Pep Guardian football genius

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardian football genius

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:49 pm

johnny crossan wrote:It won't take too many more 6 nils to bring me round ;)

Might break the goal scoring record this season. Can't wait to see what happens against Palace.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:52 pm

IMO we've never really had a style since the takeover.

Moreso it seemed we played to beat whatever team was in front of us under mancini and under pellegrini, we were balls out attack, but still adapted to the opposition and often got sucked into their style of play.

The very best teams have a style that stays the same and it's up to the oppo to adapt and try to cope with it.

I really think pep is the one to take us to this level. I also know this was never going to happen quickly.

He enforced the style of play first and foremost and then replaced the ones who weren't up to it .

Shory term pain for long term gain last season. Even at that we were robbed in one or two competitions.

I have total faith in him. And it will take a tremendous implosion to change that.

We're going to the very top level. Finally.
Original Dub

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:IMO we've never really had a style since the takeover.

Moreso it seemed we played to beat whatever team was in front of us under mancini and under pellegrini, we were balls out attack, but still adapted to the opposition and often got sucked into their style of play.

The very best teams have a style that stays the same and it's up to the oppo to adapt and try to cope with it.

I really think pep is the one to take us to this level. I also know this was never going to happen quickly.

He enforced the style of play first and foremost and then replaced the ones who weren't up to it .

Shory term pain for long term gain last season. Even at that we were robbed in one or two competitions.

I have total faith in him. And it will take a tremendous implosion to change that.

I certainly hope you're right. Can't wait to rub the scum and dipper fans' noses in it on a continuing basis.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Yeah but do you like him?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Spot On
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Yeah but do you like him?

Erm... He comes across as a bit of a cunt.

So yeah. I do.
Original Dub

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Justified logic wrote:Just can't help himself. Bleating on about his only love, Barcelona, again...

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "It was so good. Especially after an away game in the Champions League. The way we played as a team, we are so happy.

"I was lucky to manage Barcelona with many outstanding performances but this week has been a lot of goals. We have found our game, we can make short passes and we have a lot of energy from our full-backs.

"The people who come from the bench always give us something new. Clean sheets are a consequence of you controlling the game.

"You have to be serious until the end, goal difference could be important but it is Sergio Aguero's decision [to give the penalty to Raheem Sterling.]"

One mention is not bleating on.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:31 pm

What does he actually know about football?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:What does he actually know about football?

Thankfully Delph didn't do what PeP wanted.

Genius from Delph.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:55 pm

Pep is right on it boys and girls right on it ! CITY CITY CITY CITY CITY
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Genius from Delph.

How did you come to that assessment mate?

NBC broke down how Delph was playing almost as a CM which opened up space for KDB and a few others to help us cause Chelsea so many problems.

He also picked Fabian as the LB for the last two matches, which I think most assumed was going to be awarded to Danilo.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Its a perfect match and that's why we got him.

Love his principles.

The best Manager in the World.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:37 pm

I saw Peter Schmeichel sound like an idiot the other day on Sky's "The Debate". He obviously doesn't watch us whilst they were bigging up Aguero's game as he still found a way to take a jibe at Pep in all of it (surprise!). He questioned why Pep benched Kun last season or that he needed to improve, suggesting that just because he doesn't do all of the other things Pep wants that he should not bench him as he is a goal scorer and that's his job.

It's as if he doesn't understand nor the idea of teaching which includes how believing players can change to show them it can make them even more effective works. It has worked, as Kun is clearly better as a result, and it has helped the team when he was playing. But that doesn't fit the narrative, and exposes their bias or lack of knowledge about Pep's approach.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:38 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Genius from Delph.

NBC broke down how Delph was playing almost as a CM which opened up space for KDB and a few others to help us cause Chelsea so many problems.

He also picked Fabian as the LB for the last two matches, which I think most assumed was going to be awarded to Danilo.

I don't get that remark either. Especially since that was exactly how he played in the last game as well. The only difference was that we were lopsided then with Delph playing as an inverted fullback in possession and Walker providing width. Today they both tucked into the centre depending on which side the ball was on.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:I saw Peter Schmeichel sound like an idiot the other day on Sky's "The Debate". He obviously doesn't watch us whilst they were bigging up Aguero's game as he still found a way to take a jibe at Pep in all of it (surprise!). He questioned why Pep benched Kun last season or that he needed to improve, suggesting that just because he doesn't do all of the other things Pep wants that he should not bench him as he is a goal scorer and that's his job.

It's as if he doesn't understand nor the idea of teaching which includes how believing players can change to show them it can make them even more effective works. It has worked, as Kun is clearly better as a result, and it has helped the team when he was playing. But that doesn't fit the narrative, and exposes their bias or lack of knowledge about Pep's approach.

Maybe he coached Devante right down to Fleetwood?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 pm

It would be great if he signed a contract extension.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm

PrezIke wrote:I saw Peter Schmeichel sound like an idiot the other day on Sky's "The Debate". He obviously doesn't watch us whilst they were bigging up Aguero's game as he still found a way to take a jibe at Pep in all of it (surprise!). He questioned why Pep benched Kun last season or that he needed to improve, suggesting that just because he doesn't do all of the other things Pep wants that he should not bench him as he is a goal scorer and that's his job.

And a complete lack of understanding about why Pep's teams are so good. Sure they are made up of world class players, but they know the system and play so cohesively together that the result is greater than the sum of the parts. That's why it's more important for Sergio to fit the team than the other way around
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:59 pm

One admirable aspect of today was that, even though we were winning 1-0 away to a major rival, we were still going for a second goal, right to the end.

If that had been Mourinho, there's no doubt that he would have got his side to 'shut up shop', using any underhand tactics to supplement this approach.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Genius from Delph.

I don't get that remark either. Especially since that was exactly how he played in the last game as well. The only difference was that we were lopsided then with Delph playing as an inverted fullback in possession and Walker providing width. Today they both tucked into the centre depending on which side the ball was on.

Pep wanted him gone , loaned or sold (One of the two ) but Delph refused.
PEP obviously gets the credit for having him there at left back now , but if it wasn’t for Delphs refusal to leave — where would we be today ???
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pep wanted him gone , loaned or sold (One of the two ) but Delph refused.
PEP obviously gets the credit for having him there at left back now , but if it wasn’t for Delphs refusal to leave — where would we be today ???

Bertrand, maybe, or a.n.other left back.

He missed almost half of last with injury so it's hard to blame Pep for being willing to let him go, same as may happen with Kompany now.

Apparently he's been coached to play at left back since Pep has arrived.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum