that tournament wasn't he?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

As for his omittance from the German squad, I'd say his refusal to be part of the Confed Cup squad has played some part in Low's decision.

he was nosed out of that tournament wasn't he?

Aye, I wonder how necessary it was to have that surgery, could he have waited until after the tournament to get it done? Havent a clue but I'd say the same thoughts have crossed Low's mind

Can't imagine that Low has based his decision to drop him on two games where he played out of position, I'd be very surprised if that was the case.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Sanè hasn't done anything to impress me to the point I'm very very excited about him.

He gives the ball away too often for me - a better version of Adam Johnson at the moment for me.

Some on here have compared him to a young Ronaldo which I find ridiculous but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Mase wrote:Sanè hasn't done anything to impress me to the point I'm very very excited about him.

He gives the ball away too often for me - a better version of Adam Johnson at the moment for me.

Some on here have compared him to a young Ronaldo which I find ridiculous but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

You must be talking about this season as last season he ran that wing ragged.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Sanè hasn't done anything to impress me to the point I'm very very excited about him.

Agreed easily one of the highlights of last season. Once he started featuring regularly he was superb.

He looked like a fish out of water on Monday night against Everton but should never have been used in that position.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Agreed easily one of the highlights of last season. Once he started featuring regularly he was superb.

He looked like a fish out of water on Monday night against Everton but should never have been used in that position.

Pep fucking about again.

Semi rejuvenates Sterling & fucks up Leroy who could be twice the player.

Keep it simple ffs Pep,you're not the messiah.......Yet.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He had a decent few months toward the end of he season. No way did he have a good season though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He was excellent in the 2nd half of last season, especially when a certain Mr Silva used to thread those through balls perfectly in front of him, ahh it was poetry in motion. But woops someone has dropped a bollock leaving us with only one left back who incidentally is/has been injured. And hence poor old Leroy finds himself a temporary wing back, for now, where he is way too deep with way too much to think about. Thankfully he wont be there forever.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm

possibly.

but one could also argue that all of the midfielders called up are currently playing better than him and/or are just better flat out better than him. exceptions are probably Younes, Stindl, and Gnabry but the latter 2 played really well over the summer
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:57 pm

hard to use pace when we spend 2/3 of the game camped in the opposition half and they have 10 men behind the ball
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:hard to use pace when we spend 2/3 of the game camped in the opposition half and they have 10 men behind the ball

Hence wing backs. Full backs are forced narrow with extra forward in the box to stop the runs in the channels and leave space out wide for wing backs to exploit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues-clues » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Thought his first goal yesterday was a great finish. Second more spectacular but technically the first was outstanding. Good to see him back after a very rusty display against Everton.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby CrownPointBlue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 am

blues-clues wrote:Thought his first goal yesterday was a great finish. Second more spectacular but technically the first was outstanding. Good to see him back after a very rusty display against Everton.

Agree re his first goal. Great build up,clever cross,very accomplished finish.

Play him in his right position & he'll do a lot of damage.

Looks like he can play more centrally too.

Only 20 !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:16 am

blues-clues wrote:Thought his first goal yesterday was a great finish. Second more spectacular but technically the first was outstanding. Good to see him back after a very rusty display against Everton.

His first one was cold-bloodedly clinical. Absolutely brilliant.

We need him a lot more in the box, on the end of crosses/passes like that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

Leroy was clinical v the dippers and used his pace and movement brilliantly . Needs to toughen up a bit Deffo got a bit of a soft cunt side to him but unlimited breathtaking talent for a 20 year old . This lad has the world at his feet literally .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y-13603263

Manchester City player Benjamin Mendy says he has an instinctive understanding with Leroy Sane

Benjamin Mendy claims he has already struck up an understanding with Manchester City teammate Leroy Sane.

The two men combined to give the Blues their fourth goal in the 5-0 thrashing of Liverpool on Saturday, after the Germany international had been sent on as a substitute by Pep Guardiola.

And Mendy said that after working hard with Sane on the training ground, he has already developed an instinct for what he would do – they played a one-two to open up the Liverpool defence before Sane thrashed his shot past Simon Mignolet.

“In training we work this with Sane and other players,” said Mendy, who was making his home debut for the Blues.

“Leroy works on the left with me so I know him well. When he gave me the ball I knew what he would do, in my heart.

“He gave me the ball, I crossed it and … goal!”

Mendy was ecstatic after the game, and was videoed waving to fans through the one-way glass of the new tunnel, before hammering on the surface in his delight.

“I wanted to give everything,” he said. “Every day I have worked towards this, to make the fans happy.

“I liked the Premier League before I came here. It is very physical, but also mental – and I like that. With the stadiums and the fans, it is fantastic.”

Mendy has quickly made a reputation as a lively character on and off the field at City, but he said that there was no prospect of the Blues hitting the town to celebrate the win, their biggest against Liverpool since 1937.

“We are a very good team and a good group – but we won't be celebrating because we have a game on Wednesday. Now it's about going to sleep and waking up!” he said.

Good to hear. Hopefully this means Leroy will get more mins on the pitch
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:04 pm

City64 wrote:Leroy was clinical v the dippers and used his pace and movement brilliantly . Needs to toughen up a bit Deffo got a bit of a soft cunt side to him but unlimited breathtaking talent for a 20 year old . This lad has the world at his feet literally .

With a number of his goals last season his finishing for a young winger was excellent. He seems to caress the ball rather than just lace it and seems to find the bottom corner with ease. He also has plenty of composure too especially when one on one. And at 20 he has the time to turn into something really special
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm

he's nearly 22
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:he's nearly 22

Really?
That's so mature for a 20 year old.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum