Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:59 pm

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:Pep will redeem himself in my eyes if he manages to flog Sterling to some poor sucker. Hopefully in exchange for a quality player like Sanchez.

If Arsenal continue to rip off their nose to spite their face over Sanchez I think we should go in for Mahrez.

I actually think Jonny Evans would be a decent signing, even if it's for ludicrous money like £30m. Not overly bothered about his Man U history. Sometimes you have to be pragmatic. We spend 70% of the game with the ball, and Jonny Evans is good with the ball for a defender and is also a leader, which we sorely lack when Kompany is out.

Sterling is your latest one then mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Him and Otamendi are on my 'tosser list'.

You get off easy.
Chinners last WAG is on mine.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:57 pm

He also has a lot of help

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Mase wrote:Sterling is class.

Indeed. And anyone saying otherwise need to examine how they've fallen for candle lit propaganda.

https://i.redd.it/ifzo064798kz.jpg

edge275, you're off your fucking rocker
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 am

From yesterday's Telegraph:

James Ducker wrote:"We are Man City, we have to win our respect in Europe," Guardiola said, shortly after declaring that it was "a dream to be here again for a club like Manchester City". That is probably true in the case of Feyenoord, who were last in the Champions League 14 years ago, but Guardiola shot down a Dutch reporter who asked whether this would be an easy start for City.

"Why?" Guardiola asked. "Feyenoord have more titles than Manchester City. History counts."

What a load of crap. "History counts" now when calculating UEFA co-efficients but means nothing when the whistle blows.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:He has absolutely no interest in saying anything meaningful in his post match interviews, they are a load of bollocks anyway. He treats them with blatant contempt, but there is a downside to that and it probably will work against him.

Hes up his own arse - I still get bitter over his comments demanding us fans dont boo the bent competition anthem...I've never liked him since that day.
Ill respect him if he wins us trophys but if he doesnt this year then I hope he gets fucked off.

Mancini had his faults and I slagged him off many times , but he was a great manager and he absolutely LOVED city.

PeP loves himself.

You love spouting complete shite !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:19 am

Justified logic wrote:From yesterday's Telegraph:

James Ducker wrote:"We are Man City, we have to win our respect in Europe," Guardiola said, shortly after declaring that it was "a dream to be here again for a club like Manchester City". That is probably true in the case of Feyenoord, who were last in the Champions League 14 years ago, but Guardiola shot down a Dutch reporter who asked whether this would be an easy start for City.

"Why?" Guardiola asked. "Feyenoord have more titles than Manchester City. History counts."

What a load of crap. "History counts" now when calculating UEFA co-efficients but means nothing when the whistle blows.

He's being respectful to Feyenoord instead of giving the journo the soundbite he wants.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He's being respectful to Feyenoord instead of giving the journo the soundbite he wants.

I honestly don't understand why any of us get bent out of shape about anything he says in these interviews.
I understand those that don't like his lack of understanding of City fans and their peevs, but he feeds journalists nothing really in these Interviews.

Agree with FIBD, he was bigging up Feynoord and possibly even showing how ridiculous the history coefficient thing is.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:He has absolutely no interest in saying anything meaningful in his post match interviews, they are a load of bollocks anyway. He treats them with blatant contempt, but there is a downside to that and it probably will work against him.

Hes up his own arse - I still get bitter over his comments demanding us fans dont boo the bent competition anthem...I've never liked him since that day.
Ill respect him if he wins us trophys but if he doesnt this year then I hope he gets fucked off.

Mancini had his faults and I slagged him off many times , but he was a great manager and he absolutely LOVED city.

PeP loves himself.

Go play with City64 ...there's a good boy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

In you're opinion.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

In you're opinion.

I'm not an opinion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CrownPointBlue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

PeP loves himself.

What the flecks that ??

Think I'll just continue watching City & posting my views & opinions on here thanks.

It's another great time to be a City fan & poster don't you think ?
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 pm

CrownPointBlue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CrownPointBlue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

PeP loves himself.

It's another great time to be a City fan & poster don't you think ?

It has always been a good time to be a City Fan and poster...regardless of success.

Don't you think ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:20 pm

If we keep this up on some level...might be hard to argue with this claim again.

Chequebook manager...as the critics love to say.

Yeah, except you be the one to mange Yaya and his agent the last two seasons, and deal with putting Aguero, Sane and Sterling on the bench at times.

We'll see how things go, but you can really see how good we might be the last two matches, which also we saw hints of in preseason. Very curious how we perform next few games.

We just appeared in ESPNFC's top 10 by Shaka Hislop for the first time in over a year. Ranked us 4th. PSG 1, Barca 2, Utd 3 (lol) and then us with Real Madrid 5th.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Just can't help himself. Bleating on about his only love, Barcelona, again...

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "It was so good. Especially after an away game in the Champions League. The way we played as a team, we are so happy.

"I was lucky to manage Barcelona with many outstanding performances but this week has been a lot of goals. We have found our game, we can make short passes and we have a lot of energy from our full-backs.

"The people who come from the bench always give us something new. Clean sheets are a consequence of you controlling the game.

"You have to be serious until the end, goal difference could be important but it is Sergio Aguero's decision [to give the penalty to Raheem Sterling.]"
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Justified logic wrote:Just can't help himself. Bleating on about his only love, Barcelona, again...

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "It was so good. Especially after an away game in the Champions League. The way we played as a team, we are so happy.

"I was lucky to manage Barcelona with many outstanding performances but this week has been a lot of goals. We have found our game, we can make short passes and we have a lot of energy from our full-backs.

"The people who come from the bench always give us something new. Clean sheets are a consequence of you controlling the game.

"You have to be serious until the end, goal difference could be important but it is Sergio Aguero's decision [to give the penalty to Raheem Sterling.]"

He's actually making a comparison that is favourable to us, to be fair.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Justified logic wrote:Just can't help himself. Bleating on about his only love, Barcelona, again...

The bastard. How very dare he.
Totally spoils the day for me now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

He's actually making a comparison that is favourable to us, to be fair.

What's fairness got to do with it? ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:36 pm

To be fair he was asked whether this week, where we scored 15 unanswered goals in three games, was the best week he'd had as a manager.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:38 pm

It won't take too many more 6 nils to bring me round ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Outstanding
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum