next: feyenoord (a) ucl

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next: feyenoord (a) ucl

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:know fuck all about this lot
checked their pub league table and they are sitting on top with 4 wins out of 4
rotterdam is the liverpool of holland so they are bound to be a bunch of cunts

ouch!
thats being harsh, even for a blunt style.

There's no such Dutch which can come remotely close to a scouse. nor I have ever been aware of victimism fascinations about Rotterdam folks.
If a continental comparison has to be drawn, I d rather look to Naples for parasitic and victimized mindest and to the St.Pauli neighborhoods of Hamburg for thuggish. :twisted:

and yes, Eredivisie may well be a skint league but, insofar I'm concerned, Football History Book is same as the Bible: It's divided between "before" and "after" Rinus Michels.
That's why, imo, major clubs have legions of scouts camping all over Dutch football facilities.

On a CL topic note,
I don't share at all this "we should walk the group" enthusiasm.
sure we are favourite, as we should all the way through the quarterfinals, but Napoli is a hell of 3rd pot pick and as nice makeweight, UEFA hasnt failed to gift us the only winter trip to Soviet Union scheduled for top clubs.
I would agree if we had drawn Roma instead and swooped schedules of Feyenord and Shakhtar.
not saying ain't confident, tho...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby CrownPointBlue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I think.im alone in thinking this will be a tough group. Particularly Napoli. This year's "Monaco" possibly?

My thoughts exactly.

Napoli x2 plus Russia in winter !!

We'll have to be on our mettle,finishing top is so beneficial.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

I used to remember De Kuip was a proper pit of hell stadium.

The atmosphere there was fantastic and very difficult for the visiting teams. Add to that the fact Feyenoord is coming back in the Champions Cup after 10 years or so, we are going to have problems. We need to finish them quick.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Pep says Yaya knows why he isn't in the squad and the ball is in his court. God knows what the problem is now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I think.im alone in thinking this will be a tough group. Particularly Napoli. This year's "Monaco" possibly?

My thoughts exactly.

Feyenoord are the reigning champions of their country. They will not be mugs, especially on the own patch. On paper we are better than them. But we were better than Celtic on paper last time around and see how that panned out.

Getting through the group is not a certainty. It's likely, but we can't take it for granted.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Pep says Yaya knows why he isn't in the squad and the ball is in his court. God knows what the problem is now.

That's a pity. I was hoping he was being held back to destroy Watford on Saturday.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Pep says Yaya knows why he isn't in the squad and the ball is in his court. God knows what the problem is now.

Ah for fuck sake they didn't forget a cake again did they...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

sheblue wrote:

Ah for fuck sake they didn't forget a cake again did they...

Apparently you can have your cake and eat it too. So the rumours go. In fact, he's probably helped out his team mates with their cakes as well.
nottsblue

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Feyenoord are the reigning champions of their country. They will not be mugs, especially on the own patch. On paper we are better than them. But we were better than Celtic on paper last time around and see how that panned out.

Getting through the group is not a certainty. It's likely, but we can't take it for granted.

Last year Pep was embroiled with the embarassment of not having a defensive pack.
this year, we have Mendy & Walker protecting flanks and adding diagonal cover, Danilo quite a sound defensive jolly and, as i dared mentioning a couple of times before Liverpool, Stones confidence has grown two pairs by playing alongside Vinnie.
Not yet as good as it should be, but Celtic would pose no treat this season. You can bet on it.

Not to mention the addition of the Son of God & Bernie and Sane was yet to blossom, this time last year.

EDIT:
deary me!
How could I have failed to mention E-D-E-R-S-O-N ! in the defensive equation?
cunt
Last edited by Swales4ever on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby aaron bond » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 am

nottsblue wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

It will be a tricky group. There are clearly much tougher groups but we've always done our very best to make life difficult for ourselves in the CL. Ajax and Celtic immediately come to mind of teams like Feyernoord that we have struggled against.

We play in the CL like we usually do against Liverpool - freeze and completely fail to play our usual game.

Hopefully the players are confident after Saturday and will play to their ability.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 am

I wish I could get excited about the CL. I truly wish but.. I just don't have the same buzz as I have on premier league game days

I dunno I need to stick couple of tins of Heineken in the fridge after work and see if that helps.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 am

I wasn't even bothered to check who we named in the squad or who has travelled. I saw Vinnie should still be out and based on this thread we have a new Yayagate ? Anything else I should know?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I wish I could get excited about the CL. I truly wish but.. I just don't have the same buzz as I have on premier league game days

I dunno I need to stick couple of tins of Heineken in the fridge after work and see if that helps.

Me too, i have always struggled with it, even the semi against madrid barely got me excited. This game feels like an inconvenience to be honest just want everyone fighting fit for saturday. I know that sounds sad but its how i feel.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I wish I could get excited about the CL. I truly wish but.. I just don't have the same buzz as I have on premier league game days

Me too, i have always struggled with it, even the semi against madrid barely got me excited. This game feels like an inconvenience to be honest just want everyone fighting fit for saturday. I know that sounds sad but its how i feel.

You are by no means alone. Don't care for the CL(corrupt league) myself
nottsblue

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 am

Dubciteh wrote:

Xactlee. If I saw a lineup today made of youngsters etc I'd b a lot more excited. Like dis.

Muric
Youngster1 - Tosin - Ze Mangler - Youngster2
Gundoman - Yaya
Brahim Diaz - Foden - Bernardo S
Youngster3
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bluedj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

You are by no means alone. Don't care for the CL(corrupt league) myself

The way things are at the moment, I personally feel the FA aren't far behind UEFA for being bent
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:54 am

I speculated in another thread (based on nothing but my gut) that it might be Yaya's weight that's a problem - it would be consistent with what Pep's said about it so far (not very much) and how he handled one or two other players last season. Just a hunch from me but the logic checks out.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 am

Dameerto wrote:

I speculated in another thread (based on nothing but my gut) that it might be Yaya's weight that's a problem - it would be consistent with what Pep's said about it so far (not very much) and how he handled one or two other players last season. Just a hunch from me but the logic checks out.

If that is the case Yaya needs to give his head a wobble.

#chipgate
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

#chipgate

Needs to stop giving his arse a wobble.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

#chipgate

Needs to stop giving his arse a wobble.

and the belly...........
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum