Why no full house?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Why no full house?

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:19 pm

We have played 2 home games so far against Scouse 1 and 2. These fixtures normally sell out every season, yet both were not sell outs. It's not tout sites as tickets were still available on OS.

I can't remember when we didn't sell out our first home game for any opposition. Yet the fans are not clamouring for tickets despite the amazing team we have.

I know Everton was a Monday night but even so it was the first home game.

Even stranger is I see the arse game is sold out months away?

All seems pretty strange considering the season tickets sold out prior to the season starting.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Why no full house?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm

the club is becoming more and more detached from its core fanbase and people are voting with their feet? too busy pandering to the (new) global fanbase...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:the club is becoming more and more detached from its core fanbase and people are voting with their feet? too busy pandering to the (new) global fanbase...

Never stopped the rags or other top clubs as they grew?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about the rags still trying to sell tickets for their CL game tonight on Twitter.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about the rags still trying to sell tickets for their CL game tonight on Twitter.

So did I......UnsOLD TRAFFORD as someone said. Bet nothing is mentioned on Sky tonight about the empty seats!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the club is becoming more and more detached from its core fanbase and people are voting with their feet? too busy pandering to the (new) global fanbase...

Never stopped the rags or other top clubs as they grew?

they grew in the days when you could get into a game for a few quid that you paid on the gate...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm

The Everton game could be because it was Monday night, it was on telly and during the summer hols when families are away. The dippers game is stranger. An early kick off and tv may not have helped but it's strange. The ticket prices for none season ticket holders is excessive though. It must have been virtually sold out though.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Something's not right , its not even expensive to see City play.....its pathetic to be honest.West ham get more than us........fuckign shite.
I think the club have done all they can do to make the games at Etihad a day out but the City support isn't what it used to be IMO.

The hard core still prefer to go to away games....so do I TBH..its more of a laugh.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues-clues » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm

If it's the same empty seats I don't know why they don't release them as season tickets - they'd be gone in a flash.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

I thought it was sold out??

I got tickets for scouse 1 the day they went on general sale which was in mid july. Tickets were £60+ each and i bought two, they werent even beside each other. I couldnt get two beside each other, they were at top of the colin bell too.

Something is wrong if game wasnt sold out and i couldnt get two and the two i got were prob the worse tickets in the house. £60 odd pound seems expensive to me too.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I thought it was sold out??

I got tickets for scouse 1 the day they went on general sale which was in mid july. Tickets were £60+ each and i bought two, they werent even beside each other. I couldnt get two beside each other, they were at top of the colin bell too.

Something is wrong if game wasnt sold out and i couldnt get two and the two i got were prob the worse tickets in the house. £60 odd pound seems expensive to me too.

NBCSN announced it as a full house 54k.
I could see plenty of blue seats in family stand behind the goal.
Strange.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:01 pm

blues-clues wrote:If it's the same empty seats I don't know why they don't release them as season tickets - they'd be gone in a flash.

I thought the problem was that the empty seats are season tickets but the holders aren't turning up?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:30 pm

I hope there is something like a crowd there in the Champs league. My ticket was only £15. Great value for the first game.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby blues-clues » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
blues-clues wrote:If it's the same empty seats I don't know why they don't release them as season tickets - they'd be gone in a flash.

I thought the problem was that the empty seats are season tickets but the holders aren't turning up?

Sadly you are probably right - but why buy a season ticket and not turn up to see us play Liverpool. I guess there will always be some out of 40k who are on holiday.

But if you are not going to turn up - the club should be able to sell tickets to fans who will sit anywhere, fill up the empties ten minutes in. If you are not in your seat on time you may have to sit somewhere else.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:41 pm

West Ham may get more than us because they did a deal with fans that if they pay for two season in a row they got a massive discount last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 pm

blues-clues wrote:But if you are not going to turn up - the club should be able to sell tickets to fans who will sit anywhere, fill up the empties ten minutes in. If you are not in your seat on time you may have to sit somewhere else.

That's been the go-to way of seeing matches ever since I was a kid. Buy some cheap tickets, wait until 30 minutes in, then move on down to the nice seats where people decided not to turn up. Just have to act the part and it's all good
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 pm

A lot of people don't get in until 10-15 minutes in. The ques are massive.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby blues-clues » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

mr_nool wrote:

A lot of people don't get in until 10-15 minutes in. The ques are massive.

Those ques can be troublesome Miguel

blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm taking my boys to Stoke and most of the stadium except the third tier (and even most of that) was sold out 2 weeks ago. Seems the tickets are selling so I guess it's season ticket holders not going or maybe lots of people enjoying the hospitality?
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby freshie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Something's not right , its not even expensive to see City play.....its pathetic to be honest.West ham get more than us........fuckign shite.
I think the club have done all they can do to make the games at Etihad a day out but the City support isn't what it used to be IMO.

The hard core still prefer to go to away games....so do I TBH..its more of a laugh.

Away games are so much better. Great atmosphere and fans who actually want to sing and support the team
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum