Kevin The King

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne **The New King**

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am

He is really good, however, I think he still under Merlin.

What I noticed at Tin Tin is that he usually turns to shit towards the end of the season. It did in the previous two seasons, but I put that on the decision of Pep and Pellers to overuse him even in Cup games.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:50 pm

I never felt in love with a City player likewise I did and am doing with Kev, since we signed Dave.

Yet, insofar this "Historyless Club" we love is concerned, the word King can only be associated to the leading member of the Holy Trinity. so far....... ;-)

Plenty of waters have to flow before Kev gets there.... but in Tokio's words: "The transformation of KdB into the complete midfielder is going to be an interesting watch."

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Other worldly right now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:He is really good, however, I think he still under Merlin.

What I noticed at Tin Tin is that he usually turns to shit towards the end of the season. It did in the previous two seasons, but I put that on the decision of Pep and Pellers to overuse him even in Cup games.

He doesn't 'usually turn to shit towards the end of the season'. Before he joined us he was playing very well in various competitions towards the end of the season . Usually , is not what i would use. Perhaps last season his form appeared to dip in the end . Then again , Josef tinkered around after he blew all competions away didn't he .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:He is really good, however, I think he still under Merlin.

He doesn't 'usually turn to shit towards the end of the season'. Before he joined us he was playing very well in various competitions towards the end of the season . Usually , is not what i would use. Perhaps last season his form appeared to dip in the end . Then again , Josef tinkered around after he blew all competions away didn't he .

Last season he never recovered from the Chelsea miss in my opinion. Then again I thought Fernandinho was gash from that game on too.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:38 am

Yet another jaw dropping display from him yesterday. I can’t believe the transformation in him this season. Has always been a very talented player, able to thread a pass through the Eye of Needle. He has added much more to his game this season. Tracking back much more, lots of tackling.

He keeps up with these displays who knows where he, and City will end up.

I sad yesterday in another thread, Aguero is another one of our players who looks to have lost a Stone in weight or so, he too also looks much fitter, sharper, its like has rolled back the Clock 2/3 seasons.

Trying to keep my feet on the ground, it is hard though. Remember our start to last season. Yet something feels different this time round.

There won’t be an empty seat in the ground we keep putting in displays like we are. Champions League nights will all be totally sold out.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

zabbadabbado wrote:Yet another jaw dropping display from him yesterday. I can’t believe the transformation in him this season. Has always been a very talented player, able to thread a pass through the Eye of Needle. He has added much more to his game this season. Tracking back much more, lots of tackling.

I sad yesterday in another thread, Aguero is another one of our players who looks to have lost a Stone in weight or so, he too also looks much fitter, sharper, its like has rolled back the Clock 2/3 seasons.

Trying to keep my feet on the ground, it is hard though. Remember our start to last season. Yet something feels different this time round.

There won’t be an empty seat in the ground we keep putting in displays like we are. Champions League nights will all be totally sold out.

Personally I never saw the start to last season as that good. in our first 10 league games I would say we were good for 4 of them and 3 of those were away game (Stoke, Scum and Swansea) but at home, maybe apart from bournemouth we were distinctly average. Fortunate to win against Slumberland and even against WHU and then rubbish against Everton , Soton and Boro.

No way were we playing football of this quality apart from in spells like at the swamp.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Yet another jaw dropping display from him yesterday. I can’t believe the transformation in him this season. Has always been a very talented player, able to thread a pass through the Eye of Needle. He has added much more to his game this season. Tracking back much more, lots of tackling.

Personally I never saw the start to last season as that good. in our first 10 league games I would say we were good for 4 of them and 3 of those were away game (Stoke, Scum and Swansea) but at home, maybe apart from bournemouth we were distinctly average. Fortunate to win against Slumberland and even against WHU and then rubbish against Everton , Soton and Boro.

No way were we playing football of this quality apart from in spells like at the swamp.
I agree with that.

The displays are fundamentally different this season.

Last season we were scraping results whilst not playing particularly well. This season we are creating dozens of chances and dominating possession in every game we play. I think in the game against Everton, we were guilty of trying too hard, even with 10 men were all over them like a rash. And unlucky in the end not to win that game.

MSM reaction after the Liverpool game pissed me off. The result was down played because the Candle waivers were reduced to 10 and capitulated. Yet with 10 against Everton we managed to still dominate that game, and nearly won.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 pm

As I've said many times I've never been entirely convinced by Ginger Kev. A flat track bully who has gone missing in big games too many time.
However the drop slightly deeper seems to really suit him. We were talking after the game yesterday that we achieved that performance with two players who seemed irreplaceable for us, missing. Vincent and Yaya.
I'd suggest that KDB orchestrating from deeper is the reason that Toure isn't crucial to us right now . Discuss.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 pm

It's really hard to tell , the subtle passes, nay, sublime passes that Nijinski played are being duplicated by tin tin . It is as if he has been engulfed by the ghost of Nij.

KdB plays the right passes and if you aren't on your game , it's your fault not his .

I bet Kun readily pays for the pizzas when they all have sleepovers.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:As I've said many timesI've never been entirely convinced by Ginger Kev. A flat track bully who has gone missing in big games too many time.
However the drop slightly deeper seems to really suit him. We were talking after the game yesterday that we achieved that performance with two players who seemed irreplaceable for us, missing. Vincent and Yaya.
I'd suggest that KDB orchestrating from deeper is the reason that Toure isn't crucial to us right now . Discuss.

I thought about this, and his goal against scum, fk vs Barca and performance vs dippers sprung to mind. I'm sure it was tongue in cheek though.... right?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 pm

If Sterling had connected and scored from that KDB volleyed cross it would have been goal of the season, er, if a rag had scored it that is.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:As I've said many timesI've never been entirely convinced by Ginger Kev. A flat track bully who has gone missing in big games too many time.

I thought about this, and his goal against scum, fk vs Barca and performance vs dippers sprung to mind. I'm sure it was tongue in cheek though.... right?

You'll remember also I'd guess, the Derby at the sty the previous year where he shit out of it from the first minute.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:32 pm

KDB just gets better, and better.Excellent performance yet again, has to be one of the top,if not the top midfiedler in the World right now.

What would he be worth in this crazy transfer market ?

A privelege to watch this Guy.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:KDB just gets better, and better.Excellent performance yet again, has to be one of the top,if not the top midfiedler in the World right now.

What would he be worth in this crazy transfer market ?

A privelege to watch this Guy.

AND BETTER... AND BETTER.... AND BETTER! :D :D :D

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby bigblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dimples » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Mo is a great judge of players;)
Maybe this belongs in the laughing thread?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:22 pm

bigblue wrote:Image

Yes yes yes!!!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:Image

Yes yes yes!!!!!

The Mirror is possibly this countries worst publication. I will never understand why folks not only read it but pay for it!

Wonder how those trophies for the Kop are working out for Benteke... :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum