The Not Paranoid Club Thread.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Not Paranoid Club Thread.

Postby Justified logic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:A lot of our yellows are for 'professional fouls' to stop counter-attacks - a consequence of losing the ball whilst being camped out in their half with our 70% possession.

Can you back that up? I often thought that was the reason we get so many but having looked out for it in games it doesn't seem to stack up.

Kompany gets them. Would you count Sterling's trip on Saturday as one? I don't have a list, just seem to notice them at the time. Let's take note from here on?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:04 am

Justified logic wrote:
Justified logic wrote:A lot of our yellows are for 'professional fouls' to stop counter-attacks - a consequence of losing the ball whilst being camped out in their half with our 70% possession.

Can you back that up? I often thought that was the reason we get so many but having looked out for it in games it doesn't seem to stack up.

Kompany gets them. Would you count Sterling's trip on Saturday as one? I don't have a list, just seem to notice them at the time. Let's take note from here on?

I've noticed a couple already this season in fairness. As soon as I saw Kompany's on Saturday it came to mind that he's taking one for the team there.
He could have had a second later as he was threading a thin line blocking one of their players, in the current climate of officiating against us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 am

Justified logic wrote:

2 of the 3 that our defenders got on Saturday were. The Otter also got one for repeated fouling. The problem is the other team don't get reffed the same way for the same fouls. Silva was fouled from behind for the first foul of the game as I remember and that should have been a yellow. And they should have had 2 men sent off. Generally we get a card for fouls other teams get away with and it stifles our play as we look like we're afraid to tackle come the second half in most games.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Justified logic wrote:

No doubt we get some for this type of foul however this ratio of cards to fouls has been ongoing since Pellegrini's time with us, I've been looking out for this since then and still believe it's disproportionate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Justified logic wrote:

No doubt we get some for this type of foul however this ratio of cards to fouls has been ongoing since Pellegrini's time with us, I've been looking out for this since then and still believe it's disproportionate.

On Saturday Kompany's yellow was correct, clear prof foul. Otamendi, Mendy, Silva and Sterling's cards were just to comply with Pigmol's City quota..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 pm

The big issue for me now is that every team knows they can target our players with impunity. Koeman sent his Everton side out with every underhand tactic going, from feigning injury to kicking our guys off the pitch, similar to the way Howe sent his team out. Knowing they can get away with the majority of tackles leads to that one hot-headed tackle we seen on Jesus, which you'd automatically think was at least a yellow, but still went unpunished.

One of our players will eventually get a serious injury and that will be the work of the PL and PiGMOL with their distortion of the laws to suit their agenda.

Expect much more of it in the Dippers game. I have that feeling that they want their champagne teams fighting it out this season to make amends for the last few where the Rags haven't had a say.

Rags and Dippers will be the toast of this season for them, it's up to us to piss on their parade.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The big issue for me now is that every team knows they can target our players with impunity. Koeman sent his Everton side out with every underhand tactic going, from feigning injury to kicking our guys off the pitch, similar to the way Howe sent his team out. Knowing they can get away with the majority of tackles leads to that one hot-headed tackle we seen on Jesus, which you'd automatically think was at least a yellow, but still went unpunished.

One of our players will eventually get a serious injury and that will be the work of the PL and PiGMOL with their distortion of the laws to suit their agenda.

Expect much more of it in the Dippers game. I have that feeling that they want their champagne teams fighting it out this season to make amends for the last few where the Rags haven't had a say.

Rags and Dippers will be the toast of this season for them, it's up to us to piss on their parade.

Very much the way I see it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Anyone else think that our next ref for the candlepool game will be Anthony Taylor just to keep the AGENDA going.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 pm

If there was any doubt about agendas towards our club then the comments from these guys on Sky today have settled that.

Absolutely disgusting ending with rat boy saying salah should be cheating to get otter carded.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm

london blue 2 wrote:If there was any doubt about agendas towards our club then the comments from these guys on Sky today have settled that.

Absolutely disgusting ending with rat boy saying salah should be cheating to get otter carded.

You can expect it from Neville because he hates us, even though there's some City fans that pretends he's a class commentator.

But Tyler is just a cunt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:If there was any doubt about agendas towards our club then the comments from these guys on Sky today have settled that.

You can expect it from Neville because he hates us, even though there's some City fans that pretends he's a class commentator.

Their comments were disgusting and not one thought for the injured player, when has that ever happened?

That first goal had me screaming at the TV, to tell the cunts they were completely wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Their comments were disgusting and not one thought for the injured player, when has that ever happened?

That first goal had me screaming at the TV, to tell the cunts they were completely wrong.

All of the above is true.
The only way to combat it is do what we did today, consistently.
I think we saw what is possible when the ref offers us a level playing field. That's all we ask. We are capable of doing the rest.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think we saw what is possible when the ref offers us a level playing field. That's all we ask. We are capable of doing the rest.

Bang on.

Not looking for favours, just fairness.
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Bang on.

Not looking for favours, just fairness.

+1
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Nicely put.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:57 am

This club seems to be working only after something goes against us but never when ref gives us basically everything like yesterday. Why is that may I ask?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:57 am

Taylor gave us everything?

He didn't do anything significant against us, but what did he GIVE us?

I thought he was decent. And it's very unusual to say that about referees on the vast majority of our games. For very obvious reasons.

And all recorded on camera.

Can't believe I just explained all of this.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:01 am

Just the Walker/Chalobah incident really, karma for Chalobah not getting sent for starting the handbags against Chelsea. 2 possible offsides but they're on the lino not the ref.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:05 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just the Walker/Chalobah incident really, karma for Chalobah not getting sent for starting the handbags against Chelsea. 2 possible offsides but they're on the lino not the ref.

Good point.

Anyway, I remember some old pisshead telling us it balances out over the course of the season.

So it's all irrelevant anyway.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just the Walker/Chalobah incident really, karma for Chalobah not getting sent for starting the handbags against Chelsea. 2 possible offsides but they're on the lino not the ref.

I'd argue that was evened up by sterling getting wiped out in the box. Strangely no mention of a penalty from commentators for that one though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum