Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby sniffer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Watched the game back and following the kick on Ederson I timed it as approximately 11 minutes before those mutants Tyler and Neville had the decency to actually say they hoped he was going to be OK and not suffered a serious injury. All they could talk about was how the red card should not have been. Sky and their commentators/pundits are a disgrace. All rags and dippers.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 pm

I hope some of these journos encounter incredible discomfort in their lives over the next decade or so.

That would be nice.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
freshie wrote:

Knob

If he ever rocked up at our place, get one of the academy lads to drop kick him. See what sort of man he is then.

What was worse though was the presenter laughing. A player was assaulted on the field of play and they are taking the piss on camera

It wasn't Wedderburn was it?! Wonder if Gale would have given it the big un if Big Mike was there.

No, Wedderburn is decent. He wouldn't have said fuck all with him present
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:What an odd way to report the dippers' appeal... the MUEN alive and well.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... responsive

What a shit website the MuEN has got, even on a laptop the content jumps around all the time as adverts and videos appear and disappear. I've had to add it to the list of unreadable websites just not worth visiting that, sadly, also includes the mancity.com one.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm

What a great response to the article though that's down at the bottom of the page.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:What an odd way to report the dippers' appeal... the MUEN alive and well.

What a shit website the MuEN has got, even on a laptop the content jumps around all the time as adverts and videos appear and disappear. I've had to add it to the list of unreadable websites just not worth visiting that, sadly, also includes the mancity.com one.

I used to use MuEN a fair bit for City news, but now avoid at all costs, as you say auto play video's often not relevant to the article. Their FB feed is worse with misleading click bait titles, they're a shower of shit.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I used to use MuEN a fair bit for City news, but now avoid at all costs, as you say auto play video's often not relevant to the article. Their FB feed is worse with misleading click bait titles, they're a shower of shit.....

The bit that really pisses me off is when the page comes up, and I cancel the video, because I only want the article, the same bloody video then appears at the bottom of the screen.
What sort of retard designed that?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope some of these journos encounter incredible discomfort in their lives over the next decade or so.

That would be nice.

Steady on Carl, that's the kind of comment I might have made.

I trust hurricane Irma hasn't stunted your normal, free-flowing and inventive style, depriving us of the 'old' Carl we all know and love. :? :?

(PS I hope you're OK after your weather ordeal)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:46 pm

patrickblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

The bit that really pisses me off is when the page comes up, and I cancel the video, because I only want the article, the same bloody video then appears at the bottom of the screen.
What sort of retard designed that?

I've found that by disabling cookies for the site (on Chrome) you don't get the shite videos and ads that keep jumping around and you can actually read the article
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope some of these journos encounter incredible discomfort in their lives over the next decade or so.

That would be nice.

I trust hurricane Irma hasn't stunted your normal, free-flowing and inventive style, depriving us of the 'old' Carl we all know and love. :? :?

I was in the middle of an email, so my mind was in business mode and not cunt mode.

We were very lucky with Irma to be honest, it went a few degrees east at the last minute (After fucking over Puerto Rico ) but we still got high winds and shit loads of rain , still , I did my BBQ at 10 pm that same night.......nothing fucks with my weekly BBQ.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

That would be nice.

That's one cunt I wasn't worried about mick.

Bastard lives in a beautiful bunker :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 pm

I was worried about these two

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Having almost been blown off the footpath and experiencing horizontal rain today, I suspect that Irma took the wrong turn somewhere after Puerto Rico and somehow ended up in the Peak District instead.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dimples » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
freshie wrote:

Knob

If he ever rocked up at our place, get one of the academy lads to drop kick him. See what sort of man he is then.

What was worse though was the presenter laughing. A player was assaulted on the field of play and they are taking the piss on camera

It wasn't Wedderburn was it?! Wonder if Gale would have given it the big un if Big Mike was there.

No, Wedderburn is decent. He wouldn't have said fuck all with him present

So is this sewer dweller MAN enough to apologize for that gutter comment now that the pictures of Ederson's injury are available?
There should be a campaign until he does so. What an appalling thing to say.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:37 am

Original Dub wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

That would be nice.

That's one cunt I wasn't worried about mick.

Bastard lives in a beautiful bunker :lol:

Fuck me , you sound like me two brothers you do...cunts called me asking if i'm insured....fuckers !!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 am

mr_nool wrote:Having almost been blown off the footpath and experiencing horizontal rain today, I suspect that Irma took the wrong turn somewhere after Puerto Rico and somehow ended up in the Peak District instead.

Yes, I was worried our garden would flood at one point!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 am

Chris Bascombe in the Telegraph:

For City and Liverpool, this was an afternoon that gets overcrowded bandwagons rolling. For the victors the talk is about title statements. For the vanquished it was the inevitable blame game querying why Liverpool did not sign a centre-back, as if Southampton defender Virgil Van Dijk could have prevented Sadio Mane’s boot accidently smashing into Ederson’s cheek.

And there you have it. Slipped in unobtrusively, subliminally, as a fact, it should now generally be regarded as an accident. Could have happened to anyone.
Justified logic

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 am

Justified logic wrote:Chris Bascombe in the Telegraph:

For City and Liverpool, this was an afternoon that gets overcrowded bandwagons rolling. For the victors the talk is about title statements. For the vanquished it was the inevitable blame game querying why Liverpool did not sign a centre-back, as if Southampton defender Virgil Van Dijk could have prevented Sadio Mane’s boot accidently smashing into Ederson’s cheek.

And there you have it. Slipped in unobtrusively, subliminally, as a fact, it should now generally be regarded as an accident. Could have happened to anyone.

A very avoidable accident. No reason to go for it with the foot that high other than self protection/or malicious.
Does that make it still an accident? I don't think so.

I really do think if they appeal, it should be regarded as frivolous.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am

Several candle lit vigils being held right now outside dipper field waiting on the appeal , it wasn't there fault !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:21 am

City64 wrote:Several candle lit vigils being held right now outside dipper field waiting on the appeal , it wasn't there fault !

always the victims....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum