otamendi...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: otamendi...

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

You need to play to your strengths. Playing 3 at the back with fliers like Salah and Mane was always going to pose issues when pep gave the wing backs orders to attack and leave our 3 centre backs exposed. If walker was more defensive he would have covered otter. However he was hung out to dry. No defender in a back 3 will cope with raw pace if they dont get protection from the pacey wing backs.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:You need to play to your strengths. Playing 3 at the back with fliers like Salah and Mane was always going to pose issues when pep gave the wing backs orders to attack and leave our 3 centre backs exposed. If walker was more defensive he would have covered otter. However he was hung out to dry. No defender in a back 3 will cope with raw pace if they done get protection from the pacey wing backs.

Danilo seemed to cope OK with Mane.

Otter's positional sense is up his arse, that is as much a contributing factor to him being skinned as his lack of pace is.

Edit: sorry forgot to say IMO
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:You need to play to your strengths. Playing 3 at the back with fliers like Salah and Mane was always going to pose issues when pep gave the wing backs orders to attack and leave our 3 centre backs exposed. If walker was more defensive he would have covered otter. However he was hung out to dry. No defender in a back 3 will cope with raw pace if they done get protection from the pacey wing backs.

Otter's positional sense is up his arse, that is as much a contributing factor to him being skinned as his lack of pace is.

I'm glad you put that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Mase wrote:

I'm glad you put that.

It's important otherwise people might think I'm posting someone else's opinion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:He is terrible against pace. He's terrible against a strong player. He's terrible in the air.
Im not sure what he's meant to bring to the table.
And he dives and cheats.
And soft as shite

To be fair he's better against a strong player. Costa and Ibra are both still in his back pocket.

You joking? he cost us at home against chelsea when costa bullied him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOR3DoTd_dY

Agree 100% with PIccs. Hes a clear weak link, maybe can do a job in a back four with kompany but thats about it.

I think Piccs is talking about Mangala and Mase about Otamendi ...

The other way around surely?

Yeah, sorry mate!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 am

Mase wrote:

I'm glad you put that.

It's important otherwise people might think I'm posting someone else's opinion.

Speak for yourself ;)
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Here's what I don't get. He slagged on here and by pundits week after week. His lack of pace is glaringly obvious.

However, I'm sure someone put out a stat showing he made more interceptions than any other defender last season. He also keeps getting picked week after week.

Is he shit? Is he good? Is he a player with obvious deficiencies but sneaky skills?

I like the guy. His pace is a worry but I like having him in the side.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 pm

dazby wrote:Here's what I don't get. He slagged on here and by pundits week after week. His lack of pace is glaringly obvious.

However, I'm sure someone put out a stat showing he made more interceptions than any other defender last season. He also keeps getting picked week after week.

Is he shit? Is he good? Is he a player with obvious deficiencies but sneaky skills?

Good enough to play for Argentina apparently.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Justified logic wrote:
dazby wrote:Here's what I don't get. He slagged on here and by pundits week after week. His lack of pace is glaringly obvious.

They're rubbish.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

You need more than interceptions to be a top class or even average centre back, and we have no one else. He would be first gone if there wasnt such a lack of alternatives. Rumour Pep wanted to keep kolorov over him as a centre back says it all really.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:

I wouldn't read anything into that seeing as Aguero cannot even get into that side.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I wouldn't read anything into that seeing as Aguero cannot even get into that side.

That's probably more to do with his dumping of Maradona's daughter I reckon
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum