Kevin The King

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kevin The King

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am

Kevin De Bruyne is much leaner this season. In my opinion looks to have lost at least a Stone in weight. Looks really good for it. He looks like an athlete, he is much quicker on the Ball, super sharp. He was awesome against Liverpool.

Last season I thought he looked bloated,a new Baby can do this to you.All those sleepless nights, and midnight snacking.

Long may his good form continue. An exceptional talent, and incredible player when on form. I have no doubt,that both he, and David Silva, will be fundamental to any success we achieve this season.

We can only beat what is put in front of us. Media tried their best to piss on our parade, after we annihilated the Candle Waivers on Saturday. Truth is, after the first 20 minutes, where we looked a bit suspect defensively, we were already 1-0 up, and in full control by the time they were reduced to 10 men. What impressed me most about our performance, was the way we capitalised with that extra man. We made it look like we had 15 men to their 10 men. They looked thoroughly demoralised, defeated. Losing 1 player should not have had this affect on them. It was us that made them look so dejected, they were chasing shadows. Was as comprehensive display against the Candle waivers as I can ever remember.
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Re: Kevin De Bruyne **The New King**

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Kevin De Bruyne is much leaner this season. In my opinion looks to have lost at least a Stone in weight. Looks really good for it. He looks like an athlete, he is much quicker on the Ball, super sharp. He was awesome against Liverpool.

Last season I thought he looked bloated,a new Baby can do this to you.All those sleepless nights, and midnight snacking.

Long may his good form continue. An exceptional talent, and incredible player when on form. I have no doubt,that both he, and David Silva, will be fundamental to any success we achieve this season.

We can only beat what is put in front of us. Media tried their best to piss on our parade, after we annihilated the Candle Waivers on Saturday. Truth is, after the first 20 minutes, where we looked a bit suspect defensively, we were already 1-0 up, and in full control by the time they were reduced to 10 men. What impressed me most about our performance, was the way we capitalised with that extra man. We made it look like we had 15 men to their 10 men. They looked thoroughly demoralised, defeated. Losing 1 player should not have had this affect on them. It was us that made them look so dejected, they were chasing shadows. Was as comprehensive display against the Candle waivers as I can ever remember.

Steady on Zabba, don't get carried away as it was only the Dippers we were playing and they're not much Kop (if you'll pardon the pun). :oops: :oops:

Seriously though, you're absolutely right; KDB does look leaner and fitter, so well spotted - and he was exceptional in his play and his overall vision. We've all been resigned to the fact that David Silva won't last forever but, perhaps, in our Belgian artist we've got the perfect successor.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Kevin De Bruyne is much leaner this season. In my opinion looks to have lost at least a Stone in weight. Looks really good for it. He looks like an athlete, he is much quicker on the Ball, super sharp. He was awesome against Liverpool.

Steady on Zabba, don't get carried away as it was only the Dippers we were playing and they're not much Kop (if you'll pardon the pun). :oops: :oops:

Seriously though, you're absolutely right; KDB does look leaner and fitter, so well spotted - and he was exceptional in his play and his overall vision. We've all been resigned to the fact that David Silva won't last forever but, perhaps, in our Belgian artist we've got the perfect successor.

Bernardo is the successor to David the Gnome - KDB is an added bonus
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Just as an aside, Ratboy has been saying KDB reminds him of BeckScum.

How misguided and arrogantly insulting is that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 am

As long as he improves his basic passing that'll do me. He'll ping a 30 yard pass out of nowhere that will find a City player with ease, but then two seconds later misplace a pass to a City player two yards away.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

And so it is decreed that henceforth Kevin DeBruyne shall be known as the new Beckham.

Rebleat after me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Miles better than Beckham all round.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Maureen doesn't rate our sublime KDB ! What does this tell us all about Maureen ? ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Miles better than Beckham all round.

And completely different. Very odd.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Beckham could do two things. Bend a ball in at pace and run round the pitch like Forest Gump. KdB has a huge variety of passes, operates in a completely different way around the pitch and has great intelligence and can speak English.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Beckham could do two things. Bend a ball in at pace and run round the pitch like Forest Gump. KdB has a huge variety of passes, operates in a completely different way around the pitch and has great intelligence and can speak English.

To be honest, it did often sound like beckham was speaking Flemish.

KdB can also tackle and has both positional nous and a sense of responsibility, neither of which beckham ever exhibited.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Scatman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:02 pm

KDB has lost weight. Maybe he means from behind, when they are bent over. It was probably just a freudian slip.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:05 pm

john@staustell wrote:

You hit the nail on the head there. Kevin is light years ahead of him in terms of footballing intelligence.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:07 pm

sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

You hit the nail on the head there. Kevin is light years ahead of him in terms of intelligence.

Editted for accuracy.(that's as big as I could get the full stop)
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

You hit the nail on the head there. Kevin is light years ahead of him in terms of intelligence.

Editted for accuracy.(that's as big as I could get the full stop)

KDB also has the advantage of not being married to a stick insect.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Not at all, coming from Gary, that's the biggest back-handed compliment he will ever not mean to give us ... high praise indeed!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:01 am

I note that the dude who can't speak properly has done a James Bond spoof with James Corden. Now James has a history of doing some really funny stuff, but this falls flat flat flat and it's all due to Becks. He just can't act.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 am

dazby wrote:I note that the dude who can't speak properly has done a James Bond spoof with James Corden. Now James has a history of doing some really funny stuff, but this falls flat flat flat and it's all due to Becks. He just can't act.

james corden funny? do me a favour. he's just a fat cunt.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
dazby wrote:I note that the dude who can't speak properly has done a James Bond spoof with James Corden. Now James has a history of doing some really funny stuff, but this falls flat flat flat and it's all due to Becks. He just can't act.

james corden funny? do me a favour. he's just a fat cunt.

+1
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am

He used to be. The one with George Michael was tops.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum